Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Defective Giant AI

Fresh Spawn

Defective Giant AI

Had an attack earlier today where my giants walked right past a mortar to go for an air defense. The mortar was directly in front of the giants, and the air defense was on the back side of the mortar. Iíve noticed my giants sometimes will target air defenses with more priority than other defense, not just based on the location of defenses. Itís happened more than once. Not sure what the deal is, but I figured it was worth reporting

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    The key moment comes when a troop first chooses a target. At that moment, the troop can see the 3 closest suitable buildings and it chooses one from those three. Once the target is selected, the troop will attempt to reach it and destroy it. It doesn't matter if it happens to walk by other suitable targets. Once the target is selected, the troop is locked on. If you post a video or some pictures (zoomed all the way out, showing where the giants were when the prior target was destroyed), we'll be abel to show you why the giants chose the target they did.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Fresh Spawn
    https://imgur.com/a/apI6zww

What you are saying makes sense, but what these giants did does not lol

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks for the update. Yeah, I see what you mean. I don't know exactly why they did what they did, but I suspect it has something to do with the lightning spell. I could be completely off, but I did notice the the pack of giants split and wonder if it was caused by the mortar being damaged and the giants thinking that all of them were needed to finish it off.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Fresh Spawn
    Now, Iím not a game devolver for supercell, and i donít know the exact coding for the giantsí AI, but if Iím not mistaken, they should just target the nearest defense without discretion correct? Are they really smart enough to decide what they deem as more of a priority?

Quote Originally Posted by cneal15 View Post
    Now, Iím not a game devolver for supercell, and i donít know the exact coding for the giantsí AI, but if Iím not mistaken, they should just target the nearest defense without discretion correct? Are they really smart enough to decide what they deem as more of a priority?
    sharky described it very well in his posts. it is rule of 3. the troop chose between the nearest three buildings and in worst case he chose the building which is far far away.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    sharky described it very well in his posts. it is rule of 3. the troop chose between the nearest three buildings and in worst case he chose the building which is far far away.
    So itís just a game of chance then, hoping that they donít decide to skip over other buildings and go for one of the Ďthree targetsí even if one of them is on the other side of the map?

Quote Originally Posted by cneal15 View Post
    So itís just a game of chance then, hoping that they donít decide to skip over other buildings and go for one of the Ďthree targetsí even if one of them is on the other side of the map?
    this is what it ever was. deploy troops and watch them moving into death.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    this is what it ever was. deploy troops and watch them moving into death.
    Haha this is true. Iíve just never seen them skip over other defenses like that before, so it was a bit surprising.