Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Significance of maxing Spring Trap?

Significance of maxing Spring Trap?

Currently upgrading spring traps from lvl4 to lvl5. Lvl 4 seemed like a significant upgrade as it allows you to now spring 3 units of 6, like bowlers or miners, instead of 2.

However the capacity of a max spring trap is 19, which is puzzling to me. It doesnt seem to be a significant change for it to be a max trap.

I know that the spring trap has not always been upgradeable, but Im wondering if it has ever had a capacity of 20? and would this make the trap too powerful? For example, Take a hog attack, spring traps can currently spring 3 hogs per so a total of 18 hogs in a raid if each st got all it could. Would it be too much to increase that potential to 24? The units it would affect most are probably giants and hogs, but what significance does a spring capacity of 19 offer?

Just kind of wondering if its even worth it to max my spring traps, aside from the fact that they're cheap.

Forum Legend
    Just fit the upgrades in at some point .. as you say, the change from level4 to level5 is insignificant.

In my case, these upgrades were simply done when I had a builder available and the timing for my builder management matched.

Disclaimer: it's been a long, long time since I upgraded my spring-traps.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Just fit the upgrades in at some point .. as you say, the change from level4 to level5 is insignificant.

In my case, these upgrades were simply done when I had a builder available and the timing for my builder management matched.

Disclaimer: it's been a long, long time since I upgraded my spring-traps.

/Affront
    I will say lvl 5 spring traps look much cooler! 😋

imagine your base being attacked in war and all they have to do is take an archer tower for the 3 star .... the handful of troops are approaching.. oh boom the spring trap.. the troops are gone.. was it worth upgrading it now?

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Centennial Club
    Lvl 4 Spring Traps are the same as lvl 5.
    The +1 capacity you get can only matter against Archers, Barbarians, Goblins.
    But that's just theoretical cuz in practice it's absolutely impossible to spring 19 troops.
    Also I don't see the traps gettin a lvl 6 update any time soon cuz that will require some massive Hogs change as well.

I keep one Spring Trap at a -1 level in order to use it for further "Start an upgrade in any village" challenges.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Lvl 4 Spring Traps are the same as lvl 5.
    The +1 capacity you get can only matter against Archers, Barbarians, Goblins.
    But that's just theoretical cuz in practice it's absolutely impossible to spring 19 troops.
    Also I don't see the traps gettin a lvl 6 update any time soon cuz that will require some massive Hogs change as well.
    "Absolutely"? Do you have proof of this?

I'd imagine springing 19 HS is very, very rare, but troops do clump. Absolutely impossible, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    imagine your base being attacked in war and all they have to do is take an archer tower for the 3 star .... the handful of troops are approaching.. oh boom the spring trap.. the troops are gone.. was it worth upgrading it now?
    it depends

if less than 19 troop space is approaching my archer tower, It will have no effect on the outcome.

if more than 19 troop space is approaching my tower, chances are greatly in favor that a max spring trap will have the same effect that a lvl 4 spring trap will have on that group.

In the rare case where 3 giants and a wizard are left all clomping along together and perfectly sync up to get tossed by a spring trap, I will buy you a lottery ticket.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    I will say lvl 5 spring traps look much cooler! 
    I think you have just convinced yourself to get those bad boys upgraded asap :-)

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    it depends

if less than 19 troop space is approaching my archer tower, It will have no effect on the outcome.

if more than 19 troop space is approaching my tower, chances are greatly in favor that a max spring trap will have the same effect that a lvl 4 spring trap will have on that group.

In the rare case where 3 giants and a wizard are left all clomping along together and perfectly sync up to get tossed by a spring trap, I will buy you a lottery ticket.
    I have seen this many times.. especially on well designed bases..

Just accept the spring trap for what it is... its a trap that reduces the amount of troops in play.. However many its reduced by is a good thing for the defender.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.