Thread: Donation system

Donation system

Currently, the donation system is quite simple (I'm not saying that by denigrating your work): 1 person requests and the other members of the clan give him troops.
    In the few years I have been playing Clash of Clan, I have gradually realized that this system has some weaknesses IMO:

- The speed at which the person requesting troops receives them is necessarily dependent on the time of day, as it is highly unlikely to receive troops at 00.00 than at 17.00 or 18.00 (for example). (that's not true for international clan or clan with different origin).

- In general, a request is completed by a precise request for troops (a P.E.K.K.A., 1 balloon, 3 archers, 2 witches to be eccentric), but it happens (perhaps not frequently for everyone) that, either by mistake (which happens) or voluntarily (which is not necessarily pleasant), we receive troops that were not wanted (a troop I personally hate to receive being goblins).

- Time (it is not necessarily an effective argument since it prevents abuse of the donation request) which prevents troops from being requested more quickly than the time limited by the request (it is very annoying especially when we reach the end of a clan war and we have to make 2 attacks quickly for x y reasons and we have to either use gems or deal without a clan castle troop).

One idea that has sprouted in my mind would be to reverse this process from "I ask for troops and then receive them" to "I propose troops and people take what they want".

Concretely, according to my vision of the matter, we would add a tab in the clan menu where everyone can store troops (I will talk about numbers later) and people can come and get them at any time according to their availability of space in their clan castle.

In my opinion, this system solves all 3 problems above since people can go get when they want (1.) what they want (2.) according to the troops deposited and quickly when they are in a hurry (3.). Admittedly, the time limit will be abolished and replaced by a technical limit: the troops deposited for example.

Now I will reflect on the rules of this idea:
    - Limit the number of troops to a fixed number (I don't necessarily find it useful) but be able to deposit and take them all the time (the troops in this case would no longer be in the camps of the player who gives the troops).

- Limit the number of troops to the capacity of our camps (the troops remain in our camps as long as no one comes to pick them up or an additional tab in the training tab that depends on the number of troops we can do that remain blocked in the queue) + be able to place without time limit and take with time limit.

- Do not limit the number of troops but set a time limit (pose and take).

- No number or time limit (illusory in my opinion).

- Or find another solution.

To explain how this idea came to my mind, I need to explain my current situation: I am th11 (and the only active one we will say) so I have access to electro-dragons and ice golems but I am also the main troop provider (since I have stronger troops than the other members of the clan). Moreover, my clan is mainly composed of people I know and we are currently studying so we are not necessarily able to play often because of our school work.
    Thus, this proposed addition would solve the problem with the current donation system, namely the availability of everyone.

I hope you managed to read everything without giving up before the end, I tried to air the text a little bit for a better visibility.

Thank you for reading my post and thank you in advance for your answers, whatever they may be.

mastermeter
    Last edited by mastermeter; May 22nd, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

Troll Food
    This could solve the problem yes, but it also creates another issue that takes away from being a clan. Someone could just have a clan with their own accounts and store troops with their highest accounts to take troops out of for the rest of their accounts

Quote Originally Posted by BEastEffect527 View Post
    This could solve the problem yes, but it also creates another issue that takes away from being a clan. Someone could just have a clan with their own accounts and store troops with their highest accounts to take troops out of for the rest of their accounts
    People do that all the time anyway. I always have donation troops loaded in the queue on my main account so I can quickly donate them to my second account when farming
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

Actually you could do the same. Just have a clan with your account and give yourself troops. I don't understand the fact that you say "it takes away from being a clan".

I would like the convenience of a donation pool. but i think for war there is as much to be said for clan cohesiveness to donate individually per request. i think good clan structure management and teamwork should be as important to war as attacking and base design. because of war i'd say leave it as is

Interesting idea, yet very similar to the ‘Clan Bank’ already existing in the index at the top of this subforum.

Just a few questions (with my opinion)
    - can a donator ‘take’ troops from its own ‘offers’? no, to reflect current limitation,
    - can a donator ‘offer’ as many troops as currently? no, limit to 5 ‘troops’ (+perks) per player,
    - can a receiver ‘take’ as many times as wants? no, limit to once every 20 min (+perks),
    Then, I’d say this system would have the benefit of allowing ‘donations’ during off-times.
    The display of this feature could be:
    - either current system,
    - or access the bank, and take there,
    > but not use both systems simultaneously.

But again the Clan Bank already has been proposed.

nothing will stop that issue. it's just how some people are in the game. it would help those people by saving them time because it takes about 15 seconds switching back and forth to accounts just for a donation. I know from my own experience. this would solve some problems we've got and I think this is a very cool idea he's come up with

Centennial Club
    this would save me a ton of time, i’m the leader of my clan the the main donator. i feel i have to be online for hours cooking troops for war, etc when i could be playing on this acc and doing more raids. the donation system is old and outdated and needs a refresh. my clanmates are having way more fun then me because i’m too busy donating.

Centennial Club
    almost forgot, the gold pass really helped to save me time on donations, but now i’m almost out of gems and having to cook all donation except for siege machines. seriously more then half of the time i spend on my main acc is just waiting on donations to cook

I have never heard about this "Clan bank" until now x) sorry.