Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Use upgrading Heroes&buildings during CWL

Use upgrading Heroes&buildings during CWL

Most clashers I know, play for the war aspect of this game. The ability to use all buildings and heroes at their current level while upgrading, could be a boon to all. Especially smaller clans. I am a Th11 with 50/50/20 heroes so I know the pain and aggravation of sitting out wars. I have also put off upgrading so we could war. We have 45+ members now, so that's not a problem for us. Anyways, I know we have the option to purchase or earn books to alleviate this issue. But offensive ability shouldn't be hampered during war(especially CWL) for upgrades. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Forum Veteran
    Planning is my first thought.

I've kept the majority of my CWL medals from the last campaign; I haven't claimed any of the books or runes from this season's pass & I'm careful with gems.

All heroes will get a 1 level bump using builder potions & I'll use the BoH when appropriate during CWL & replace it with one from the Trader; no issues, no drama.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    All defensive buildings are used at their current level in war. Spell factories and barracks are the only buildings that have any effect on war which cannot be, and you just have to be careful with the timing of upgrading spell factories - which is only once each per TH level.

Offensive use of upgrading heroes has been effectively ruled out by Darian - with the books and hammers now available, you should usually be able to avoid having one upgrading during CWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Planning is my first thought.

I've kept the majority of my CWL medals from the last campaign; I haven't claimed any of the books or runes from this season's pass & I'm careful with gems.

All heroes will get a 1 level bump using builder potions & I'll use the BoH when appropriate during CWL & replace it with one from the Trader; no issues, no drama.
    Be careful with claiming the rewards from season pass - you will lose them if you don't claim before the start of CWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Be careful with claiming the rewards from season pass - you will lose them if you don't claim before the start of CWL.
    Thanks for the warning, but I'm up to speed with that. I was/am waiting to see what rewards were available from Clan Games and/or events, so I could use potential duplicates.

I've been profligate with my other pass account; nothing left to claim. It'll be interesting to see how difficult spending down the season loot is there. No planning, no forethought; just my normal approach, keep lab busy at all times & builders as busy as possible.

I agree planning is definitely a part of it. But CWL is 7 days. I have spent my fair share of money on this game( I would hate to know how much). But everyone doesn't have the ability to do that. I too have been saving my medals for when I max out and go to Th12. I also think the gold pass is a wise investment. Let's say I have no books, medals or gems. But I do have the DE to upgrade my AQ to 51 and CWL is 2 days away. If you upgrade immediately(5d14h) you miss half of the CWL. If you wait because your clan needed you. It would take 14d14h to complete the upgrade. Also it should only be for CWL attacks not looting during the upgrade. Medals are awarded by what place your clan came in. That encourages working together as a clan to complete an objective. Participation shouldn't be penalized in any way.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagian View Post
    I agree planning is definitely a part of it. But CWL is 7 days. I have spent my fair share of money on this game( I would hate to know how much). But everyone doesn't have the ability to do that. I too have been saving my medals for when I max out and go to Th12. I also think the gold pass is a wise investment. Let's say I have no books, medals or gems. But I do have the DE to upgrade my AQ to 51 and CWL is 2 days away. If you upgrade immediately(5d14h) you miss half of the CWL. If you wait because your clan needed you. It would take 14d14h to complete the upgrade. Also it should only be for CWL attacks not looting during the upgrade. Medals are awarded by what place your clan came in. That encourages working together as a clan to complete an objective. Participation shouldn't be penalized in any way.
    Upgrade times will have reset to default by the time you have the loot; so back to 7d (168h) for a higher level hero. There may be enough tasks (no guarantee) at the start of next season to unlock the 10% builder boost, so 151h. 13-15 builder potions will get your heroes done for CWL; less if you delay sign-up and/or attack late.

By far the best way to process end of season loot, even silver pass loot, is to sit on enough CWL medals to get the builder potions you need.

Gemming heroes for war has been a healthy revenue stream for SC. It's unlikely, in the extreme, that they'll cut that off to help us use free or bargain loot.