Thread: Loot Grab Cap?

Loot Grab Cap?

I recently hit the maximum possible loot grab and itís kind of annoying.. why make it stop counting after 2 billion? Itís fun to see how much loot you can actually get and is fun comeptition between clashers. No other achievement has a cap, so why have one for the loot grab?

Quote Originally Posted by eyeEngineer View Post
    I recently hit the maximum possible loot grab and it’s kind of annoying.. why make it stop counting after 2 billion? It’s fun to see how much loot you can actually get and is fun comeptition between clashers. No other achievement has a cap, so why have one for the loot grab?
    It has to do with the coding that only allows that many digits.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

they use a 32 bit integer to store values such as loot grabbed. the cap that 32 bit integer can hold is 2.1 billion, so they just round it down so it doesn't error at all, and they've explained before that upgrading to 64 bit integer would cost too much/effect things too much so aren't going to do it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeEngineer View Post
    I recently hit the maximum possible loot grab and it’s kind of annoying.. why make it stop counting after 2 billion? It’s fun to see how much loot you can actually get and is fun comeptition between clashers. No other achievement has a cap, so why have one for the loot grab?
    Well I'm sure every achievement has limit, e.g. try reaching 2 billion for heroic heist and tell me if it doesn't have same limit.

Like 2222 said, that cap is due to coding, largest number a one data type can store (while largest number a data type can store is something more than 2 billion, they choose 2 billion because what would look better as cap? like 2 billion or 2.235324 billion?)