Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need ballons at level 6 if doing a lavaloon attack?

Do I need ballons at level 6 if doing a lavaloon attack?

Seems like I am failing many lavaloon attacks, probably because I don't know how to use them. But will my attacks improve a bit when leveling up those ballons at level 6?

Forum Legend
    Do the math - Loons get a 50% boost in stats from L5 -> L6
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Troll Food
    Ideally for your town hall yes, I believe those are unlocked at th9 and if so I highly suggest to have success upgrading them, Loons make up a large portion of a lavaloon and so to have more success upgrade them

A mistake I often see is that people drop the hounds first then loons second. Net result is that the fast hounds get to the ADs and pop before the super slow loons get anywhere near the base. Drop loons first, hounds second; with good timing the hounds will overtake the loons before defenses lock on the loons, but at least the loons will be closer to defenses than had you dropped them second.

Another mistake is spraying and praying - instead, take some time to plan the path of the loons from one defense to the next. It only takes 3-4 loons to one-shot a single defense. Less loons on a single defense will require a second bomb drop, which is slow and wastes time. More loons on a single defense is overkill; those extra loons could have spent those bombs on a different defense. In other words if 4 loons can one-shot a defense, then putting 8 loons on one defense is a waste of 4 loons; those 8 loons would have been able to take out 2 defenses with better placement/pathing of 4 loons per defense.

A last mistake is raging the hounds hoping they'll take out the ADs faster - those hounds are only for tanking the defenses; rage the loons.

Then of course there are lots of variant strategies with kill squads, lightning spells, etc.

Forum Veteran
    Along with what JohnnyPC mentioned above, yes, definitely upgrade your balloons to level 6. They are far stronger at level 6 than level 5, and in fact they’re the troop you should upgrade first out of anything when you reach TH9.
    👊🏼 Mister 008 and Rusher 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH12.5, 60/62/30
    Walls:
    44 magma, 245 marble, 11 zap

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    A mistake I often see is that people drop the hounds first then loons second. Net result is that the fast hounds get to the ADs and pop before the super slow loons get anywhere near the base. Drop loons first, hounds second; with good timing the hounds will overtake the loons before defenses lock on the loons, but at least the loons will be closer to defenses than had you dropped them second.

Another mistake is spraying and praying - instead, take some time to plan the path of the loons from one defense to the next. It only takes 3-4 loons to one-shot a single defense. Less loons on a single defense will require a second bomb drop, which is slow and wastes time. More loons on a single defense is overkill; those extra loons could have spent those bombs on a different defense. In other words if 4 loons can one-shot a defense, then putting 8 loons on one defense is a waste of 4 loons; those 8 loons would have been able to take out 2 defenses with better placement/pathing of 4 loons per defense.

A last mistake is raging the hounds hoping they'll take out the ADs faster - those hounds are only for tanking the defenses; rage the loons.

Then of course there are lots of variant strategies with kill squads, lightning spells, etc.
    Also I see a lot of players not taking out the aq first this is important as well as cc. Also for a good lalo itís worth saying that u want enough loons in group 1 to haste through most of the base adding 3-4 at a time. Use a rage over infernoes and a heal after in heaven splash areas. Itís also note worthy that lalo can be hase specific at th ten plus just like hogs. Bothe are well documented attacks and many players plan for them. That said I love a good lalo. Just plan a good opener with high value. To get the aq and defending troops down for extra credit take out 1-2 ads and an inferno and Any xbows on air if possible. Donít go overboard on ks usuely take like 1 golem and a wrecker 6 wizs 3 hounds wrest loons and a clean up crew. If u have access to siege take four wallbreakers for ks and use the slammer as a giant loon filled with max loons itís like an extra hound. For th ten I would say minimum loons should b about 18 of your own 1 rage for ks 5 haste for loons a freeze poisen a rage and heal.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post

This is actually very helpful!

/+1

No. I play with loons and lavaloon since 2014. I have all Th in game and All lvl loons. Just need know how put, where and why 😉 Sure new lvl help, but do't forget new lvl mean you start atack high Th not low. CC deff me care only 8 th and below. Start from 9 th and higher never fight with cc before start atack. Before when we not have poison, it's been very fun kill with loon cc ground troops )
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:08 AM.

Pro Member
    As a General rule, troops and defenses upgrades and increased HP and damage is not linear, so every upgrade is really worth doing if you are using that troop. That said you should still be able to have some modicum of success with the troop a level down as long as you aren't picking the toughest of targets. Getting the basics right on deployment and strategy with go a long way to turning things around, and when those upgraded loons come along you will really reap the benefits.

The jump between loon5 and loon6 is pretty substantial if Iím thinking about the same upgrade so it should make a HUGE difference to attack strength. Itís not to say lavaloon with loon5 wonít be successful, but its a fairly technical attack strat in my experience and so going in with loon5 simply leaves you with less room for errors. It can be done but if you want to hit a max base with an active AQ and centralized/full CC, youíll be glad you upgraded your loons 👍