Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Cheap Gold Pass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1

    Cheap Gold Pass

    Gold pass is very expensive for many players especially in India so i request you to decrease the price of your gold pass to 80rs at least so I'll buy it.
    Last edited by Hemant22; May 20th, 2019 at 09:52 AM.

  2. #2
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,171
    At current exchange rates, 80 INR = 1.15 USD. So what you are really suggesting is the price be set at about $1 USD. All prices are set in USD, then Apple and Google (not Supercell) sets price for local currencies.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemant22 View Post
    Gold pass is very expensive for many players especially in India so i request you to decrease the price of your gold pass to 80rs at least so I'll buy it.
    Compared to what things normally cost in this game, the gold pass is very inexpensive. It is one of the best purchases in the game.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  4. #4
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Compared to what things normally cost in this game, the gold pass is very inexpensive. It is one of the best purchases in the game.
    I am not sure if you know what the average income is in India. As I know from my times there gets an engineer ~ 500 EUR per month (38k RS) and that is by far above average.

  5. #5
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,171
    Understand, I am well aware of differing cost for items around the world. But, as I stated above, Supercell sets one price, then Google and Apple do the conversions for all other currencies. Only thing they in turn can do is use is the international conversion rates per current market value.

    I absolutely understand that what $5 buys in the US is not what it buys in India. But, there are no relative conversion rates, such as "a cup of coffee cost x in US, and y in India" or "the average weekly salary is x in US, and y in India".

    So please understand, they have it in their control only to change the price for everyone in the world, but not have one price for India, yet a different on for others. So yes, you can suggest a price drop for all worldwide, but not just for India.

    Addendum:Thought I waa editing my above post to add this. Obviously was not so. In case somebody wonders "who was this in response to?".
    Last edited by rowman; May 20th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

  6. #6
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Understand, I am well aware of differing cost for items around the world. But, as I stated above, Supercell sets one price, then Google and Apple do the conversions for all other currencies. Only thing they in turn can do is use is the international conversion rates per current market value.

    I absolutely understand that what $5 buys in the US is not what it buys in India. But, there are no relative conversion rates, such as "a cup of coffee cost x in US, and y in India" or "the average weekly salary is x in US, and y in India".

    So please understand, they have it in their control only to change the price for everyone in the world, but not have one price for India, yet a different on for others. So yes, you can suggest a price drop for all worldwide, but not just for India.

    Addendum:
    That was not the point I wanted to make. I read here and also in the first threads about gold pass how cheap it is and that's maybe true for you and me. But it might be a whole day worth of food in many other regions.
    Therefor I can understand that some people come here and ask for a price drop.

    By the way SC does not select a price in US Dollar, at least at Apple the select a tier and the tier translate in all prices worldwide. (Nearly the same as you wrote above)
    Last edited by zellnera; May 20th, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member AegarTargaryen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Above the world, dropping wizards everywhere.
    Posts
    428
    Supercell shouldn’t have to set prices based on the average wage in India. What about African countries that make less than India?

    They would lose money.

    My suggestion is to wait until you make more, so just don’t buy the gold pass

  8. #8
    Troll Food
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    199
    1 dollar for like 3 runes, 15million gold andelixir, 250,000 dark elixir, a hero skin, other loot rewards, potions and magic items and huge boosts. Like bro for one dollar!?!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    I am not sure if you know what the average income is in India. As I know from my times there gets an engineer ~ 500 EUR per month (38k RS) and that is by far above average.
    The average income in India is irrelevant to what I stated in my post.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  10. #10
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    705
    The gold pass better say the hero skin is nearly the only thing you get with real money. So I can understand that some player do want to buy the pass even it would be too expensive for them. Regardless if the gold pass is the best deal in the world of coc

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •