Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Air bombs flying across the map

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Onay View Post
    Red air bombs retargeting from a loon/drag to your bat swarm is very very annoying. It happened to me and I still managed to win but this is a serious problem threathening air strats. If the bomb retarget to your warden it can also have critical consequences on your army.

It’s not a game mechanic as some people pretend. Its just a dangerous unpredictable bug for air armies that need to be corrected.
    Hehe, I shared a video on exactly that on second page and I wasn't lucky like you. But still happy with 94%.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    this is clearly a bug, very old one.

The basic rule of strategy game is that each object has its radius, this is true for towers, traps, units and heroes.
    Nothing should be able to hit anything outside its range.
    Where did this rule come from and which game are you playing? Because neither traps, units nor heroes can only attack within a specific radius. If you trigger a skeleton trap, the skeletons will run all over the map. If you trigger a clan castle, the troops will run all over the map. If you trigger a hero, it, too, will run all over the map until it or its target is dead.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

It is a seeking air mine.. Definition of seeking id "to go in search of"...

if the troop that triggered the trap is still active in play it WILL go after that troop and detonate. If that troop is no longer in play and the air mine hasnt detonated it will find a new target and detonate.

I really dont understand why it is so difficult to grasp that concept.

There will always be anomalies with all troops as what we see with the naked eye on a screen and the millions of calcs running every second based upon every scenario every now and them something might be slightly off.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Where did this rule come from and which game are you playing? Because neither traps, units nor heroes can only attack within a specific radius. If you trigger a skeleton trap, the skeletons will run all over the map. If you trigger a clan castle, the troops will run all over the map. If you trigger a hero, it, too, will run all over the map until it or its target is dead.
    One can plan for heroes and cc troops. One can also counter skele traps with a poison spell. How can anyone counter this random behavior of air mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post

if the troop that triggered the trap is still active in play it WILL go after that troop and detonate. If that troop is no longer in play and the air mine hasnt detonated it will find a new target and detonate.

You can keep on applying logic to this. But it won't make it a well intended built in feature. If it's a feature of air mine, how is anyone supposed to counter it or plan for it?

There will always be anomalies with all troops as what we see with the naked eye on a screen and the millions of calcs running every second based upon every scenario every now and them something might be slightly off.
    I also don't understand, on one hand you acknowledge that this is an anomaly, on other hand, you try to paint it as if it's a built in feature. Yes, there will always be some anomalies, but it doesn't mean we should happily accept an anomaly. If we do so, there will never be an improvement. Since there will always be some anomalies, SC's attempts to improve the AI are time waste? SC should stop trying to improve such stuff?
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:08 PM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post

By this logic this should never happen with the red air bombs (don’t have seeking in the name) but they do.

“I really don’t understand why it is so difficult to grasp that concept”

Probably because you simply can’t justify your beliefs to keep this mechanic that doesn’t add anything positive to the game. Your arguments thus far boil down to “It’s in the name” and “Well you just got unlucky”.

For the former this shouldn’t need an explanation as it’s obviously fallacious. Simply because something is named a certain way or is working as intended doesn’t mean it isn’t flawed or that it shouldn’t be changed.

For the latter: how about we just remove this mechanic that adds nothing positive to the game so we can get rid of this unluckiness. This game already has a fair amount of luck to it, don’t you think? I guess SC shouldn’t make any AI changes since an AI fail is just bad luck.

It seems from your comments you are arguing that this mechanic is okay and should be kept in the game. If my impression is correct this is what’s wrong with your arguments.
    Last edited by GodlyMortal; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:56 PM.

Pro Member
    Well.... it's the basics of this and almost any strategy game and i play CoC.

Now to your example:
    skeletons and clan castle also have their radius. the fact they can run over entire base just suggests their radius is larger than the base...
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    One can plan for heroes and cc troops. One can also counter skele traps with a poison spell. How can anyone counter this random behavior of air mine?
    But it's not random at all. The troop it was originally targeting died. Are you making the claim that every poison spell kills every skeleton and none ever survive long enough to attack a different troop? Or that every plan for heroes works exactly as intended and no hero ever survives to attack another troop or ruin an attack? Or that clan castle troops don't just target other troops when their original target dies? And what's your plan for the tornado trap and its effect? Or the hidden teslas or hidden traps?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    Well.... it's the basics of this and almost any strategy game and i play CoC.

Now to your example:
    skeletons and clan castle also have their radius. the fact they can run over entire base just suggests their radius is larger than the base...
    It's not the basis of this game as should be clear from my three examples, which do have trigger radii. However, if you're willing to accept the wholly invented concept that the radii of these elements is much larger than the screen, then you should be able to accept that the radius of the seeking air mine is the entire screen. I'm not sure why you think that helps your case, but I'm game to allow you to think of it this way.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

I quickly looked through this thread and if the complete, concise answer (that I believe to be true) is in here I don't see it.

An air mine or bomb is triggered when an air troop (that it targets) enters it's "white circle". A moment later that mine/bomb targets the nearest air troop. Many times that is the same troop. The exceptions are why threads like this happen.

So, to be clear, there are two completely different operations at play here, triggering and targeting.

How does that explain a black air mine traveling a long way to hit your Warden? Well, whatever triggered that mine died BEFORE the targeting happened. When the trap went into target mode your Warden was the closest target and there is no distance restriction for the target part. On the other hand, if whatever triggered the mine dies AFTER being targeted it flies over to the spot the target died and explodes there.

This also explains bats sometimes getting hit by air bombs. If they are the closest air troop to the trap when it is triggered they will get targeted. I have a video showing that here (note the bats might also fall to the same fate as the Warden example above if the trigger troop dies BEFORE the targeting part happens if the bats are the next closest target)

So, we would see this happen much more if they increased the time between triggering and targeting and see it less if they decreased it.

What I would like to see (and I think many are with me) is the bomb/mine target whatever triggers it but it that is now how the game works at the moment.

All that to say this; it is not a bug, and it is not random, but I would like to see it changed.

More on the difference between triggering and targeting here (further hint: defensive CC work the same way):

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12111941
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:20 PM.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post

You can keep on applying logic to this. But it won't make it a well intended built in feature. If it's a feature of air mine, how is anyone supposed to counter it or plan for it?

I also don't understand, on one hand you acknowledge that this is an anomaly, on other hand, you try to paint it as if it's a built in feature. Yes, there will always be some anomalies, but it doesn't mean we should happily accept an anomaly. If we do so, there will never be an improvement. Since there will always be some anomalies, SC's attempts to improve the AI are time waste? SC should stop trying to improve such stuff?
    I think you're putting way to much stock into the "counter" argument. It's like arguing about counters to spring traps. Losing healers is part of the game. If your losing your warden, that's on bad planning and execution.

Forum Veteran
    But it's not random at all. The troop it was originally targeting died.
    Did u watched my video? The dragon triggered the trap and was still alive, but that mine still went on to catch the bats😅.