Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Air bombs flying across the map

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    It's not well designed but it's intentional. So, it's intentionally designed to do bad? I'm having a hard time believing that it is intentional when nobody is able to explain the purpose of this feature.

But let's agree that it is intentional. It's pretty clear that this feature is not adding anything positive to the game. It's dependent upon 'luck' rather than skill. I don't think SC wants the game to be based on 'luck' rather than strategy.

That's what we are trying to do.
    Agree! With that

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    i am not sure there is anyone here that and it doesn't matter if he/she for or against the way it is implemented that can explain in details the mechanics of this trap. Some say it should retarget but have no explanation why sometimes it does not do that, others say it should not retarget but then again, sometimes it does.
    A few pages back I explained the mechanic of the air traps in detail:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12203660

I do not have any insider information but I studied this at great length and have a background in coding. Pretty sure I understand the details of how they work. In case you were wondering the defensive CC troops work the same way. More on both air traps and CC triggering vs. targeting here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12111941
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 Ė Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

this is clearly a bug, very old one.

The basic rule of strategy game is that each object has its radius, this is true for towers, traps, units and heroes.
    Nothing should be able to hit anything outside its range.

Just imagine what would happen if springtrap would be triggered by archer that will be one shotted by a cannon and suddenly a different unit in unexpected location will be thrown away...

Perhaps in one of the QoL updates we will get to see those annoying bugs fixed.
    or. the SAM range is its trigger range. once triggered it goes to closest target

Quote Originally Posted by raja1 View Post
    Did u watched my video? The dragon triggered the trap and was still alive, but that mine still went on to catch the bats.
    bats were closer to air bomb then dragon

I see your logic, but the main question is not 'why or how does it happen?', but 'should it?'

You also mentioned in other post, the term 'luck'. Attack must be mostly dependent upon strategy than luck. Yes, Queen and other units do weird things sometimes, but SC is trying to improve the AI too. They tried improving the Queen AI in last update.

Imo, fix to this air mine glitch would be relatively easier than fix to AI. Hope they look into it.
    it can't be fixed because its not a glitch lol

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #66
    It's not well designed but it's intentional. So, it's intentionally designed to do bad? I'm having a hard time believing that it is intentional when nobody is able to explain the purpose of this feature.

But let's agree that it is intentional. It's pretty clear that this feature is not adding anything positive to the game. It's dependent upon 'luck' rather than skill. I don't think SC wants the game to be based on 'luck' rather than strategy.

Even though the coding is indeed intentional as it is, itís not ďintentional to be badĒ. Thereís a difference there even though there is merit in the argument that in fact it may need changing. Either way a change doesnít necessarily mean that itís the SAME that needs changing, maybe itís the warden itself that needs changing a tad so it isnít now insta killed by a SAM.

Anyways we do need to consider the right order of events here with the gameís history and development to find some sort of explanation as tho why it is as it is.

Way back in the day SAMs cost precious DE (much more precious then nowadays) to rearm and such and for such an expensive trap for it to be triggered it better do some damage. Therefore it was very logical that it created a bang for the buck and thus it needed to be coded as it still is today.
    So no itís not coded to be bad it made all the sense it did... back then.

Fast forward some time and now we have a GW which could get killed fast by a traveling SAM that was coded in a different era.
    And thatís really where the problem started because before the GW it hardly mattered if the SAM killed the loon which triggered it or a different loon or that it damaged a different dragon.

Personally I do see that the GW taking so much damage from a SAM is a tad excessive, but whether or not the whole trap needs to be changed for the instances where it hits the GW well thatís a whole different debate. There is something to be said to have the SAM travel, itís still not a cheap trap and deserves to have some impact instead of not dealing any damage at all.

Nevertheless it is certainly an intended and coded AI as Ajax also explained.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Seems this thread is going nowhere.
    The group that will defend bad AI and what seems to be bugs will continue to do it while the group that wants it improved/fixed will hold their opinions as well.

This leave us forumers only 1 option: continue to live with it until SC will either officially say its a bug or intentional feature with random effect (as you have no idea what it will target after initial unit died)
    you can know what it will target. closest troop to it

all traps by your logic.make the game dependent on luck rather then skill. so the existence of traps is a bug and should be fixed because it makes the game dependent on luck rather then skill

I personally think this feature/bug should be removed. This sort of thing is all but impossible for the attacker or defender to control, which doesn't fit with a strategy game. Strategy games should not have unpredictable features like this.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I personally think this feature/bug should be removed. This sort of thing is all but impossible for the attacker or defender to control, which doesn't fit with a strategy game. Strategy games should not have unpredictable features like this.
    Following that logic thereís shouldnít be any traps or a defensive CC with unknown troops for that matter.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG