Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Air bombs flying across the map

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Following that logic there’s shouldn’t be any traps or a defensive CC with unknown troops for that matter.
    This is different. The defender controls Trap locations and cc compositions. It's the defenders job to decide how the attacker is likely to approach and position traps and choose cc accordingly. On the other hand, a stray SAM happens randomly and potentially prevents the defender from being punished for poor SAM placement.

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    82
    It's not only GW... Yesterday one of my e dragon lured the SAM and suddenly he got killed but that SAM killed my another e drgaon... It totally got escaped from all lightening of previously killed e dragon.... Do u still think this is right way?
    At least skeleton traps get killed with lightening so why flying SAM and air bombs not?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by esrgaur View Post
    It's not only GW... Yesterday one of my e dragon lured the SAM and suddenly he got killed but that SAM killed my another e drgaon... It totally got escaped from all lightening of previously killed e dragon.... Do u still think this is right way?
    At least skeleton traps get killed with lightening so why flying SAM and air bombs not?
    I can tell you that the edrag that triggered the SAM died before the SAM targeting anything. Therefore when it did target the other edrag was the closest target. More here:

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12203660

    I agree that this should be changed but it works as intended. So to answer your question, no, I don't think it is the right way.

    But for some reason SC is silent on this issue. I have no idea why, wish they would speak up to either explain why or to admit it is not ideal and change it.

    As far as the SAM escaping the lighting, yes, none of the traps themselves take any damage or are stoppable in any way. Once they are triggered they will go off. The skelly trap releases the skellies, that is entire operation of the trap, once they are released the trap has finished. However, the skellies themselves, once they have escaped the trap, must take damage, can you imagine how OP they would be if they didn't?
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

  4. #84
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    I can tell you that the edrag that triggered the SAM died before the SAM targeting anything. Therefore when it did target the other edrag was the closest target. More here:

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12203660

    I agree that this should be changed but it works as intended. So to answer your question, no, I don't think it is the right way.

    But for some reason SC is silent on this issue. I have no idea why, wish they would speak up to either explain why or to admit it is not ideal and change it.

    As far as the SAM escaping the lighting, yes, none of the traps themselves take any damage or are stoppable in any way. Once they are triggered they will go off. The skelly trap releases the skellies, that is entire operation of the trap, once they are released the trap has finished. However, the skellies themselves, once they have escaped the trap, must take damage, can you imagine how OP they would be if they didn't?
    Agree... Still waiting for valuable comments from Darian

  5. #85
    Forum All-Star Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,374
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    I can tell you that the edrag that triggered the SAM died before the SAM targeting anything. Therefore when it did target the other edrag was the closest target. More here:

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12203660

    I agree that this should be changed but it works as intended. So to answer your question, no, I don't think it is the right way.

    But for some reason SC is silent on this issue. I have no idea why, wish they would speak up to either explain why or to admit it is not ideal and change it.

    As far as the SAM escaping the lighting, yes, none of the traps themselves take any damage or are stoppable in any way. Once they are triggered they will go off. The skelly trap releases the skellies, that is entire operation of the trap, once they are released the trap has finished. However, the skellies themselves, once they have escaped the trap, must take damage, can you imagine how OP they would be if they didn't?
    So what is right? To draw parallels from real SAMs, say you launch two. First kills the target. Second searches for a new within its range. Or smart torpedoes. They circle scanning for targets if they lose target lock. So, limit the range for target acquisition? Time before destruct? I can see the complaint about crossing the entire map. But drag a dies and drag b is near, that's reasonable.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6. #86
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,854
    Agree, they’ve been flying across the map and taking out dragons since I was a th7. Odd, but never bothered me. On the other hand, air bombs triggered by loonz that immediately targets bats, peeves me.

    TH12...level 237...60/60/30...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 31 mil...atb 6032

  7. #87
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So what is right? To draw parallels from real SAMs, say you launch two. First kills the target. Second searches for a new within its range. Or smart torpedoes. They circle scanning for targets if they lose target lock. So, limit the range for target acquisition? Time before destruct? I can see the complaint about crossing the entire map. But drag a dies and drag b is near, that's reasonable.
    IMO, SAMs should explode where they are if their initial single target got destroyed before they reach it. Remove the re-targeting function. However, if 2 or more air troops were within SAM's triggering radius, the next air troop should take full damage from the SAM.


  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #88
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Agree, they’ve been flying across the map and taking out dragons since I was a th7. Odd, but never bothered me. On the other hand, air bombs triggered by loonz that immediately targets bats, peeves me.
    I think what is causing people to be upset now, rather than years ago, is the warden, and the fact they one-shot him. It makes it far to easy to lose the warden with nothing you can do to protect him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think what is causing people to be upset now, rather than years ago, is the warden, and the fact they one-shot him. It makes it far to easy to lose the warden with nothing you can do to protect him.
    Agree ajax... The most painful area of this effect is loosing a GW

    Let's see how supercell can improve it

    But this is surprise that so far no comments from darian side.. Might be he is ignoring or not interested to be part of this heated discussion

  10. #90
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    124
    I believe most (pro) players are rather worried about their healers in a queencharge. Losing a healer happens far more often than losing the warden to a retargeting SAM, as the warden usually stays behind a big group of troops.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •