Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Air bombs flying across the map

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    the video u posted shows u deploying loons to set traps.. unfortunately your second loon set off two bombs and one destroyed the loon and the other had already targeted the healers.. not a system issue.. bad luck attacking is all that is
    If both sams were triggered at the same time, both would go to the loon and the second one would explode in the air. Thats why you don't put 2 sams at the same place.

In this case the defender was just lucky and the timing was exactly right, so that the balloon dies at the moment when the other sam gets triggered.

In general, do you think someone who uses coconut loons to protect other air troops should be punished for that?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    this is clearly a bug, very old one.

The basic rule of strategy game is that each object has its radius, this is true for towers, traps, units and heroes.
    Nothing should be able to hit anything outside its range.

Just imagine what would happen if springtrap would be triggered by archer that will be one shotted by a cannon and suddenly a different unit in unexpected location will be thrown away...

Perhaps in one of the QoL updates we will get to see those annoying bugs fixed.
    spring traps are a static trap.. air bombs are mobile..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    If both sams were triggered at the same time, both would go to the loon and the second one would explode in the air. Thats why you don't put 2 sams at the same place.

In this case the defender was just lucky and the timing was exactly right, so that the balloon dies at the moment when the other sam gets triggered.

In general, do you think someone who uses coconut loons to protect other air troops should be punished for that?
    Punished? as you said.. the loon set off the trap as it died so it WILL go to the next air based troop... thats the way it is.

its unfortunate i agree.. but personally speaking its not worth getting stressed about.

its always easy to use the game and its AI to create reasons for any attack that dosent end in a 3 star.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; May 20th, 2019 at 01:47 PM.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Pro Member
    spring traps are a static trap.. air bombs are mobile..
    it doesn't matter, they have "trigger radius" and "effect radius". they are exactly the same in terms of basic logic
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    it doesn't matter, they have "trigger radius" and "effect radius". they are exactly the same in terms of basic logic
    Once the air bomb is set off it becomes a mobile def that will target air troops and once it has found a target it will die.. thats the basis of its logic. Somewhat different to the basis of logic of a spring trap that ejects a certain troop housing space into the air.

you are correct about the trigger radius. as the name suggests, that is the area of which it becomes live .. its not called the detonation radius!

Its called a Seeking Air Mine for a reason.... It seeks a target and by default that implies it goes looking for a target.. hence mobile..
    Last edited by Call me H; May 20th, 2019 at 08:52 AM.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Pro Member
    Once the air bomb is set off it becomes a mobile def that will target air troops and once it has found a target it will die.. thats the basis of its logic. Somewhat different to the basis of logic of a spring trap that ejects a certain troop housing space into the air.

you are correct about the trigger radius. as the name suggests, that is the area of which it becomes live .. its not called the detonation radius!

Its called a Seeking Air Mine for a reason.... It seeks a target and by default that implies it goes looking for a target.. hence mobile..
    its true that it becomes a mobile trap, but its not looking for targets, it is going for the target that activated it even if it moved to new location. if a group of loons crossing its radius it s going only after the loon that activated it, not the closest loon or any other criteria.
    if the target that activated it is gone it just explodes (but in rare cases it has that glitch and it finds a different target)

you can say it should do just that, but then again why wont it float around like air skeletons when there is no air units and wait for one to be dropped? the answer is because it should not act this way in the first place.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Forum Veteran
    Lol this happened with me too. Some dragon triggered the bomb, but it targeted bats even though dragon was alive. The bats are much fast and they cleaned a lot of other defences, got split in group of 2 and finally after about 15-20 seconds the trap got the larger group of them about half the base length farther than where they got triggered originally.
    Last edited by raja1; May 20th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.

I dont know why there are so many people defending supercell on wrong things... And they are making supercell's job easy to not to react on this
    Guys... If anything is wrong please accept... I totally agree that this feature is not helping in making strategies towards max bases... If any loon took out the SAM and loon got destroyed... The SAM must also get destroyed.... That is how real war work... We all know it is from long time but it must be fixed... See the air bomb of builder base... It works in right way

I see your logic, but the main question is not 'why or how does it happen?', but 'should it?'
    Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    This "feature" has been in the game for as long as I can remember. How are we supposed to plan for this? There's no counter.
    You also mentioned in other post, the term 'luck'. Attack must be mostly dependent upon strategy than luck. Yes, Queen and other units do weird things sometimes, but SC is trying to improve the AI too. They tried improving the Queen AI in last update.

Imo, fix to this air mine glitch would be relatively easier than fix to AI. Hope they look into it.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; May 20th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Red air bombs retargeting from a loon/drag to your bat swarm is very very annoying. It happened to me and I still managed to win but this is a serious problem threathening air strats. If the bomb retarget to your warden it can also have critical consequences on your army.

Itís not a game mechanic as some people pretend. Its just a dangerous unpredictable bug for air armies that need to be corrected.

Millennial Club
    Thereís really no excuse for this occurring because even if there was a valid reason for air mines to travel (thereís not), thereís no valid reason why the warden should be wiped out by one seeking mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Onay View Post
    Red air bombs retargeting from a loon/drag to your bat swarm is very very annoying. It happened to me and I still managed to win but this is a serious problem threathening air strats. If the bomb retarget to your warden it can also have critical consequences on your army.

Itís not a game mechanic as some people pretend. Its just a dangerous unpredictable bug for air armies that need to be corrected.
    Yep, never fun when bad mechanics or AI ruins your raid which wouldíve otherwise three starred.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; May 20th, 2019 at 01:46 PM.