Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Air bombs flying across the map

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So what is right? To draw parallels from real SAMs, say you launch two. First kills the target. Second searches for a new within its range. Or smart torpedoes. They circle scanning for targets if they lose target lock. So, limit the range for target acquisition? Time before destruct? I can see the complaint about crossing the entire map. But drag a dies and drag b is near, that's reasonable.
    What is right to me? Well I explained that in my earlier post that I linked to there. I will sum up here, I would like to see the trigger and the target be one operation. Whatever triggers the trapped gets targeted by the trap, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    IMO, SAMs should explode where they are if their initial single target got destroyed before they reach it. Remove the re-targeting function. However, if 2 or more air troops were within SAM's triggering radius, the next air troop should take full damage from the SAM.
    Air traps never re-target. They sometimes appear too because targeting and triggering are different things. Here is one of my post that explains it better:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12203660

Your idea to re-target within it's range, if original target dies, is interesting. I hope they don't do that because it would make the traps way more powerful, but it would be interesting.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:14 PM.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think what is causing people to be upset now, rather than years ago, is the warden, and the fact they one-shot him. It makes it far to easy to lose the warden with nothing you can do to protect him.
    Yeah, think the real problem is a single trap killing a hero. If hes to be so similar to a healer, always following and frail...then he should always follow, else give him more hp. He wanders off on his own too often.

TH12...level 237...60/60/30...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 31 mil...atb 6032

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    Air traps never re-target. They sometimes appear too because targeting and triggering are different things. Here is one of my post that explains it better:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12203660

Your idea to re-target within it's range, if original target dies, is interesting. I hope they don't do that because it would make the traps way more powerful, but it would be interesting.
    I read your earlier post, but let's not over complicate things. Triggering is instantly followed by targeting. The air troop that triggers the air trap instantly becomes its target. Re-targeting takes place when the initial target gets destroyed before the trap reaches it. That is the whole debate for this thread that it should not re-target after initial target has been destroyed.

I read your earlier post, but let's not over complicate things. Triggering is instantly followed by targeting. The air troop that triggers the air trap instantly becomes its target. Re-targeting takes place when the initial target gets destroyed before the trap reaches it. That is the whole debate for this thread that it should not re-target after initial target has been destroyed.
    There is nothing complicated about how the air traps work. From your statement though you are missing the true mechanics of the air traps. The triggering and the targeting does NOT happen instantly. That is my entire point. If it was instant, this thread (and all the others like it) would not exist. I say again, re-targeting never, ever, happens. It is the short delay between triggering and targeting that gives that allusion in some cases.

Every time a targeted troop dies the mine/bomb flies to where the target died and goes off. If the troop that triggered the trap dies before the trap picks a target, the trap naturally does not see that troop for targeting, it picks your warden, or the next closest air troop without any distance restriction.

This detail may seem nuanced but it is everything when asking for a fix.

I would like to see the triggering troop always be the targeted troop. Period.

If we can get there then the only remaining question is if a SAM should be able to 1-shot a hero if that hero triggers the trap. For me that answer is a no, that is too OP for a single trap, but I could live with it if it only happened when the hero triggered the trap.
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:36 PM.

Pro Member
    Very informative to see the difference between targeting and triggering.

I think most of us would be happy if the troop that triggered the trap would always 100% be targeted. Having an SAM target your air warden after being triggered by a loon is not ok in high level play.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    There is nothing complicated about how the air traps work. From your statement though you are missing the true mechanics of the air traps. The triggering and the targeting does NOT happen instantly. That is my entire point. If it was instant, this thread (and all the others like it) would not exist. I say again, re-targeting never, ever, happens. It is the short delay between triggering and targeting that gives that allusion in some cases.

Every time a targeted troop dies the mine/bomb flies to where the target died and goes off. If the troop that triggered the trap dies before the trap picks a target, the trap naturally does not see that troop for targeting, it picks your warden, or the next closest air troop without any distance restriction.

This detail may seem nuanced but it is everything when asking for a fix.

I would like to see the triggering troop always be the targeted troop. Period.

If we can get there then the only remaining question is if a SAM should be able to 1-shot a hero if that hero triggers the trap. For me that answer is a no, that is to OP for a single trap, but I could live with it if it only happened when the hero triggered the trap.
    So you are saying that there is a delay between trigger and targeting? Someone from SC needs to confirm this. If this is true, then it needs to be instant targeting.

But the more I think about it, then the term "seeking air mine" holds true in this case. It was still seeking its target...
    Last edited by Yachi; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:45 PM.

So you are saying that there is a delay between trigger and targeting? Someone from SC needs to confirm this. If this is true, then it needs to be instant targeting.

But the more I think about it, then the term "seeking air mine" holds true in this case. It was still seeking its target...
    Yes, and I actually think we can see the delay. When an air trap is triggered, we can see the trap doors open. Then, after the doors are all the way open, the bomb/mine emerges. From my observations it is at the end of the doors opening that the targeting happens.

So, to put it another way, after the doors of the trap open all the way the trap then looks for the closest air troop to target. Everything that has died before that moment cannot be targeted, including whatever triggered it. In the case of the OP that target was farther away than the trigger radius would imply is possible.

OP, even though it was not a re-target that got your warden I totally agree that this behavior should be changed.
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:31 AM.

It has been passed more than 4 days since thread is created.... Lots of discussion going on... But still no comments from Darian side... Is he not checking all threads?

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by esrgaur View Post
    It has been passed more than 4 days since thread is created.... Lots of discussion going on... But still no comments from Darian side... Is he not checking all threads?
    As much as Id love him to check every single thread here and give his insight on everything, I dont think its physically possible- hes got other duties and responsibilities you know.

Maybe hes checking with devs, or maybe this is something which is not a priority for them at the moment.

Do not let this thread go away... Let darian comment on it..