Thread: Boosting Defenses In Home Village

Boosting Defenses In Home Village

Hi,

I think it would be a good idea if possible to allow one to boost your defenses to make it more difficult for other players to attack and take ones resources. E.g by allowing defenses to do more damage to enemy troops and increase the hit points of the structure when being attacked for a certain amount of time. One can use potion for this or gems etc.

I am aware of the shield but this function will not allow your chances to win an attack. I think making attacks more difficult will make the game more interesting as it is quite easy to steal another players resources or even getting a star to win trophies. I believe the game should have some kind of balance to it, its easier to attack than defending your base.

Hope this idea would bring some light and hopefully become part of COC.

I did read all the posts for future ideas and ideas on hold but could not find anything related to mine. If I did miss it, I am sincerely sorry.

Best Regards
    Noodles

Please not with a potion, or gems.
    Else it would turn defence into Pay2Win. And generally it's okay to lose a fight. It all depends on how much loot you lost during that fight, or stars you gave away to your opponent during CW.
    If you would try to boost defence that high, that's likely to not even get a star, how do you think it should be possible to get 3 even? Back to the 2-star-boredom of the past? Hopefully not.

I can picture a potion that might let you use fully upgraded def for a while, but not over the max of your TH.

1. You are actually better off losing than winning multiple defenses resource wise. Say you win one or even two high 40 percent one stars losing resources on each one. The next chief comes along and steamrolls you base that has cc, traps, heroes, and maybe even heavy defenses depleted. You will lose at least twice as much as had you lost a low to mid percent 2 star defense.
    2. If you make it too hard to raid, you will suffer a resource crunch too. Living off your collectors would be a slow way to go.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles12 View Post
    .... I think making attacks more difficult will make the game more interesting as it is quite easy to steal another players resources or even getting a star to win trophies. I believe the game should have some kind of balance to it, its easier to attack than defending your base. .....
    The reason it is easy to attack to farm (gain resources via attacking) is not due to "weak defenses", rather it is due to the ability to gain loot, even with a loss. If the game made defenses so strong that it could prevent farming, then I predict it also would completely destroy the game. ...If I cannot even do a simple farming raid due to defenses, I would probably not be able do much when at war.

And no, the looting ability shoud not be changed, in my opinion. People raid you, big deal. In return you attack, and do the same. Dog bite dog, that dog bites next dog. and so on. I progressed to max as a F2P player with one simple philosophy: I will be raided, loot taken. Therefore I in return will steal far more than I lost each day.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C