Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIPS NEEDED TO FARM IN LEGENDS AND MAINTAIN THE CUPS (not trophy pushing)

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ON YOUTUBE: "Em Losan"

TIPS NEEDED TO FARM IN LEGENDS AND MAINTAIN THE CUPS (not trophy pushing)

Hello all,

(I hope this thread does not get deleted as it is not for ranting neither complaining, is simply a need of TIPS to sustain LEGENDS League while farming with loonions as a fresh th12)

So i have been in LEGENDS League for the past 2,3 weeks or so and to be honest although it has the already known issues, it is workable for me right now as it allows me to work, workout, cook etc. while waiting to find an opponent.

The main question is how can i maintain my current cups (-+100 cups) while farming for loot? 5200 is my range

I only find attacks that give me 4-10 cups for 3 stars but my army is purely for farming (30 loons and 55 minions). I just upgraded to th12 so soon i will be able to use a bit more balloons

I am using loonions as i've been using this strategy since th8 and i am very comfortable with it.

The problem is that i can only attack 4-5 times per day before my shield and personal break runs out... the moment this happens i get hammered for 3 stars for more than -20 cups almost everytime. I am not going for the cups but i want to maintain my cups as it really suits my playstyle right now with the current time i have.

In conclusion:

Was at 5200+ (now dropped close to 5100+)
    - I go for 1 star (most of the times as my army doesnt allow me for more)
    -Army: loonions (rage/freeze) 30-34 loons 55 minions
    -Only get to attacks 4,5 times per day (due to time and due to not being able to find matched as frequent)
    - Defense losses: -20 or more cups

Serious question: How can someone maintain his cups in LEGENDS League with the above factors taken in consideration?

DEFENSES

ATTACKS

Last edited by aTh; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:22 AM.

IGN:AngelOfMusiclvl:218Trophies:5489
    L I S T E N T O M Y M U S I C
    MUSIC CHANNEL:Click Here
    FORUMS ACHIEVEMENT LEADERBOARD Click Here
    "Turn melodies into words, read my biography but also my thoughts"-aTh

I’d be interested in hearing this, too, because as a new-ish 12 myself, far as I can tell the only solution to staying that high in trophies, where you’re going against harder bases, is to farm with war armies.

I have clanmates who’ve gone to legends at max 11 or new-mid 12 with edragons and/or a valks/bowlers combo. After the end of the season, they dropped again to continue farming. They have stayed in Titans for long periods at times, but not usually in Legends. I’ve never even tried going that high.

The only thing I can suggest is to go a little bit out of your comfort zone and do something different, if you’re having trouble staying where you want to be by doing what you’re doing.

The army seems like the only thing that can change—while we wait to see what project blue skies does—to *possibly get you more cups (or keep what you have) if you don’t have the time to “next” a lot in the clouds and still attack enough times in between defenses to make up for the losses.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

Forum Legend
    Use the armies that get 100% against your base?
    Doing 4-5 attacks per day you may or may not maintain ~5200 trophy range. You need to get lucky with some legend whales and hit them for at least 2 stars and hope you get a few legends that hit you for 1 or 2 stars instead of titans that hit you for 3 stars.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Veteran
    At different times I have had sort of the opposite problem. I have spent several months in total farming in low legends, aiming for 4950 trophies or so, in order to minimize clouds and hit lower bases while still getting the legends league bonus. I typically farm in boost sessions and at the time I was doing it (which was prior to the gold pass being introduced, so clouds were not as bad) I was able to get 4-6 attacks per hour, which lined up nicely with my cc cycle time. But I found I would rise too high, to 5200+, and then clouds would get noticeably worse. I was doing an hourlong boost session maybe every other day, and doing ok maintaining my trophies.

I started a couple hyperrush accounts shortly before gold passes came out, and they have been taking my attention (for some reason they're just more fun to farm on), so my high 12s have dropped to t1 or t2 (probably doing 1-2 boost sessions per week), so I haven't experienced the low legends clouds in a bit. My understanding is that clouds are worse now.

Maybe being at 4950 instead of 5200 made it more likely that I'd be hit for fewer stars, either because it was someone higher than me who'd crush me for a low penalty or someone much lower than me who'd fail to get very many stars on my base.

I used heavy armies and didn't have a problem filling up my storages and keeping builders busy. Usually it was either pekka miner (2 pekka 2 wiz rest miners) or dragloon bb clone. Even with a 400k or 500k army, the league bonus was so high that my elixir was overflowing (once I maxed my warden).

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post

The only thing I can suggest is to go a little bit out of your comfort zone and do something different, if you’re having trouble staying where you want to be by doing what you’re doing.

The army seems like the only thing that can change—while we wait to see what project blue skies does—to *possibly get you more cups (or keep what you have) if you don’t have the time to “next” a lot in the clouds and still attack enough times in between defenses to make up for the losses.
    yes thought of swtitching to edrags and loons as by the time i wait for the next attack the next army should be already completed. The only limitation in this is that i dont think legends is the place to test a new strategy as it is imperative to win any base i come across with for both the cups and the bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    Use the armies that get 100% against your base?
    Doing 4-5 attacks per day you may or may not maintain ~5200 trophy range. You need to get lucky with some legend whales and hit them for at least 2 stars and hope you get a few legends that hit you for 1 or 2 stars instead of titans that hit you for 3 stars.
    the armies that hit me are completely different from what i have been using, plus mainly i see these attacks for trophy pushing where i am farming. maybe that's the way though to use trophy pushing armies

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    At different times I have had sort of the opposite problem. I have spent several months in total farming in low legends, aiming for 4950 trophies or so, in order to minimize clouds and hit lower bases while still getting the legends league bonus. I typically farm in boost sessions and at the time I was doing it (which was prior to the gold pass being introduced, so clouds were not as bad) I was able to get 4-6 attacks per hour, which lined up nicely with my cc cycle time. But I found I would rise too high, to 5200+, and then clouds would get noticeably worse. I was doing an hourlong boost session maybe every other day, and doing ok maintaining my trophies.

I started a couple hyperrush accounts shortly before gold passes came out, and they have been taking my attention (for some reason they're just more fun to farm on), so my high 12s have dropped to t1 or t2 (probably doing 1-2 boost sessions per week), so I haven't experienced the low legends clouds in a bit. My understanding is that clouds are worse now.

Maybe being at 4950 instead of 5200 made it more likely that I'd be hit for fewer stars, either because it was someone higher than me who'd crush me for a low penalty or someone much lower than me who'd fail to get very many stars on my base.

I used heavy armies and didn't have a problem filling up my storages and keeping builders busy. Usually it was either pekka miner (2 pekka 2 wiz rest miners) or dragloon bb clone. Even with a 400k or 500k army, the league bonus was so high that my elixir was overflowing (once I maxed my warden).
    this is interesting! i heard this in general chat as well. A player told me that based on his experience (he was almost maxed th12) the best way to gain fast loot is to start from t3 until all the way up to legends and then repeat the process. Haven't tried it but could give it a shot

As a th12 on my max I often have to lose on purpose if I want to say in low legends. I don't usually do that, but I have a few times such as to work on walls. I get bored quickly though. On my second account which isn't maxed I stay in low legends without nearly as much effort as my main. I attack when I can, usually getting an attack in during breakfast and a few when I get home in the evenings. My advice is to use an army that will more regularly get you 2 stars. It is ok to hit next now and then too, especially if you are on shield. When I’m not pushing trophies I don’t really do that, but if you are struggling to stay in low legends it would help. I hit next often when I’m pushing trophies. With that second account I've been using queen walk with dragoon lately, although I switched up and used 3 row attack for awhile when there was the giants task. I ignore the cup offers and just hit what is offered since I'm not trying to push.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:09 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    As a th12 on my max I often have to lose on purpose if I want to say in low legends. I don't usually do that, but I have a few times such as to work on walls. I get bored quickly though. On my second account which isn't maxed I stay in low legends without nearly as much effort as my main. I attack when I can, usually getting an attack in during breakfast and a few when I get home in the evenings. My advice is to use an army that will more regularly get you 2 stars. It is ok to hit next now and then too, especially if you are on shield. When I’m not pushing trophies I don’t really do that, but if you are struggling to stay in low legends it would help. I hit next often when I’m pushing trophies. With that second account I've been using queen walk with dragoon lately, although I switched up and used 3 row attack for awhile when there was the giants task. I ignore the cup offers and just hit what is offered since I'm not trying to push.
    exactly!! i switched to edragons/loons for the 2 stars and i just attack what's offered regardless of the cups/loot (the bonus win is good enough) i am currently at 5002 and will try to remain there as the clouds are not that bad

Millennial Club
    Why farm in legends? Going to be pretty difficult to sustain with only 4-5 attacks per day which are almost all one stars. You either need to build a better base, attack more, get more stars, or drop.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Why farm in legends? Going to be pretty difficult to sustain with only 4-5 attacks per day which are almost all one stars. You either need to build a better base, attack more, get more stars, or drop.
    i need to farm in legends as my time is pressured and in-between the attacks i will either work in the office or workout and cook after the office at my house.

Also i am trying edragon/loons and although i am getting way more 2 stars than before, i realised i have issues increasing my elixir

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Usually it is pretty easy to keep 5 builders busy farming in low legends. It has been more difficult lately as the season challenge has increased activity and clouds are as bad as I have every seen them for an extended period. That said, I'm still having no trouble keeping 5 builders going on my second account playing in low legends (and I'm using medals on builder boosts too).
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.