Results 1 to 8 of 8

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for Forums

  1. #1
    Senior Member AegarTargaryen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Above the world, dropping wizards everywhere.
    Posts
    428

    Idea for Forums

    [I know this is probably not where it should be, so if a moderator would move it to the right thread, that would be great]

    The problem: Every day, I see a few new threads about ideas that are ruled out. Generally, the posters are fresh spawn.

    My idea for a solution: When someone joins the forums, they shouldn’t be able to post threads until they have read the sticky about ruled out ideas, as well as ”signed” the post at the bottom, showing that they understand and have read the sticky.

    There may be other ways to fix this problem, but this is the idea that I have.

  2. #2
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by AegarTargaryen View Post
    [I know this is probably not where it should be, so if a moderator would move it to the right thread, that would be great]

    The problem: Every day, I see a few new threads about ideas that are ruled out. Generally, the posters are fresh spawn.

    My idea for a solution: When someone joins the forums, they shouldn’t be able to post threads until they have read the sticky about ruled out ideas, as well as ”signed” the post at the bottom, showing that they understand and have read the sticky.

    There may be other ways to fix this problem, but this is the idea that I have.
    Speaking from experience as forum-administrator for several years:
    That won't solve a single thing.

    Ppl scroll down, click accept to whatever you're telling them and post away.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; May 17th, 2019 at 05:33 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member AegarTargaryen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Above the world, dropping wizards everywhere.
    Posts
    428
    I understand that.

    Is there any way we can fix this problem though?

    Would it be possible for a thread to be sent to a moderator for review before it’s actually posted?

  4. #4
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by AegarTargaryen View Post
    I understand that.

    Is there any way we can fix this problem though?

    Would it be possible for a thread to be sent to a moderator for review before it’s actually posted?
    Should be possible, since it's a simple code. Sometimes even included in the forum-software.
    Just other problems will occur then.

    Moderator will have the duty to check the folder of the suggestion-messages and read every single one. Sure, most likely they already do, or browse at least new ones, but since topics about ruled out stuff can get reported (I sure do to make their job easier), they can watch out for alerts, instead of an entire folder to 'activate' posts.

    Likewise forumer might feel muffled, as a moderator will have to approve on their post first, before the entire community is allowed to see it.

    There always will be the ones posting something that's noted right in front of their eyes. They don't read, they don't care. They think their suggestion is pure gold and no one ever had the same idea before.
    Nothing can prevent that, aside from measures requiring more work from volunteers.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; May 17th, 2019 at 06:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Forum Champion Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by AegarTargaryen View Post
    I understand that.

    Is there any way we can fix this problem though?

    Would it be possible for a thread to be sent to a moderator for review before it’s actually posted?
    I feel like that's an unnecessary amount of work that the mods shouldn't have to be burdened with. I've suggested in the past that fresh spawn shouldn't be able to START new threads until they've had 10 posts (no longer a fresh spawn)
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I feel like that's an unnecessary amount of work that the mods shouldn't have to be burdened with. I've suggested in the past that fresh spawn shouldn't be able to START new threads until they've had 10 posts (no longer a fresh spawn)
    While that could be implemented, I don't think any of the moderators want it.

    That would discourage most new members, because most come here initially to post something specific - whether that be an idea, a complaint, or something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #7
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    While that could be implemented, I don't think any of the moderators want it.

    That would discourage most new members, because most come here initially to post something specific - whether that be an idea, a complaint, or something else.
    And it would promote just posting random stuff into already existing topics just to increase the counter.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    While that could be implemented, I don't think any of the moderators want it.

    That would discourage most new members, because most come here initially to post something specific - whether that be an idea, a complaint, or something else.
    I used to think it would be good if players had to have a certain number of posts before they could start a thread, but Ajax convinced me otherwise for this reason. I believe it was also pointed out that this would be especially bad for those who come here to start a thread in the bugs forum.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •