Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War Weight Changes

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The weights have not been changed in a long while.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I appreciate your dedication to the numbers game mate.
    I also know, and agree, that offensive weight isnt, nor ever was, included in gold weight, to my knowledge.

However, offence weight was already being used prior to the TH12 drop.. they had been tweaking the MMA for some considerable time.
    Something changed around the time of that 12 drop.. our spin results changed, and with nothing significant from our side.
    The offensive side of the opposition may have changed a little, as is normal with spin results, but nothing that we noticed. The usual check is always only for maxed troops and hero levels.

I wouldnt tell anyone with any certainty that there was a reduction in the weighting of the big boys, and certainly wouldnt try to tell you. Your knowledge far exceeds mine.

But I/we saw enough to decide that it was time to drop those ferno, and after we did, we still appeared to be getting the same draw as we were without them.
    So I am not looking for lengthy discussions on gold weight significance, about linear and non linear weighting, or about off/def proportionate differentials.
    I just know, from experience, that our spins changed, whereby the opposition no longer suffered from having those ferno, and we caught up by dropping them.

It could well be that our push on heroes eventually caught up with us (am just looking for another reason).
    But coincidental or not, I decided that following the gold path was no longer a viable measure for myself/us. I saw enough to raise doubt on that.

Of course, since we were no longer looking at the numbers game so closely anyway, it didnt really matter one way or the other.
    I do tend to sit up and take notice of your posts tho, so who knows what I will do when I hit restart mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    It's certainly possible! Gold storages def weights have remained constant.... but that Inferno nerf from December 2017!

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ic-Items-Ahoy!

Probably the most significant balancing change to a Defensive building in recent times, and one that certainly reduced it's overall value/effectiveness, and yet the Design team decided NOT to amend it's weight??

The silence at that time was deafening! Does this really make sense?

This, in essence, is what led to the theories about secondary server side defensive weights being the real goal of the flexibilities Darian alluded to in July 2017.

Many (not all) experienced players believe Offensive weight is all held server side, myself included, so why not true defensive weights?

Food for thought, and I certainly don't know for sure!
    as stated by Darian above, def weight has been static for very long, even with all ferno, xbow and point def nerf and buff. But invisible offense weight proportion into the MM, top TH matching, off def ratio and off def trade off, makes what you see now.

And I believe SC has at least 2 or more MM Algorithm they are using now and randomly changed war to war, that they call it flexibility of MM algorithm
    Last edited by samratulangi; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:48 PM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    as stated by Darian above, def weight has been static for very long, even with all ferno, xbow and point def nerf and buff. But invisible offense weight proportion into the MM, top TH matching, off def ratio and off def trade off, makes what you see now.

And I believe SC has at least 2 or more MM Algorithm they are using now and randomly changed war to war, that they call it flexibility of MM algorithm
    i can definitely buy this last part. lately it seems to be bouncing back and forth. we will get a win streak going then suddenly get several difficult matches in a row. last ninety days or so has been like this:

9-1 with 2 perfect
    then
    2-6 with 1 perfect mixed in
    then
    8-1 with 3 perfect
    then
    2 straight losses
    then
    5 straight wins, 2 perfect.

likely that will be six straight unless it current opponent does much better than their recent results.

instead of looking if you perfected them you need to look at your opp clan's normal percentage of damage and their overall w/l record (not w streak). i think you indicated you do that but those are better indicators of how sc's matchmaker may be pairing you if it isn't just blind luck of similar weights

i have seen both sides argued. i looked at our war log and there seems to be a pattern of quality of opponents in relation to overall w/l record when we face them. i personally lean towards a more layered algorithm than simple war weight matching but that is my opinion from observation and i know nothing as fact. i don't think there is more than one algorithm tho

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    instead of looking if you perfected them you need to look at your opp clan's normal percentage of damage and their overall w/l record (not w streak). i think you indicated you do that but those are better indicators of how sc's matchmaker may be pairing you if it isn't just blind luck of similar weights

i have seen both sides argued. i looked at our war log and there seems to be a pattern of quality of opponents in relation to overall w/l record when we face them. i personally lean towards a more layered algorithm than simple war weight matching but that is my opinion from observation and i know nothing as fact. i don't think there is more than one algorithm tho
    Why would overall war record be considered at all? Why should what happened 20 wars ago have any bearing on our current opponent?

We are 117-29-14

Our most recent opponent, a okay had an overall war record of 109-178, and yet we came in on a 6 game streak, they on a 7. We won 30-28, on 10v. We just now matched a level 8 clan with 79 wins and a 0 win streak. cocp.it doesn't have their losses, so I can't speak to that. And while they might have a good record, their recent matches on cocp.it only show them coming in around 90% destruction. They're gonna have to bring their A game to this war heh.

Honestly, I've found destruction % can be misleading. We've been beat by clans that scored their best recent destruction % against us while beating clans who did poorly against us compared to other wars.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes