Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to change the farming system?

Is it time to change the farming system?

I’m just about to reach 2billion gold & elixir raided and have played clash for nearly 4 years, but have still never once been up to champions league. I spend the majority of my time in crystal league farming dead bases, along with many other th11 & th12.

Im wondering if its time to rebalance the looting system? At the moment I can just spam miners and a couple heal spells and typically get 400k-600k gold & elixir + 2k DE using an army that cost 280k elixir.
    Would it not make sense to reduce the amount of loot available in an attack and increase the league bonus to incentivize people to try and trophy push? I just think it would be cool to trophy push and use proper armies without feeling like I’m missing out by doing so.
    Last edited by BDplayer67; May 16th, 2019 at 10:08 PM.

What town hall lvl are you? I’m a th10 champion, all thanks to the mighty bowlers-witches combo with giants. Can destroy people with that. Giants in a line, witches in a line behind them, then bowlers in a line at the very back. Bring heals and rages (and maybe jumps.) and drop them as needed.

It is a personal choice that i think should stay. Im farming in titans 2 as a th12. 9 and 10 i spent mostly in crystal. 11 crystal and masters. I enjoyed the more relaxed play in lower leagues. I also am enjoying the tougher play higher right now. Biggest difference is defenses. I would get tons of trophy drop defenses lower. Not now. Doesn't matter. I'm still raking in the loot. You can't force people to want to go higher. Some people just like farming and not hitting war style bases with war armies, machines and full cc every attack.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by BDplayer67 View Post
    .... I just think it would be cool to trophy push and use proper armies without feeling like I’m missing out by doing so.
    Feel that you would be "missing out" on what? Nothing prevents you from pushing today, the game does not have to change for that. You can even use any army you wish, be it "proper armies" (whatever that is), or not. Since you never have been to, nor above, Champions, please do not assume there is no loot there, or that any change is needed to entice people. I have "farmed" every league. They all have more than enough loot to give.

I’m just about to reach 2billion gold & elixir raided and have played clash for nearly 4 years, but have still never once been up to champions league. I spend the majority of my time in crystal league farming dead bases, along with many other th11 & th12.

Im wondering if its time to rebalance the looting system? At the moment I can just spam miners and a couple heal spells and typically get 400k-600k gold & elixir + 2k DE using an army that cost 280k elixir.
    Would it not make sense to reduce the amount of loot available in an attack and increase the league bonus to incentivize people to try and trophy push? I just think it would be cool to trophy push and use proper armies without feeling like I’m missing out by doing so.
    Couldn't disagree more. If supercell ever penalizes players for playing in a league that they're comfortable in just for the sake of trying to force me to push trophies then I'll officially uninstall the game. The beauty of this game is that everyone has the option to play how they want to play. If people like to spam troops for quick and easy loot then let them. If people like to push trophies then let them. The point is that not everyone likes a certain playstyle. Pushing a playstyle on everybody would alienate a huge proportion of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; May 16th, 2019 at 11:07 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

The sweet spots for me have been crystal (more apt to find dead whales) and low Titans (bonus starts to be pretty meaningful). Been doing the low Titans approach for quite a while now so I evidently prefer it. My experience in moving from crystal to Titan is very similar to your rebalance scenario described above... 4-600K bases are very common but dead bases are rare... so you have to hit with a heavier army (which is more fun anyway).

I did also spend a few weeks in legend but when a new season started the cloud time became completely unacceptable so I scooted back down to T3. The bases I farmed had similar offerings and were of similar difficulty to Titans (I thought), so for me bonus (and curiosity over those legend trophies) were the only motivation to push. May want to try it... at least to Titans... it sort of is the scenario you are looking for.

I just think it would be cool to trophy push and use proper armies without feeling like I’m missing out by doing so.
    So go for it. You can keep 5 builders busy trophy pushing too. Back before I was max I often used to trophy push up and then goblin farm down. It gets boring doing the same thing every day for a year or more.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

There is no such need to revise any loot/farming system.
    As rowman adequately said, there is farming in every league, even up to midrange legends.

In a recent discussion, I was reminded of my unbreakable run, in late dec’17 to early jan’18: during that time, an update was released featuring clan games, b also 1 camp level and 5 royals’ levels each (amongst other things). Being below bronze most times, or 300 cups, I upgraded these as fast as my friends in titan or low legend.

The latest update dropped while I was back to my Titan league, same spot as since early 2016 when I was near max th10: I have maxed all the time while being in mid/high titan. My friends in crystal or low legend have done same in similar timing. We just do not use the same strategy to farm.

Friends evolving around th8, 9 and 10, in low or high league tend to progress as fast, using different paths of course, all following their game preference. But, there is no link between progression/farming and league. There’s only a link between progression/farming and number of attacks(assuming these bring profit).

Ps: one could farm low legends without cc/heroes, laloonion for decent profit. Example exist of a player reaching legend using only goblins.I’ve been barched, yes barb+archers, and heroes, in titan-1 (was maxed 11 and lost the def).

I think the farming system as a whole is fine the way it is. Sure you can stay in Crystal and farm dead bases with something like gobknife or such and make loot really fast. Does it get boring? yup, it sure does, but that’s where you have to ask yourself, “why am I doing this?” is it for grinding out your TH level as quickly as possible? or is it for some other reason? Because if you’re just grinding it out quickly then Crystal dead bases and gobknife is the way to go, quick easy loot, but if you want to practice hitting tougher bases then climb the ladder for the bigger bonuses.
    It’s a personal choice in my opinion.
    ~NgHtRwLR~
    TH12 AQ 65 BK 65 GW 40
    level 218 1756 war stars 5757 cups PB
    semi-finalist in 1v1 forum cup TH10 div
    member of the 2018 no dip Championship clan

Two adage for this one...

1) Play as you like.

2) If it ain’t broke, do not fix it.

Farming is good the way it is and everyone has the option to push or farm wherever/however they like. There’s no need to shape player behavior, especially when so many resources are needed to succeed in the game anyway.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.