Thread: Has there been a recent change to match-making?

Has there been a recent change to match-making?

I am spinning (virtually) the same lineup as I have in the recent past, that resulted in quick war matchups. However, for the last 2 days we keep coming up empty. Did something change???

No changes that we the community are aware of. That said, matching algorithim could change at any time without us knowing it was changed by them.

It may just be "bad luck; bad timing" on your part. Having quick matches in the past does not mean that all matches using that lineup will always yield fast matches.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    It may just be "bad luck; bad timing" on your part. Having quick matches in the past does not mean that all matches using that lineup will always yield fast matches.
    This is kind of what I figured too. I remember hearing someone say on here that "riding it out" on a search is better than stopping and restarting. I do wonder though if anyone ever gets a matchup after...say...4 hours or longer.

Forum Elder
    There are many postings where people have said their match took several hours before they got a hit.
    War size, and roster variance can lead to the MMA looking for something quite specific.
    If it has matched ok as the norm, maybe its best to just let it run. Only stop it if the start time is unsuitable, or you wish to change the breakdown.
    Good luck.

EDIT.. Having now looked at the wars. I feel that it would be safe to assume that there should be similar looking rosters out there.
    But, you could always step some of those 8s up to 9.
    Bearing in mind, the MMA doesnt match by hall colour, the spin wouldnt be affected with the initial jump, as the hall itself carries no weight.
    By keeping the upgrade paths balanced, you would see a steady increase in oppo size/weight as those accounts grow.
    Or, you could go slightly more on the offence, meaning your firepower is above your defence, but the spin effects could be more erratic, since we dont know how the MMA is functioning (it could indeed be preferable to balanced so far as performance/spin result goes, but harder to match).

Looking at your wars, it appears you are proficient attackers, so the next step could be beneficial in more ways than simply to find a deeper matching pool.
    You have the ability to make build choices as you see fit, and still be confident of being comfortably competitive.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:00 AM.

Looking at your recent Wars :-

https://cocp.it/clan/Q9YVCQLC

You've been running an anchor TH10, a decent TH9 then a load of TH8s (and below sometimes)
    Recently you've been adding an engineered TH10 into the roster (Repentance) which sits below your TH9.

It's difficult to be objective on this kind of roster. Is it the kind of roster that's fairly common amongst the potential pool of matching clans?
    Possibly to be honest, but that slightly weird TH10 may be causing you a few issues in your search!

Good luck!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Looking at your recent Wars :-

https://cocp.it/clan/Q9YVCQLC

You've been running an anchor TH10, a decent TH9 then a load of TH8s (and below sometimes)
    Recently you've been adding an engineered TH10 into the roster (Repentance) which sits below your TH9.

It's difficult to be objective on this kind of roster. Is it the kind of roster that's fairly common amongst the potential pool of matching clans?
    Possibly to be honest, but that slightly weird TH10 may be causing you a few issues in your search!

Good luck!
    With this lineup, you can have trouble.

I run a lineup that the forum greybeards tell me should never get a match. I include engineers, potioneers, x.5s and wide TH spreads. But I get matched in under an hour.

As long as you have enough weight at the top of the order the matching is very forgiving of anomalies lower down. If your anchors run 40 to 50% you should have no trouble getting matches. In your case your TH10 is your anchor, maybe count your nine and that gets you to 20%. Add some heavier THs through recruiting or base development and your troubles should be resolved.

One thing. You mentioned running the same lineup, but do any of us really run the same? Don't we all upgrade a few buildings between wars, some bases faster than others. Is there any chance that parts of your order are carrying weight below TH level? That is fine in the bottom half, but your anchors should play as maxers.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    With this lineup, you can have trouble.

I run a lineup that the forum greybeards tell me should never get a match. I include engineers, potioneers, x.5s and wide TH spreads. But I get matched in under an hour.

As long as you have enough weight at the top of the order the matching is very forgiving of anomalies lower down. If your anchors run 40 to 50% you should have no trouble getting matches. In your case your TH10 is your anchor, maybe count your nine and that gets you to 20%. Add some heavier THs through recruiting or base development and your troubles should be resolved.

One thing. You mentioned running the same lineup, but do any of us really run the same? Don't we all upgrade a few buildings between wars, some bases faster than others. Is there any chance that parts of your order are carrying weight below TH level? That is fine in the bottom half, but your anchors should play as maxers.
    If you run a roster that isn't all that uncommon, it is easy to match. Many rosters include engineers. Many rosters have a pretty wide hall spread. My clan has little trouble matching th12-8. We don't have trouble when we use engineers. The kind of engineers and how they compare to the rest of the roster is more important than just whether a roster has engineers. We do have trouble if we have big gaps (trouble meaning just a bit longer of a search). I know you know all of this, I'm just a greybeard (literally and figuratively) agreeing with you.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.