Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why penalize a player that chooses a way of playing?

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo1234 View Post
    I agree its hard for perfection. And I agree to some extent that dynamic of imperfection adding a new element to the wars. But I think the injustice of an totally unfair war should trump those points. At no point should any clan ever feel they physically CANNOT win the war. It adds resentment. Maybe those clans that are hyper-engineering should be the ones who cant find wars and let them stand there for 16 hours trying to find a war. Cant have it both ways.
    This already happens in current MM, there was a guy on this forum that had many hyper-engineered bases and he found himself in a position where he could never find a war. He spun war every day with the same line-up for months but never found a war, eventually he gave up and quit, leaving a hole in our hearts and an empty spot on the forums.

I just found this series by Klaus Gaming called "Fix that engineer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSw...PR-BkZhwyjIKrQ

It's too bad Klaus didn't have the series back then but it reminds me that I did "Fix that engineer" last year and it only took me 6 months lol

I dont want to tell people how to upgrade, but there needs to be a standard. Something like: once you got max camps and some pertinent max troops, you'll be weighted accordingly. It wont be an advantage to not drop infernos by that time.
    Luckily, most of this is in the past. But unfortunately, there still are th11s out there without infernos that beat the cutoff of having to drop those defenses before upgrading. And they're out there terrorizing clans with th10s at the top of their lineup. Maybe Supercell should put the nail in the coffin by making those th11s ineligible for war until at least infernos are dropped. Then we can watch all the engineers come complain on here 
    I am not sure it would be wise to force players into a cookie cutter mould, adapt or quit is the worst option.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:07 PM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

I agree its hard for perfection. And I agree to some extent that dynamic of imperfection adding a new element to the wars. But I think the injustice of an totally unfair war should trump those points. At no point should any clan ever feel they physically CANNOT win the war. It adds resentment. Maybe those clans that are hyper-engineering should be the ones who cant find wars and let them stand there for 16 hours trying to find a war. Cant have it both ways.
    I dont want to tell people how to upgrade, but there needs to be a standard. Something like: once you got max camps and some pertinent max troops, you'll be weighted accordingly. It wont be an advantage to not drop infernos by that time.
    Luckily, most of this is in the past. But unfortunately, there still are th11s out there without infernos that beat the cutoff of having to drop those defenses before upgrading. And they're out there terrorizing clans with th10s at the top of their lineup. Maybe Supercell should put the nail in the coffin by making those th11s ineligible for war until at least infernos are dropped. Then we can watch all the engineers come complain on here 
    What if the reason the clan feels they cannot win the war is because they rushed ahead dropping all their big defense and didn't upgrade any war troops and their heroes are very low level? Is it unfair if they get an uneven match?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What if the reason the clan feels they cannot win the war is because they rushed ahead dropping all their big defense and didn't upgrade any war troops and their heroes are very low level? Is it unfair if they get an uneven match?
    This boils down to intent. Most rushers have no clue what they are doing. Engineers, however, do it with the knowledge that it will gain some advantage in regular wars (thankfully, not too much these days). Can't compare these two very different groups in this manner.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    This boils down to intent. Most rushers have no clue what they are doing. Engineers, however, do it with the knowledge that it will gain some advantage in regular wars (thankfully, not too much these days). Can't compare these two very different groups in this manner.
    I dont think he is trying to compare engineers and rushers, but how about if the engineers can mimic the rusher's weighting in MM sight?
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Sounds like the original poster has a rushed base and is blaming Supercell for not matching them with lower town halls or other rushed bases? Clan wars are aimed to roughly match the clans... if the 12's and 11's are matching up closely there isn't really much difference between rushed and regular 10s / 9s etc; rushed bases often give an easy ⭐⭐⭐ for a chance at 2 x ⭐⭐⭐, so if your troops are done properly should be able to take out bases that aren't rushed. if the purpose of the rush was to get an advantage over other players then it seems like regular players should be the ones complaining... if you want a more even matchup then you could try joining a lower level clan where you are higher up the ranks.

I must admit, I was unaware of the 'self matching' clans that Major and Sam have posted about in this thread.
    It's certainly an interesting development.
    Has this been going on a long time, or was the retirement of the Martians a catalyst for the new breed of Glory Hunters?
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree it isn’t 100% if the self-match fails, but it is 100% when it doesn’t fail...
    again, this is no different than the current batch of "Good" Engineers or whatever you want to call sam, major, etc. It's 100% when it works and they get an uneven matchup. It's not when it doesn't. Then it comes down to attack skill. Same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    FWA and self-match clans are 2 different things.

FWA clans choose at random who will win and who will lose for the purpose of farming, they do not affect global ranking of of any other clans and will match regular clans quite often which results in an easy win for the enemy clan.

Self-match clans do affect rankings because if you were ranked #1000, and 100 clans above you were matching themselves for easy wins, you could be ranked #900.

If you don't want to match other clans, you only need 2 unusual rosters that would not match anything else like for example, no clans would run 30 TH3's vs 30 TH3's, or if you have something just as obscure. I build my bases in 2's, and have unusual bases, I could do it too and then I would be truly unstoppable, no need to worry about clans trying to hunt me, no need to worry I might match a good clan, and because I match in minutes, and you match in hours, I will always climb faster than you. Just think how much of a relief it could be for me to hit that spin and not have to wonder "will this be the war that will take me down?'

I could have done it ages ago and I could do it tomorrow if I wanted to. I love playing this game, building bases, fighting wars, seeing how far I can go. If I self-matched it would cheapen my personal achievements and make every victory feel hollow because I did not earn it and you can't take it from me.
    It's not random, Major. They choose based on who's lost more recently. They are Win Trading, there's no way to argue it. They are deciding ahead of time who will win or lose.

The rankings you're referring to, I am not aware of. Does Supercell issue these rankings or is it from a third party?

Anyone watching these clans can see what bases they have. If they build a clan with identical bases it's then a matter of figuring out when they roll and how many and which bases they use. Seems to me it would be easy enough to target them for a match.

Your final point is key. These guys are having zero effect on your personal achievements. Why do they bother you? Just because they show up on some list somewhere? How does that effect you personally in a negative way?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:20 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    I must admit, I was unaware of the 'self matching' clans that Major and Sam have posted about in this thread.
    It's certainly an interesting development.
    Has this been going on a long time, or was the retirement of the Martians a catalyst for the new breed of Glory Hunters?
    This is started when SC make the MM very strict at the end of Feb 2018, so they have difficulty getting match, then they started self match, and going on till now

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    That isn't what he said though, he said a player/clan should NEVER get a match that they cannot win. Also, there is no difference between "gaining an advantage" and "avoiding a disadvantage." If you rush your base ahead to th10 and drop your infernos with baby heroes and I take more of a maxer path, I gained an advantage over you or I avoided a disadvantage. It is the same thing.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:44 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Veteran
    At no point should any clan ever feel they physically CANNOT win the war.
    Close: we can't rely on their feelings because their feelings can be unrealistic and inaccurate. Sometimes people see one engineered base and throw up their hands in defeat, not even bothering to notice that it sucks. Instead, the goal for supercell to shoot for is for no war to be actually won or lost on prep day. Engineering should be able to give some small advantage, enough to make it worth doing for some people, but not an absolute war-winning advantage. I think supercell has achieved this, at least in wars with at least one TH12.

In general, and with some margin for error, nowadays extreme engineers tend to match each other (or don't match anybody), maxers match each other, and rushers match each other.

So, that having been accomplished, what's the point of objecting to engineering now?