Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why penalize a player that chooses a way of playing?

Why penalize a player that chooses a way of playing?

For clarity here, I'm talking of rushed, engineered, .5's, regular, & etc. Why shall any way we play the game without hacking cheating or modding, penalize a select group. I don't get it. Their is no rule of HOW, WHEN, OR etc of upgrading too next Town Hall, and so on so on so on. Nor should their ever be in any game besides the general, such as good behavior etc, should their ever be rules and DISADVANTAGES implemented for the style a player wants to do so. So what? ? Remove that from your matchmaking and such as I call THIS UNFAIR. You've accepted the players $$ all these years, then go and change the gameplay? Entirely? You talk about fair and such play, how bout being fair too anyone with like an engineered base. Do you go too another game for example and say Royale, ok. Well, it's like all of a sudden after many years and $$$$, you say no way. Their players with legends maxed at lvl 9, not having it and it's unfair when matched too a lvl 7 player with no legendary. Or whatever, not such an good example but I sure hope you get my point. Expecting all the years & $ the game is played one way then totally in so much of ways, make a BIG DISADVANTAGE too your base? Is that fair?? Sorry just had to get my 2 cents out their and rant. Sadly, I'm not even a engineered player or whatever. MAYBE a little rushed, but this is something else. Peace & Clash on!!

I read and attempted to digest your wall of text and have come away not having any real idea of what you are complaining about.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Forum Elder
    I suspect that for regular war, you are saying that an account owner/clan should get a suitable match to themselves, regardless of build type/upgrade path.
    You are assuming SC have built guidelines within the match maker, that makes the unusual account/war roster unable to participate in classic war, or perform at a significant disadvantage.

Actually, SC have nothing in place to prevent anyone from getting a match.
    The only thing they wont do, is create an unfair match.

But, preventing an uneven match aside, they have no control in whom matches, and with what.
    If a clan uses accounts that are uncommon, whether that be severely rushed, heavily engineered (exotic), or heavily lop sided...
    Then they put those accounts into an uncommon roster break down, whether it be missing halls creating gaps, unusual numbers of a particular, and lesser used hall, or extreme low loading, then it is beyond SC's control to find them a suitable match.
    That clan is preventing themselves from finding a match, due to nothing similar spinning for war at that time.

So, SC put the tools into place for people to enjoy the clan wars, but it is the players/clans that make any particular play type, roster break down, or war size either common or uncommon.
    SC dont, and wont, dictate to people how they choose to play/progress (unless they have to, aka the build all policy), so it is up to the individual to try, as much as possible, to stay within those more common boundaries.

Obviously, there are those that use more extreme build models, in pursuit of a particular goal, and some match without difficulties still.
    But, if all a clan wishes to do is find a match, its best to use balanced accounts within a balanced roster.

To reiterate, nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. But there are some clever guys here, that are more than happy to help folk whom are having problems, when it comes to match making.

Obviously, for cwl, there is no match making in the traditional sense (after a clans first season). You match purely by how you performed the previous season, and are randomly placed against 7 other clans within your tier.
    For success, and to climb the ladder, it will be a combination of size, skill, and organisation.
    Eventually, a clan will settle into winning around half of its wars, matterless of size.
    It is simplistic, so SC cant ever be accused of favouring any build type on that one.

You either rush your accounts, in order to increase your power faster, or you keep it balanced, so that regular spin isnt affected.

Edit.. For unclarity..
    I went thru your OP again, said NO WAY. is he kidding?. Is he saying they changed the game after all this time? and never told us?. Yikes, but I mean NO WAY?. they wouldnt do that would they?. they just wouldnt. I do hope creating a wall of text that will make people lose interest half way through this post wont stop people from digesting what I am saying. Get what I mean?

In other words.. Use punctuation, sentences and paragraphs mate, so that people can digest the theme of the thread.
    I am not sure what you think they changed, and monetary value should have little to do with any changes they make, in order to make the game better, or create more longevity.
    How much money people have spent in the past is totally irrelevant, since its "free to play".
    The reason people spend money is for quicker progression, the "pay to prosper" approach.

But, once the red mist clears, Maybe restate the reasons for your aggravation.
    It could well lead to a very good discussion.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 17th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ON YOUTUBE: "Em Losan"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I read and attempted to digest your wall of text and have come away not having any real idea of what you are complaining about.
    i am positive he has an engineered base and maybe players reported him and SC sent him an email about it or something like that

IGN:AngelOfMusiclvl:218Trophies:5489
    L I S T E N T O M Y M U S I C
    MUSIC CHANNEL:Click Here
    FORUMS ACHIEVEMENT LEADERBOARD Click Here
    "Turn melodies into words, read my biography but also my thoughts"-aTh

I'M BATMAN!
    The obvious answer is, penalize everyone who doesn't play the way I prefer to play. Duh.

Well, I have read that mess twice (2 min of my life I will never get back) and I think the op is complaining about the matchmaking changes that made the 1 cannon bases less viable. My response it that engineering was an exploit of the system that supercell did not want to be there. They made it so that engineered bases are better represented by the offensive power they have. Before, engineering made many wars unfair, now most wars give each clan an equal chance to win.

Oh, so making matchmaking fair is somehow punishing people who built defenseless bases? That's rich.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by aTh View Post
    i am positive he has an engineered base and maybe players reported him and SC sent him an email about it or something like that
    He said he doesn’t have an engineered base, although the definition of engineered varies widely.

But I don’t think there’s any official issue with “engineered” bases, at least that SC would step in on. Why would anyone even “report” something like that? People can do what they want, since it’s not cheating. But...

We know it was a somewhat frequent and controversial strategy for a while and then became incredibly unpopular, so SC implemented the “must have one of everything in order to progress” mechanic to address that. If I recall correctly, I think the term “disadvantage” was even used somewhere when discussing the changes that were coming. While it was done mainly to prevent people from trying to *gain an advantage, I can see why, if someone played that way for a long time and came back to the game after a break, they would suddenly feel “disadvantaged” if they now find themselves having a hard time because they can easily be three’d and can’t find many similar opponents.

If there are players who had even a 0.5 that was, say, a maxed 10 without infernos and now they want to go to 11 but can’t, I could see them being unhappy about it.

Just do what I did and drop the infernos already, and carry on, then. They can still be built last and don’t have to be levelled up, if you don’t want to. You do have to learn to deal with attacking the things, though, because everyone has them, lol. And yeah, you’re probably at a disadvantage until you do.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

I don't believe SC is trying to "punish" anyone for the way they play. They try to use the matchmaker in regular wars to make even matches where both sides have the same offensive and defensive power and skill in attacking, designing and war plan determines the outcome, rather than base progression. They have failed terribly at it in the past at times, granting huge advantages to certain types of builds and, of course the opposite then must be true, granting huge disadvantages to players who build their base a different way. Currently, the matchmaker is not perfect, but is about as good as I can ever remember at finding even matches.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

SC has tried to appease everyone, CW a nonlinear, CWL linear TH12 maxers, and FCW where all the complainers can put themselves vs thier exact build. So I kinda understand the OP post being able to uniquely upgrade, build, match is good. But anything that takes away from choice in general sucks IMO. don't say engineer here it's a bad word and u will get bombarded with insults. money ultimately runs this train. You got to adapt and overcome, but as the choices get fewer so will the players IMO.
    Last edited by alcusmc; May 18th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.