Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 221

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why penalize a player that chooses a way of playing?

  1. #151
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Yep. couple of raids on goblin village. Only gold storage needs upgrading to lvl 2 for basic th3. then cc to gain clan entry. I already done 2 with upgrades before it dawned on me too.

    Maybe we can seed in bronze 3 with all these prototypes.
    Chances are we would get promoted too, so long as we done our attacks lol.
    Got a third account done. You can go straight through just spending gems on everything. The stupid intro thing takes the longest time.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

  2. #152
    Forum Veteran Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I might rephrase your last sentence to this: “Such accounts in the right hands against the right opponents can be deadly”.
    And your point...?


  3. #153
    Forum Veteran Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It is not so much that they are gaining the advantage. It is more that you are risking putting yourself at a disadvantage by running with max bases. The engineers you are complaining about, are playing the numbers. Nobody disagrees with that. You, on the other hand, are delaying progress for no real gain.

    Unless those 10s are perma so you can do war leagues, they should be hitting the button before total max is reached, otherwise that 90k def weight, combined with max troops and heroes, are risking the other side gaining an extra 20 camp space, and a warden to boot.
    We must be doing very different wars then, because matchmaking has never been better. We have been running perm max accounts for years, and the occasional engineering clan does come along, but nothing we can't beat, not like some would claim that the war is over before it even started. I do agree hitting the upgrade button before being totally maxed (provided the player knows what he's doing) would be a more efficient way to progress, provided the intention is to progress. If it is an alternate account that stays perm max, no issue with that.

    And since everybody agrees, there is no argument. The upgrades are to th11 levels, so obviously they are superior to a 10.
    But it is still an avoidable scenario.
    As Sam is saying, the "match", so to speak, is determinate of both or either defence or offense.
    So, simply by avoiding too many accounts that carry the full weight of a particular hall, then the spin should go ok.
    You match what you bring, so jumping once an account reaches its beneficial limit lessens the chances of facing that extra firepower.
    eg.. not jumping till the last brick changes colour has no benefit in war whatsoever, but the actual beneficial limit is debatable, dependant on ones viewpoint (I dont believe in totally maxing heroes either)
    To each his own. Many players like to progress as fast as they can (smart upgrading, not rushing), others like to take time mastering attacking strategies one TH level at a time. I have both types of players in my clan, so it is quite balanced. If you want to talk about the whole spectrum, not rushing avoids a disadvantage, while precise engineering (ie 9.11) gains an advantage.


  4. #154
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    And your point...?
    What is the point of the continuing circular argument? Yes. Good 9.11s can be an advantage. That are not able to be made anymore. They are less of an advantage than they used to be. A full 11, 11 with level 1 heavies or rushed 12 with level 1 infernos and eagle would be more useful in cwl.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #155
    Forum Veteran Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    What is the point of the continuing circular argument? Yes. Good 9.11s can be an advantage. That are not able to be made anymore. They are less of an advantage than they used to be. A full 11, 11 with level 1 heavies or rushed 12 with level 1 infernos and eagle would be more useful in cwl.
    I was merely asking what he meant because I did not understand his purpose for rephrasing what I said.


  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I created two accounts so far, but didn't think anything of upgrading the collectors to level 3. Is this a problem?

    Color me stupid but I completely forgot about the gems. You can gem your way most of the way there.
    So far I have only outlined the idea for the test and come up with names of clans (which helps in understanding the idea), I haven't created anything yet because I've had some clan and clan games stuff to do. Collectors and storages have a bit of weight, it would be good if both rosters are identical.

    It should be like this

    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    i made a th3 with minimum upgrade.. eg gold storage to level 2 to allow for hall jump. only thing added at th3 is the cc to allow for the account to join a clan.
    Built this way, and using gems, an account can be ready in about a half hour. Should be easy to get the required number of bases built this way.
    longest part is to actually make the account prior to the build.
    The very minimum to get to TH3, including all buildings, upgrades, buildings dropped, troops upgraded, everything. The absolute minimum.

    I'm not really rushing because it is still 6 days away, I like that many are keen to help. I'll try to set it up in the next day or so.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; May 28th, 2019 at 02:53 AM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  7. #157
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    I was merely asking what he meant because I did not understand his purpose for rephrasing what I said.
    Reasonable. I got lost in the convolution of the thread.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  8. #158
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    I was merely asking what he meant because I did not understand his purpose for rephrasing what I said.
    I was adding the other side of the equation. many folks whinge about unfair matches only by looking at their opponents, instead of looking at both sides of a battle. That is why I added the “right opponent part”.
    Last edited by Tosti111; May 28th, 2019 at 03:14 AM.

  9. #159
    Forum Veteran Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I was adding the other side of the equation. many folks whinge about unfair matches only by looking at their opponents, instead of looking at both sides of a battle. That is why I added the “right opponent part”.
    Fair enough. Addressing the part about avoiding a disadvantage.


  10. #160
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,224
    I was merely saying how to best avoid a disadvantage.
    I wasnt the one that brought up that engi advantage.

    Gaining an actual advantage, means either carrying accounts that can no longer be made, or having a membership that is completely in tune with each other, and working towards that particular goal.
    Simply having an account or 2 with limited upgrades dont really make a difference.

    I am seeing that the biggest problem with drawing engi is running with a stretched roster. Our guys just spun a 30v, with a stretch from 12-4, and there are also hall gaps towards the bottom. The oppo has 3 offensive lop sided accounts on their side.
    It is what it is, roster wrong and pay the price. All I can do is advise then shrug.

    Funnily enough, the main account I war with is approaching the state you use.. Hero/wall grind is still ongoing. Everything else done.
    I doubt I will fully max, but since the clan is turning ever more casual, there is no reason to watch the weight on my accounts any more.

    What I am doing tho, is hitting restart with the alt clan. Mainly new accounts,from which I can slow build with an eye on the draw.
    If I keep it "one man", then the weight can be managed.
    Winning is important, but what is even more important to me, is seeing how the MM is performing.
    Knowing what happens when, and why, is fun in itself.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •