Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why penalize a player that chooses a way of playing?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I'll make a couple later today and take a screen shot to make it easy. I was thinking I would make 4 clans and then name the clans "Super Test", "All your base", "Is belong", "To us", and make some TH3's (maybe up to 15 if it is quick) for "Super Test". Everyone else would go to "To us" and try to get 15v minimum if possible (more uncommon).

Once CWL rolls around in about 7 days from now, we try to match the clans. Will be interesting to see how long it would take, or if it is possible to match all TH3's. If the clans match, everyone in "To us" has 47 hours to move their bases over to "Is belong" and the same for "All your base"
    i made a th3 with minimum upgrade.. eg gold storage to level 2 to allow for hall jump. only thing added at th3 is the cc to allow for the account to join a clan.
    Built this way, and using gems, an account can be ready in about a half hour. Should be easy to get the required number of bases built this way.
    longest part is to actually make the account prior to the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    What he said, to which I have replied. Maybe we should rephrase to state that engineering affects the total roster weight, if that is what makes it sounds better. Either way, it is still an advantage, albeit not as much as before. In the right hands, they can be deadly.
    It is not so much that they are gaining the advantage. It is more that you are risking putting yourself at a disadvantage by running with max bases. The engineers you are complaining about, are playing the numbers. Nobody disagrees with that. You, on the other hand, are delaying progress for no real gain.

Unless those 10s are perma so you can do war leagues, they should be hitting the button before total max is reached, otherwise that 90k def weight, combined with max troops and heroes, are risking the other side gaining an extra 20 camp space, and a warden to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo1234 View Post
    Im with you 100% Yachi. I know what youre talking about. They can dress it up as much as they want, but I get it. Luckily, since th12 came out if youre heavy up top it wont effect as much. And yes, a th11 with all max traps, point defenses and walls is and always will be harder to 3 star than a super fully max th10.
    And since everybody agrees, there is no argument. The upgrades are to th11 levels, so obviously they are superior to a 10.
    But it is still an avoidable scenario.
    As Sam is saying, the "match", so to speak, is determinate of both or either defence or offense.
    So, simply by avoiding too many accounts that carry the full weight of a particular hall, then the spin should go ok.
    You match what you bring, so jumping once an account reaches its beneficial limit lessens the chances of facing that extra firepower.
    eg.. not jumping till the last brick changes colour has no benefit in war whatsoever, but the actual beneficial limit is debatable, dependant on ones viewpoint (I dont believe in totally maxing heroes either)
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 27th, 2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I was thinking I might have go at joining you with this, But what is this now about CWL?

There is no matchmaking as such in CWL, and there is a deliberate built in delay precisely to stop clans colluding to match each other.

[EDIT]Ooops - I think you just meant to run it at the same time as CWL, so the pool is smaller.
    Yes, do it during CWL because the pool in smaller and nearly a week away from now when you include the 2 day cool down from regular clan wars so would all that time to get it ready.

That would be really cool if you joined in cause that would make it easier. A public test like this makes me a little uneasy about drawing alot of attention, I would say it would be better just buried in the pages here than it's own thread.

I've never actually tried to test this before either so it would be a first for me lol
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Yes, do it during CWL because the pool in smaller and nearly a week away from now when you include the 2 day cool down from regular clan wars so would all that time to get it ready.

That would be really cool if you joined in cause that would make it easier. A public test like this makes me a little uneasy about drawing alot of attention, I would say it would be better just buried in the pages here than it's own thread.

I've never actually tried to test this before either so it would be a first for me lol
    I am curious to see how it plays out as well. Given what we know about the MM it makes good sense that it should work (not that it is a good thing) but there are a lot smarter folks here who say it is/can happen and I have no reason to doubt that it will prove out.

What he said, to which I have replied. Maybe we should rephrase to state that engineering affects the total roster weight, if that is what makes it sounds better. Either way, it is still an advantage, albeit not as much as before. In the right hands, they can be deadly.

Thing is mate, once we know, then it is easy to match up with a given roster.

But I wouldnt expect an influx of people reading about it here, then hitting three digit streaks.
    The more that tried to do it, the less chance of anybody actually gaining sustained success.
    They would simply cancel each other out.

Of course, we havent even proved its possible yet.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 27th, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Thing is mate, once we know, then it is easy to match up with a given roster.

But I wouldnt expect an influx of people reading about it here, then hitting three digit streaks.
    The more that tried to do it, the less chance of anybody actually gaining sustained success.
    They would simply cancel each other out.

Of course, we havent even proved its possible yet.
    It is 100% sure will work as long as the bases in 2 clans ar identical, I saw it a few times done in my friend clan as they did test match, i will bring a couple of th3s also
    Last edited by samratulangi; May 27th, 2019 at 11:18 PM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

I created two accounts so far, but didn't think anything of upgrading the collectors to level 3. Is this a problem?

Color me stupid but I completely forgot about the gems. You can gem your way most of the way there.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I created two accounts so far, but didn't think anything of upgrading the collectors to level 3. Is this a problem?

Color me stupid but I completely forgot about the gems. You can gem your way most of the way there.
    Yep. couple of raids on goblin village. Only gold storage needs upgrading to lvl 2 for basic th3. then cc to gain clan entry. I already done 2 with upgrades before it dawned on me too.

Maybe we can seed in bronze 3 with all these prototypes.
    Chances are we would get promoted too, so long as we done our attacks lol.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 28th, 2019 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    No one is trying to dress anything up. 9.11s are harder to 3 star than th10s, no one denies that. They no longer present the advantage they used to, though. I think they are still strong, but nothing like they were in the past. That is especially true when you have th12s like you mentioned. With th12s up top now I can't remember the last time we faced a disadvantage due to engineering. Almost always when we face a clan with engineered th11s we have an advantage up top. That is the point some of us were trying to make in noting one account doesn't draw another. The extra weight of that 9.11 on offense is factored into the match, even though you don't see it on the map. So, while the 9.11 might have an advantage over its mirror down low, we usually see it accounted for by giving us an advantage on offense higher up (usually heroes). That is also why we stopped using 9.11s (that and the fact that we wanted them stronger for CWL).
    I'm afraid that wasn't the case in my experience. As mentioned earlier, the war we had, we were even at the top, they had an extra 11, and a 9.11. It is not an overwhelming advantage, not like in the past, and I've said we could win if we did well. But having that 9.11 did throw a wrench in our team strat. Not being able to clear the 9.11 with a TH10 forced us to use a TH11 attack to do so. Little things like these turn the tide, and coupled with good bases and strong attacks, we got our a$$es whopped. That is why I mentioned, such accounts in the right hands can be deadly.

Forum Elder
    I'm afraid that wasn't the case in my experience. As mentioned earlier, the war we had, we were even at the top, they had an extra 11, and a 9.11. It is not an overwhelming advantage, not like in the past, and I've said we could win if we did well. But having that 9.11 did throw a wrench in our team strat. Not being able to clear the 9.11 with a TH10 forced us to use a TH11 attack to do so. Little things like these turn the tide, and coupled with good bases and strong attacks, we got our a$$es whopped. That is why I mentioned, such accounts in the right hands can be deadly.
    I might rephrase your last sentence to this: “Such accounts in the right hands against the right opponents can be deadly”.
    Last edited by Tosti111; May 28th, 2019 at 01:54 AM.

Yes, if you really had zero advantage elsewhere, then that is a nice advantage to them. It works out to them having one more attack than you (assuming you cleared that 9.11 with just one attack from your th11). Bad matches can happen for any number of reasons, most of which just the inability to make a perfect match.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.