Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why penalize a player that chooses a way of playing?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Sam doesn't really claim that, though, because like you said, the entire clan matches, not just one account against another. I do think the chance of a th11 matching a clan with a th11 has gone way up since the warden got more weight/importance, but you can't say it "draws" a th10 or a th11 since it is the whole clan that matters. What you describe is a 9.11 and for a long time I thought they were the best (after the changes made just rushing your offense way ahead not that effective). I still think they are better than most of the engineering I see for some of the same reasons you mention. If you don't recognize what you are seeing, you can waste a lot of attacks on it before realizing it is much harder than a th10. My own clan used to run with a few of those, but we have moved away. We partially did that because the changes to the matchmaker made it less valuable but also because we wanted them improved for CWL. Another sneaky good way to engineer is just keep all defenses one level below max (and don't upgrade troops/spells you don't use).
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    th11 with no inferno, ea and near maxed offense will draw th11 not th10

at the other hand rushed th11 with lower offense and def may face maxed th10, and he will be struggling to 3* while concede easy 3*
    What he said, to which I have replied. Maybe we should rephrase to state that engineering affects the total roster weight, if that is what makes it sounds better. Either way, it is still an advantage, albeit not as much as before. In the right hands, they can be deadly.

Centennial Club
    Just my 2 cents. Engineered accounts were a major problem a while ago but after TH12 came out (and now that most former max TH11 are now max TH12) it is much less of an issue imho.
    Normal wars are (and have always been) about top 3-4 bases. There is no way an engineered TH11 can 3 star a normally upgraded TH12 (not to say a max TH12 ofc). So it doesn't really matter if an engineerd TH11 sitting at #10 or #15 tristars a #6 TH10 or TH11. It'll give out its 3 sars anyway AND top bases will win or lose wars within themselves.
    I wouldn't say this is penalizing a "way of playing" (e.g. engineering). Who chose that way has simply to accept game development as anyone else. It took him way less time and effort to engineer his base than it would have been if he had chonse the "normal" upgrading way of playing. His choice, not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I've been busy the last few days, I will set it all up in the next 2 days. I'm actually quite interested to test this out.

No, they would all need to be the same so only just the minimum TH3.

No upgraded troops, no dropped or upgraded buildings or collectors.
    Darn. I have upgraded collectors on mine. Just finished work so will knock a couple up after a sleep.

Forum Veteran
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    What he said, to which I have replied. Maybe we should rephrase to state that engineering affects the total roster weight, if that is what makes it sounds better. Either way, it is still an advantage, albeit not as much as before. In the right hands, they can be deadly.
    What i am trying to say is, offense weight is a continuum like def weight, a high offense th11 will be treated as th11, and it will draw similar offense weight, especially if your roster is fairly light, low offense th11 is totally different, and should not really big problem for u right?, but many people only see the th color and map position.

once u can see the whole roster off and def, and discard map position, then u will see different view
    Last edited by samratulangi; May 27th, 2019 at 12:18 PM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Our current war has an 11 with no infernos sitting below a 10. Clearly the matchmaker is handling these engineered bases pretty well as this is a very even match.

https://ibb.co/d6khJW2
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Im with you 100% Yachi. I know what youre talking about. They can dress it up as much as they want, but I get it. Luckily, since th12 came out if youre heavy up top it wont effect as much. And yes, a th11 with all max traps, point defenses and walls is and always will be harder to 3 star than a super fully max th10.

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo1234 View Post
    Im with you 100% Yachi. I know what youre talking about. They can dress it up as much as they want, but I get it. Luckily, since th12 came out if youre heavy up top it wont effect as much. And yes, a th11 with all max traps, point defenses and walls is and always will be harder to 3 star than a super fully max th10.
    No one is trying to dress anything up. 9.11s are harder to 3 star than th10s, no one denies that. They no longer present the advantage they used to, though. I think they are still strong, but nothing like they were in the past. That is especially true when you have th12s like you mentioned. With th12s up top now I can't remember the last time we faced a disadvantage due to engineering. Almost always when we face a clan with engineered th11s we have an advantage up top. That is the point some of us were trying to make in noting one account doesn't draw another. The extra weight of that 9.11 on offense is factored into the match, even though you don't see it on the map. So, while the 9.11 might have an advantage over its mirror down low, we usually see it accounted for by giving us an advantage on offense higher up (usually heroes). That is also why we stopped using 9.11s (that and the fact that we wanted them stronger for CWL).

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Darn. I have upgraded collectors on mine. Just finished work so will knock a couple up after a sleep.
    I'll make a couple later today and take a screen shot to make it easy. I was thinking I would make 4 clans and then name the clans "Super Test", "All your base", "Is belong", "To us", and make some TH3's (maybe up to 15 if it is quick) for "Super Test". Everyone else would go to "To us" and try to get 15v minimum if possible (more uncommon).

Once CWL rolls around in about 7 days from now, we try to match the clans. Will be interesting to see how long it would take, or if it is possible to match all TH3's. If the clans match, everyone in "To us" has 47 hours to move their bases over to "Is belong" and the same for "All your base"
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #139
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo1234 View Post
    Sorry, but saying that proves you don't actually "get it", even if you think you do.

What do you think is being "dressed up", and by who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #140
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I'll make a couple later today and take a screen shot to make it easy. I was thinking I would make 4 clans and then name the clans "Super Test", "All your base", "Is belong", "To us", and make some TH3's (maybe up to 15 if it is quick) for "Super Test". Everyone else would go to "To us" and try to get 15v minimum if possible (more uncommon).

Once CWL rolls around in about 7 days from now, we try to match the clans. Will be interesting to see how long it would take, or if it is possible to match all TH3's. If the clans match, everyone in "To us" has 47 hours to move their bases over to "Is belong" and the same for "All your base"
    I was thinking I might have go at joining you with this, But what is this now about CWL?

There is no matchmaking as such in CWL, and there is a deliberate built in delay precisely to stop clans colluding to match each other.

[EDIT]Ooops - I think you just meant to run it at the same time as CWL, so the pool is smaller.
    Last edited by Ajax; May 27th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)