Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding the sweet spot for Reg wars

Centennial Club

Finding the sweet spot for Reg wars

I'm wondering whats the sweet spot currently, meaning where is the largest pool of reg wars clans warring at, TH levels and roster size. COCP.it had good info but its 2 years old. we were running a 10 or 15 man roster with 8s and 9s and were matching easily but the wars are unchallenging so now were running 1 th11 and the rest 10s and 9s with accounts built for war either 10 or 15 roster size, but having trouble matching. I wonder if theres a larger pool in the Th12 and 11 area? dont wanna dip back to the 9 and 8 area.

Pro Member
    We do 10/15 man wars with 6-10 Th12s. Rest of the spots are filled up with TH11/TH10. This roster matches what we usually see in CWL.

War searches are usually fast (from instant to 1hr).

When you say "with accounts built for war", what do you mean? If you mean they have an abnormal pattern of upgrades or are lopsided, then that's why you are having trouble matching
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    When you say "with accounts built for war", what do you mean? If you mean they have an abnormal pattern of upgrades or are lopsided, then that's why you are having trouble matching
    I guess my real question is wheres the biggest pool of clans warring at in the 10-25 man rosters we have tons of th10s and 9s and its its easy to find th8 and under fillers, but we wonder is there a larger pool in the TH12-10 range or 11-9 or 10-9 and 8 fillers?

Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    I guess my real question is wheres the biggest pool of clans warring at in the 10-25 man rosters we have tons of th10s and 9s and its its easy to find th8 and under fillers, but we wonder is there a larger pool in the TH12-10 range or 11-9 or 10-9 and 8 fillers?

Not sure why you didn't answer Onyx question.

My clan runs wars like you describe and does not have trouble matching at all. we will have anywhere from 1-3 11s, 2-4 10s, 2-4 9s, and sometimes some 8s to fill. How long do you let the search run?

12-10 is your best bet IMO. I think if you are spinning with no 12's you're cutting yourself off from the largest pool. From what I see 12's should be half or more of your roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Not sure why you didn't answer Onyx question.

My clan runs wars like you describe and does not have trouble matching at all. we will have anywhere from 1-3 11s, 2-4 10s, 2-4 9s, and sometimes some 8s to fill. How long do you let the search run?
    We have members that play only for war and they have built their bases for war meaning because of our excellent 3 starring ability we can 3 star bases equal to ours but our opponents cant 3 star bases equal to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    We have members that play only for war and they have built their bases for war meaning because of our excellent 3 starring ability we can 3 star bases equal to ours but our opponents cant 3 star bases equal to theirs.
    This leads me to believe what onyx was hinting at and that is that you have lopsided bases. This might be the issue that is causing you to match slowly or not at all. Not sure exactly what sort of base engineering you are doing so without more detail it is difficult to say.

ETA:

Looked you guys up. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...n-wars-over-95 and https://cocp.it/clan/UJPL0228 Huge win streak, few losses. Constantly matching low level and probably heavily rushed poor attacking clans. If you want to have more challenging wars, stop gaming the system. Your OP now seems funny in light of this.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:41 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    12-10 is your best bet IMO. I think if you are spinning with no 12's you're cutting yourself off from the largest pool. From what I see 12's should be half or more of your roster.
    Thanks for giving your opinion to my question this was why i started this thread. We would like to here some other educated opinions too please to the question. I guess my real question is wheres the biggest pool of clans warring at in the 10-25 man rosters we have tons of th10s and 9s and its its easy to find th8 and under fillers, but we wonder is there a larger pool in the TH12-10 range or 11-9 or 10-9 and 8 fillers?

Forum Elder
    I would think that since cwl has been running for so long now, you will find many clans that carry th10 and above now.
    Likelihood would be to go with th9 and above for deeper pools now.

The game is old now, so low hall accounts will, in many cases, be alts of people using multi accounts. They may or may not carry those accounts within the same clan.

So far as quality of match, who knows?.
    CWL has a tendency to favour, or rather promote rushing the account, then back filling later.
    Only my theories of course, but our clan has become very much rusher with all the upgrade tools available now.
    Good luck in finding your niche.