Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dispelling a few untruths about the Builder Base

Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    Response in bold.
    To be quite honest, your opinion doesn't really matter in this case. Builder base is here to stay. The crossovers will remain. The advantage of having a high level builder hall will remain as pertains to clan games and season passes as you have more options. Builder hall 9 is coming. And I imagine others will follow eventually as will additional content. You can certainly complain and I can even see why you feel you have to do so. However, I think the smarter long term move by those who dislike the builder hall so much would have been to take a short term hit and refuse to play. Maybe it would have changed the numbers to influence supercel. On the other hand, the teeming masses who attack maybe twice a day on main and once or twice on builder would probably outmass the vocal groups of either stripe on the forum.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Legend
    Response in bold.
    1. You don't have the right to come into a store and scream and shout about how you don't like their product.

2. You don't have the right to be consulted, when a store extends their product line.

3. You don't have the right to know how much a stor makes on a product.

A business is not a democratic process and running a business does not include votes from people who have no stake in the business.

Try to understand these facts.

Now .. about The Season Challenges and Clan Game Challenges ...

What would you expect A BUSINESS that have several million dollars a day in revenue, to do, in order to accommodate about a hundred million players?

Should they try to balance the challenges a bit so that there are challenges for every aspect of the game or should they completely ignore one part of the game, because a few vocal players on the forum insist on hating that part of the game?

This is the part I simply don't understand .. the complete lack of logical thinking.

What do you gain from repeatedly hating on The Builder Base or the composition of challenges or how fast or slow the game is or the fact that you can't use DE to upgrade walls .. All these subject fall in the exact same unreasonable group of complaints: Personal preference and something you can never EVER have any direct control over .. AND something that you will gain absolutely NOTHING from getting fulfilled.

There are people who actually LIKE the Builder Base. SuperCell is making money on these people. The game as a whole gains activity from these people and there is absolutely nothing to be gained from denying these people access to the game.

I assume, that the number of people playing and dumping gems into the Builder Base, FAR outnumber the people who are vocal in their hate about the Builder Base.

Yes, you have the right to speak your mind about the game .. but; you do NOT have the right to stand inside the store, shouting your displeasure. "Freedom of Speech" does NOT cover this sort of behaviour, by the way .. THAT is a right between YOU and your Government.

You are basically telling a business to stop making money on a product YOU don't like, while being surprised that they ignore you!

Builder Base is a part of Clash of Clans, just like Clan Games, Clan Wars and League Wars .. it will never be removed, none of these parts will.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

For the 46389691473429042890463242907423rd time it's been said in this subforum, you DON'T NEED TO PLAY THE BB FOR 2600 SEASON CHALLENGES OR 6TH TIER CLAN GAMES

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    For the 46389691473429042890463242907423rd time it's been said in this subforum, you DON'T NEED TO PLAY THE BB FOR 2600 SEASON CHALLENGES OR 6TH TIER CLAN GAMES
    If you deliberately ignore all builder base challenges, you will reach 2600 points a day or two later than those who don't ignore the BB challenges.

Some would say that THAT's a fair trade, to avoid having to play Builder Base, others would say that it's worth it playing the Builder Base at a bare minimum, to get to the top tier a bit faster ..

OP thinks it's unfair, that he can't ignore the Builder Base Challenges and STILL reach the top tier a bit faster ..

I have a hard time understanding this point of view :-)

/Affront
    Recruiting

Hopefully we are vocal enough, they never try to add the same garbage again. That is all I am aiming for.

As for the store referance. It isn't the same store!. You go to one store, but if you go to the store next door and make a purchase you can get a discount at the first store. I don't like the second store. Yes I can still purchase but that does not mean I like it. The purchase at the second store maybe less then what I end up having at the the first store. I still don't need to like it.
    There are alsorts of reasons to not like the second store, but it saves you money. So you end up padding that stores bottom line when you really wish it would just go away.
    Last edited by Martvol; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.

Hopefully we are vocal enough, they never try to add the same garbage again. That is all I am aiming for.

As for the store referance. It isn't the same store!. You go to one store, but if you go to the store next door and make a purchase you can get a discount at the first store. I don't like the second store. Yes I can still purchase but that does not mean I like it. The purchase at the second store maybe less then what I end up having at the the first store. I still don't need to like it.
    There are alsorts of reasons to not like the second store, but it saves you money. So you end up padding that stores bottom line when you really wish it would just go away.
    The difference is, here you have no other store.

Forum Legend
    <snip>
    .. and I'm telling you, that you are misguided. Completely and utterly misguided in your pursuit to make a company earn less, by removing a part of their product that you don't like.

This is not up for public debate or vote. The game developers will add whatever they want to the game .. and they will be punished quickly and terminally if they make the wrong choices.

As millions of people have NOT left the game because of the Builder Base, it's safe to assume that SuperCell is actually making money of this thing .. imagine that .. they are making money. Now .. how would you argue to make them stop making money?

Walk away if you don't like the game.

/Affront
    Recruiting

It’s quite ironic how you don’t complain about the thousands of gems they’ve given from builder base, but complain about the extra day or two it takes to max out their challenges because tHeY hAvE tO pLay Bb. As if it REALLY hinders their main base progression SO much, as if to make the other people suffer, who absolutely love builder base, who are by far the vast majority of people that play this game.

Builder base is one of the few aspects of main base that actually takes skill beyond memorizing troop compositions and drop signals.

Millennial ideology 101 - complain when something gets difficult to do, instead of overcoming that difficulty and reaping the rewards using satisfaction.

I will repeat it again and I don’t think there needs to be any discussion after I point out this fact, the amount of gems you receive from builder base far far far outweigh any other complaints you have regarding the notion that “I can’t ignore bb”.

Not to mention clan challenges are way easier if you actually use builder base, I think the main reason you’re complaining is because you feel the game is difficult and because of that instead of sucking it up and dealing with it because that’s life in a nutshell you come on here and complain to try to justify that the game might not be in fact difficult but it just sucks when the reality might be that you’re not progressing in the game how you should be in terms of your skill level and that’s the reason why the game “sucks” to you.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:37 AM.

I like the Builder Base; it more than doubles the free gems you can get, and makes it possible to do clan games rather than playing cloud games in titan and legend as your time to finish quests runs out last season I went for every possible gold pass point, and getting there as quickly as possible, while this time I took my time and was surprised how few tasks I had to actually complete to unlock the gold pass. Nobody is shoving Builder Base down your throat; it is something you should be making work for you. Max out your gem mine, and Get a few defences to a high enough level for Gear Up, and clear trees now and then for extra gems... make the base work for the way you want to play, and if that isn't possible then adapt how you play It is worth noting the next game update will include a big upgrade to the Builder Base, so why not work towards that? The home base is pretty easy to max out these days so with a few gold passes you will probably be hitting max th12 regardless of where you are now, so may as well take on the challenge of maxing out both bases

Forum Elder
    One man's garbage is another man's treasure.