Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dispelling a few untruths about the Builder Base

  1. #11
    Millennial Club Kirky519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    In a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    So you are countering "untruths" with outright propaganda and lies? Take you first point, you claim people are "forced" to play it. Then in your second point you counter yourself! There you give a reason you play it, an admission that a proverbial gun is not pointed to your head, but you play it by choice to obtain a desired objective. (And No, if you want to get through Gold Perks quickly as you state, then hit those gem icons).
    No one has a gun to my head, and is forcing me to go to work either. But the effects of not going to work would be detrimental to my family.
    In the same way, no, this is not “mandatory.” Nor is the rest of the game But there are detrimental effects to the rest of the game by not playing it.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 18 War Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Website: https://burntcreativityclan.weebly.com/
    BC Recruitment Thread: http://Tinyurl.Com/k6fmzv6


  2. #12
    Forum All-Star JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    "hit those gem icons"

    Indeed, probably the real reason for the whole thing.
    This is total nonsense.

  3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    I'd like to fly...
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Why is this thread not in the correct subforum?
    Agreed and moved


  4. #14
    Forum All-Star JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirky519 View Post
    No one has a gun to my head, and is forcing me to go to work either. But the effects of not going to work would be detrimental to my family.
    In the same way, no, this is not “mandatory.” Nor is the rest of the game But there are detrimental effects to the rest of the game by not playing it.
    Please define 'detrimental'.... in the context of this part of the game [I understand it might not be a good idea to stop going into work and such]

  5. #15
    Millennial Club Kirky519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    In a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Please define 'detrimental'.... in the context of this part of the game [I understand it might not be a good idea to stop going into work and such]
    Op already touched on a good one; you complete seasonal challenges slower if you skip the B.B. related challenges. In a system where % based unlocks are the rewards, you obviously do better to unlock them as quickly as possible.

    the 3 modifications applied to the home base defenses is another one. I understand these are typically lacklustre. But they do have their benefit in certain applications. In such a situation, not having them could be detrimental.
    Last edited by Kirky519; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:01 AM.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 18 War Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Website: https://burntcreativityclan.weebly.com/
    BC Recruitment Thread: http://Tinyurl.Com/k6fmzv6


  6. #16
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    9,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirky519 View Post
    No one has a gun to my head, and is forcing me to go to work either. But the effects of not going to work would be detrimental to my family.
    In the same way, no, this is not “mandatory.” Nor is the rest of the game But there are detrimental effects to the rest of the game by not playing it.
    For forced, there must be some external source, the proverbial gun. I pay taxes because there is an external force, I could jailed for failure to do so, or my possessions seized by that enity. If you are in the military, yes you are compelled to fullfill the terms of service, else be jailed.

    But no, most people are not forced to work! No external source says you must live in your house, else we will compel you to. It is only you yourself. You work because you want the money to pay for things, hence you "compel youself" to go to work, but no external party is forcing you. Holding a gun to ones own head is self flagellation, it is not being "forced to do something".
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:13 AM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C


  7. #17
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    107
    Let's put it this way: if like me you play Clash for the Main base and want to reasonably optimize it (up to paying for a few gold passes here and there, wanting to help clanmates and the clan reach lvl 10....) then you're hampering yourself significantly if you don't take care of the Bbase. Even if you don't care about the Bbase at all, just about the main base and your clan, optimizing or even just doing your part for the main base/clan progression means spending a lot of time in the bbase. That's forced.

    Again, playing the bbase (so, 6-7-8 fights a day because of the adaptive matching + draws as losses + everytime you've got a major or even minor defense upgrading you're losing a lot) takes more time than playing my main base, and contrary to the main base, it is not fun.

    Agreed, it gets better with a more advanced bbase, a bit more fun because you get more strat choices and a single defense upgrading doesn't ensure a string of losses. But it still isn't *fun* to me, still feels forced, and the grind to get there is horrendous.

  8. #18
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,296
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    My previous thread complaining about the Builder Base being boring and stuffed down our troats got of course shut down because "we're not discussing this again". But the amount of untrue "answers" in it was staggering:

    - nobody is forcing you to pay the builder base: yes, the game and my clan are, for clan games and season challenge
    - you can ignore them for season challenge: no, the gold pass perks are time-dependent, so if you want to max the rewards, you've got to do all challenges, and do them as quickly as possible
    - statistics show people are playing the Bbase so they like it: or.... they've been taken hostage, like me.
    - if you're overmatched, develop your base: I thought this was a game, not a job. Also, the way matching works, it has no impact, you always end up at the level you deserve.
    - stop whining start fixing: sure. Like how ?
    - 3-5 attacks a day is all you need for your three stars.The way it works, it's statistically 6 on average, plus draws are losses so 7 even 8 attacks really.

    I end up spending more of my limited time on that damn base that I dislike than on the game I actually want to play.
    Please explain why you should enjoy the full rewards fast, when you refuse to play a part of the game?

    If you don't participate in CWL, you woun't get any medals.

    If you don't attack other players to steal their resources, you woun't progress your own base very fast.

    If you don't play the game, you will never be able to play the game at the highest level.

    If you refuse to play Builder Base, you'll miss out on some challenge points..


    All of these statements are fact and not even disputable or unreasonable..


    You don't have a God Given right to be the stronges nor to get a participation reward, if you refuse to even participate.

    What is the world coming to? Is this what milllenials expect? I really, really don't understand this.

    /Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

  9. #19
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    My previous thread complaining about the Builder Base being boring and stuffed down our troats got of course shut down because "we're not discussing this again". But the amount of untrue "answers" in it was staggering:

    - nobody is forcing you to pay the builder base: yes, the game and my clan are, for clan games and season challenge
    - you can ignore them for season challenge: no, the gold pass perks are time-dependent, so if you want to max the rewards, you've got to do all challenges, and do them as quickly as possible
    - statistics show people are playing the Bbase so they like it: or.... they've been taken hostage, like me.
    - if you're overmatched, develop your base: I thought this was a game, not a job. Also, the way matching works, it has no impact, you always end up at the level you deserve.
    - stop whining start fixing: sure. Like how ?
    - 3-5 attacks a day is all you need for your three stars.The way it works, it's statistically 6 on average, plus draws are losses so 7 even 8 attacks really.

    I end up spending more of my limited time on that damn base that I dislike than on the game I actually want to play.
    1. That's on you and your clan, no one is forcing you to play.
    2. You can still max out rewards fast and easy not doing BB challenges.
    3. People are playing it and the reason is irrelevant.
    4. Don't like it, dont play it.
    5. Not sure what needs fixing.
    6. Get better at attacking, some days are better than others.

  10. #20
    Forum Contender Martvol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Please explain why you should enjoy the full rewards fast, when you refuse to play a part of the game?

    If you don't participate in CWL, you woun't get any medals.

    If you don't attack other players to steal their resources, you woun't progress your own base very fast.

    If you don't play the game, you will never be able to play the game at the highest level. To this point, everything you mentioned used trops and builings from the game we started with. Builder Base, altough it uses the same app, is not the same game! Different troops, different buildings, different AI. I would wager that there are more people that play BB out of need then want. Supercell has numbers for people that log on and play, but they can not tell why. If there was no crossovers and help to the main base from finishing tasks and gear ups, it would be dropped really quickly by a lot of people.

    If you refuse to play Builder Base, you'll miss out on some challenge points..


    All of these statements are fact and not even disputable or unreasonable..


    You don't have a God Given right to be the stronges nor to get a participation reward, if you refuse to even participate. We paticipate, but it is our right to say we don't ike it!

    What is the world coming to? Is this what milllenials expect? I really, really don't understand this. More of the "sit down and shut up, I don't think you opinion matters" garbage. We have a right to speak our mind and will continue to do so.

    /Affront
    Response in bold.
    Last edited by Martvol; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •