Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: question about minimax...

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    You cannot build a single cannon TH11 from scratch today! - TRUE
    Are static historic single cannon TH11s a huge advantage in random wars today in 2019? - No, they aren't.
    They used to be very useful, post March 2016, but things have changed.

So I fail to see the issue or problem!
    Try to have a clan with only th10/9/8 and 2 or 3 minimax th11 and tell me if it's not a huge advantage

You cannot build a single cannon TH11 from scratch today! - TRUE
    Are static historic single cannon TH11s a huge advantage in random wars today in 2019? - No, they aren't.
    They used to be very useful, post March 2016, but things have changed.

Agreed, after being told for years how difficult it would be to fix the matchmaker flaws regarding the advantages of engineered bases could get and how fast they would find other loopholes. SuperCell has iteratively changed the matchmaking algo. It is in a much better state than it was years ago. Bad mismatching are pretty rare nowadays, before they were pretty common if you've been unlucky enough to match with them by chance. Some rosters have been very likely to match with engineers more often than not.

As discussed on lots of occasions , this 'war weight' = TH-1, is flawed. I'm a maxer, but all this would do is give maxers an advantage.
    Don't determine weight on the colour of a Town Hall, but on the true value of defences and offence that any given base has.

With reference to Minimax, it's weird. The Clash community seems to define this differently from other gaming genres.
    But hey....
    Why should SC ban offensively lopsided bases? (or defenceless or your version of minimax). Surely these players can 'adapt' anyway?

I understand what you mean. I was trying to imply that a total ban from war is generally a bad idea- while trying to show other ideas, which I did admit was flawed. I haven't seen any discussion on this, as i am new to the forum itself. So I haven't had a huge look around it.

I personally don't see a problem with engineered/ lopsided bases. I mean, we could also argue the opposite that people who rush shouldnt be allowed to play- it gives one side of the war a handicap. Everyone's play style is different. Before the gold pass update I was a maxer, but I believe that it would be a waste to get the gold pass and not have all builders active. As I only had troops left to max. As you said everyone just needs to adapt

A minimax account itself might get an easy match in a war, but I think there is a penalty war weight added to the clan in war matchmaking so the clan gets a harder matchup. I won’t use one in war and btw the minimax clans I had bookmarked are gone or inactive. I added defenses to mine a while ago.

Centennial Club

Yes they are. Our latest war had an engineered TH11 at the bottom (several low level defences, not just a single cannon). Its mirror was a TH7. No engineering whatsoever in our clan, not even anything approaching a .5

One of our TH9s had to dip to 3* the engineer.

Let me help you out:

• Unfair on our TH7: a reduced chance they can 3* and feel they are contributing to the war
    • Unfair on our TH9: forced to dip to get an easy 3* instead of challenging themselves with a matched attack
    • Unfair on our TH11s and TH12s: opponent gets more chances to scout / attack them

But who won the war lol?

Centennial Club
    you are not focusing the real problem. i don't want to discuss about minimax. i want to discuss that NOW you can't have one, but you can have one in the opposite clan. this is called "unfairplay"

Quote Originally Posted by rollo82 View Post
    you are not focusing the real problem. i don't want to discuss about minimax. i want to discuss that NOW you can't have one, but you can have one in the opposite clan. this is called "unfairplay"
    How exactly is supercell supposed to define what exactly a "minimax" base is? What criteria must be met in order to be banned from war? They can't just look at every individual base and decide if it's truly a "minimax", there has to be criteria and the game would determine if the account falls under that category. But I'd really hope supercell is spending their time a little more wisely than worrying about such a trivial non-issue.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 41 | AQ 44 | GW 15 |

Since the introduction of TH 12 and the requirement of having all defenses built to upgrade town hall, minimax/lopsided bases became mostly obsolete. They used to give a huge advantage as there was 1 more attack in the top. However, TH 11 all of a sudden was not the highest anymore, so now all they get is one extra attack at sub-top, which is hardly an advantage. TH 11 bases all get tripled before end of war anyway.

And then CWL came along, taking away even that diminished advantage: Just one attack per player, and a guaranteed triple on the lopsided base. So clan avoid taking these bases into CWL altogether, the final nail in the coffin of lopsided bases in war.

The only place left where these lopsided bases have an advantage, are wars without any TH 12 present. That is not something Supercell needs to cater to though: They have to look at the big picture where all levels are represented. If you are in a clan with no TH 12 players, either recruit them, rush an account to 12, or join a clan with a better TH spread.
    <gone>

There are a couple of better-known YouTube content creators running a series on "fix that engineer". The premise is that engineers are broken.

But some people bought into the idea that you must build defenses now. Some kept their engineers unchanged. Some built TH12 bases with all level one defensive structures.

I find the idea that someone who plays the game differently should be punished to be narrow minded. If someone plays the game differently, and it works, that makes them innovative, not criminal.

I am trying to figure a way to build an engineered builder base.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns