Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: question about minimax...

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    This is strongly league dependent. Engineered or extremely rushed bases are only a disadvantage in the more competetive part of the leagues. I would say from crystal I or master III upwards. So for a very small part of the participating clans they would be bad. For the other million clans there is nothing better you could do than stategically rush a couple of th12 alts and play cwl with them.
    Don't really see how this is good in the long run, sure rush a couple of accounts to 12, be strong in your current league perhaps gold 1. But being strong will just put you in a pool of clans that get xxx amount of stars with thier peers. You really gain nothing then having an account that can war 7 days of the month, since the rushed 12 will be a detriment the other 23 days for regular wars.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    This is strongly league dependent. Engineered or extremely rushed bases are only a disadvantage in the more competetive part of the leagues. I would say from crystal I or master III upwards. So for a very small part of the participating clans they would be bad. For the other million clans there is nothing better you could do than stategically rush a couple of th12 alts and play cwl with them.
    there's no location in any CWL tier where sandbagged defenses, or offenses for that matter, will help you. You would always, ALWAYS be better off with stronger or more defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Maumbo View Post
    After the th12 update was released, when we started to restructure the clan, our war weight approach to Clan Wars has worked incredibly well for us for a year and is continuing to work well for our sibling clan, Rising Flames (#28RY2QOGG).

However, Clan Wars notably changed once our 4 most active members in Falling Fire started to reach town hall 11. Then, as of almost 2 months ago, engineered towns started appearing like crazy. We have never experienced engineered towns in Clan Wars, to this large volume, prior to more of us reaching th11.

We will remove what is not working and stick to what is working still.

Thanks for the conversation.

Maumbo #PJPVQVQGV, co-leader/managing partner of Falling Fire. Keep the fire burning!

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12202159

your account is .5 right now. you're well into th11, mostly maxed walls, heroes almost maxed and it doesn't appear that you've dropped the fourth xbow or the EA. This is going to cause you to draw strong opponent bases and the other sandbagged accounts (i saw a couple of wars with 10s below 9s and 8s below 7s) you occasionally take in war will not help things. if everyone is building like you've built your base i would expect that you'll continue to see some engineered opponents.

your account is strong enough that you should be able to handle 11s with 4xbow and EA, so what benefit are you getting by not building them?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:42 PM.

Thanks for the conversation.

Quick update. Took a little over a week for our clan to make adjustments, thanks to cheap builder potions (really sucks builder pot costs are doubling in League shop in June update btw). When clan made up of team players, rather than lone wolves, we have become quite versatile.

Our clan has made adjustments I mentioned earlier....to build/upgrade specialty defense sooner than normal and we also now have 2 more th12s in the roster... these changes has made a big difference in matchmaking. ((specialties such as sweepers, bomTow, xbows, Infernos, EA, air defenses))

We are finally back to where we were in our matchmaking before we had alot of th11s.

Our Clan Wars matchmaking have very few (maybe 1 or 2), engineered th11s and sometimes zero engineered th11s.

Finally our th10s have a chance to defend in Clan Wars without all of them always being steam rolled by engineered th11s.

Finally back to fair "enough" matchmaking to make Clan Wars manageable.

Been fair for one clan war (before League season started) and for current war we just started...

Time will tell if holds up...

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I checked your information in cocp.it and looked through your last few wars. In my opinion, the reason you are running into more engineers is because your Th spread is too large and you appear to be low loading (a form of engineering).
    Green status members are always allowed to join wars, as long as they followed attack instructions. We do not do any weight loading with our town line up. If a member is green and follow instructions, then they should always be allowed to war. If you are green and follow instructions, then you war with us. Only fair way to do it.

We are not a clan that tries to load our roster with only th10s or only th11s or only th12s.

Falling Fire (#GP8LCQVC) will always accept a non-rushed town level 6 or higher, non-rushed th10s but lvl25 Queen or higher, non-rushed th11/12s but lvl30 Queen or higher.

I don't know this cocp.it ... but this interface appears to create way too many arm chair professionals, leading to biased conclusions, in this game about Clan Wars matchmaking.

Maumbo (#PJPVQVQGV), for anyone whom actually want to know.... rather than being biased by cocp.it
    Last edited by Maumbo; 5 Days Ago at 09:54 PM.

I continue to run 1 to 4 engineers as well as some x.5 accounts, ranging from 12 down to 8 and my experience is that we do not match engineers any more often than any other clan of our weight.

There is much good information on matching here in the forums. There are also a few false assumptions. Try it out and find what REALLY works for your clan.

Only thing I will say is that matching is very even, even for engineers.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I continue to run 1 to 4 engineers as well as some x.5 accounts, ranging from 12 down to 8 and my experience is that we do not match engineers any more often than any other clan of our weight.

There is much good information on matching here in the forums. There are also a few false assumptions. Try it out and find what REALLY works for your clan.

Only thing I will say is that matching is very even, even for engineers.

Makes sense since you capitalize on engineered towns, that is towns nobody can create.
    Last edited by Maumbo; 5 Days Ago at 10:05 PM.

Quick update. Took about 2~3 weeks for our clan to make adjustments, thanks to cheap builder potions (really sucks builder pot costs are doubling in League shop in June update btw). When clan made up of team players, rather than lone wolves, we have become quite versatile.

Our clan has made adjustments I mentioned earlier....to build/upgrade specialty defense sooner than normal and we also now have 2 more th12s in the roster... these changes has made a big difference in matchmaking. ((specialties such as sweepers, bomTow, xbows, Infernos, EA, air defenses))

We are finally back to where we were in our matchmaking before we had alot of th11s.

Our Clan Wars matchmaking have very few (maybe 1 or 2), engineered th11s and sometimes zero engineered th11s.

Finally our th10s have a chance to defend in Clan Wars without all of them always being steam rolled by engineered th11s.

Been fair for a few clan wars so far (before League season started) and for current war we just started...

Green status members are always allowed to join wars, as long as they followed attack instructions. We do not do any weight loading with our town line up. If a member is green and follow instructions, then they should always be allowed to war. If you are green and follow instructions, then you war with us. Only fair way to do it.

We are not a clan that tries to load our roster with only th10s or only th11s or only th12s.

Falling Fire (#GP8LCQVC) will always accept a non-rushed town level 6 or higher, non-rushed th10s but lvl25 Queen or higher, non-rushed th11/12s but lvl30 Queen or higher.

I don't know this cocp.it ... but this interface appears to create way too many arm chair professionals, leading to biased conclusions, in this game about Clan Wars matchmaking.

Maumbo (#PJPVQVQGV), for anyone whom actually want to know.... rather than being biased by cocp.it
    we have long waits for wars when we include th6 and 7 in our lineups and at times it produces tough wars, where our top ends up needing to dip resulting in less attacks for the higher level bases where the war is won or lost.

to be clear though, the mm doesn't care what you're trying to do. it's impossible to take intent into account... so regardless of your reasoning you either have to live with the results of the way you choose to run wars or tweak your lineup to try and fix it.

finally, not sure why the comments about cocp.it... is a great resource and can reveal much about what's going on with the mm if you spend the time to fill out the information it provides. much can be gleaned from it.

but since I'm on your "forum ignore list" you probably don't care.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 5 Days Ago at 10:01 PM.

Puma, I figure your post predictably says I am wrong.

Fact is, our towns changed and so the match making change. Simple. Simply means, town builds impact matchmaking.

Puma, I simply look at the matchmaking as it is, not as I want to see it...

...and so we change as a clan accordingly as the matchmaking system changes. Yes, the matchmaking system changes according to how town's build, otherwise there would be zero need to stop the creation of engineered towns in the th12 update and would be no need to "revamp" the algorithm as I have been told has been done from in-game support staff.

This is my last response to you on any thread, Puma.

Forum Veteran
    Quick update. Took a little over a week for our clan to make adjustments, thanks to cheap builder potions (really sucks builder pot costs are doubling in League shop in June update btw). When clan made up of team players, rather than lone wolves, we have become quite versatile.

Been fair for one clan war (before League season started) and for current war we just started...

Not quite sure why you believe cocp.it somehow makes me biased. The only thing I was looking at is what THs you were taking to war. i applaud you including all who are set to green, we do the same. That being said, from a MM perspective what you and I do happens to look exactly like low-loading and the MM matches based on that. i am glad you have made some changes and it appears to be working for you.

Not everyone on here is trying to demonize you by the way. There are a lot of very smart folks here and insulting them because you disagree or believe they have slighted you in some way doesnt make them more willing to offer you sound advice. it costs folks nothing to keep their attitudes in check here and oftentimes helps.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 5 Days Ago at 12:01 AM.