Thread: New active defence idea!

Fresh Spawn

New active defence idea!

Hi Clashers - an idea I floated with Supercell - they suggested I post it here to see what the feedback is like: Basically, when your base is being attacked, you get the opportunity to tap/ deploy a ‘fog of war’ defence that obscures the attackers view of your base, or some of it, for a short time. It means defence is not 100% passive and if you are quick you can join in with your base’s defence! 😈

Above the world, dropping wizards everywhere.
    I think this would be a good idea, but I think it may be ruled out. You should check the rules out list.

If not though, I support this 100%, so +1

Fresh Spawn
    No reason it couldn’t be done - would be great fun reacting to ‘your base is under attack’ 😮

I think this would be a good idea, but I think it may be ruled out. You should check the rules out list.

If not though, I support this 100%, so +1

Quote Originally Posted by DK1000 View Post
    No reason it couldn’t be done ....
    While I believe it cannot be done, without a complete and total rework of the framework.

Player concurrency (actively defending a base, or having two or more players actively attacking the same base) has been suggested in the past. Several of us (based upon observational data) have concluded that their framework does not support concurrancy. For example, when you observe an attack "live", it is not a live spectating of the battle, which is why they always label them as "live replay". The server is building a replay in realtime, based upon events reported from the attacker's device where the actual battle is taking place.

So with the framework they have in place, trying to defend while spectating an attack upon your base is like throwing a shoe at a TV while watching a "live" telecast, and expecting the actors on screen to react!
    Last edited by rowman; May 14th, 2019 at 09:09 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Lol - thx for the detailed reply, that’s a pity...

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    While I believe it cannot be done, without a complete and total rework of the framework.

Player concurrency (actively defending a base, or having two or more players actively attacking the same base) has been suggested in the past. Several of us (based upon observational data) have concluded that their framework does not support concurrancy. For example, when you observe an attack "live", it is not a live spectating of the battle, which is why they always label them as "live replay". The server is building a replay in realtime, based upon events reported from the attacker's device where the actual battle is taking place.

So with the framework they have in place, trying to defend while spectating an attack upon your base is like throwing a shoe at a TV while watching a "live" telecast, and expecting the actors on screen to react!
    The delay that you are talking about, is it done on purpose? Or is it just because the server can't handle it so fast? If it's the first one, SC could change it so this idea would work.

Quote Originally Posted by That Little Trophy View Post
    The delay that you are talking about, is it done on purpose? Or is it just because the server can't handle it so fast? If it's the first one, SC could change it so this idea would work.
    Not talking about a delay issue at all (but yes, there is a delay). What I am talking about .....

The battle itself is not taking place on the server (where you are connected and watching the "live replay"). Rather, it is taking place on my device and reporting blow by blow back to the server (so the replay can be constructed).

In order to have concurrency, you must first have both parties at the same place at the same time. Many games do support concurrency because their framework was constructed to support it to begin with.
    Last edited by rowman; May 15th, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    Ahhhh - just build a new framework and we are there 🙂

“Many games do support concurrency because their framework was constructed to support it to begin with.”

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DK1000 View Post
    Ahhhh - just build a new framework and we are there 🙂

“Many games do support concurrency because their framework was constructed to support it to begin with.”
    You are asking supercell to rebuild the entire game from the ground up. Why would they do that? You are asking basically for pvp. Download clash royale or use your builder base if that's what you want. And the builder base essentually is its own game they built from the ground up, just added it to the main game. Also any game that has the concurrency to do what you suggest are games where both players, or more depending on the game, are all there at the games start. Thats not possible in clash of clans. What other game can you name that gives you a notification of an invasion or a "hey! Youre being attacked would you like to join and defend?" In the middle of something allready in progress? And i am talking about mobile games, not something like a ps4 or Xbox. Those are much higher complex games on a more powerful system. Essentially what you are asking with how the game is meant to work isnt possible without rebuilding the entire game and taking up much more space.
    Last edited by bobkoch1984; May 16th, 2019 at 02:21 AM.

Somehow I like your idea here, but as others said this have been ruled out.

However, for me it's extremely rare that I can open coc fast enough just after I received notifications that I'm under attack. Furthermore, it's also not good if you are forced to hold your phone all the time so you can defend interactively.