Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is it time to start pushing to legend in anticipation of Blue Skies?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is it time to start pushing to legend in anticipation of Blue Skies?

I've intentionally avoided the clouds for much of my time in this game. Lately with all the activity in the game that has meant hovering around Titan 2/3. With project blue skies on the horizon, I'm thinking of starting my push to legends. I'd like to be there by the time the update arrives. Have you thought through when you'll start to climb? What are your thoughts?

I'm slowly headed that way.

Thanks to DragonX101 for the awesome sig!

|STATS|

Have you previously completed a season in Legends (already have the profile banner)?

My reasoning: We have no indication of what changes Blue Skies will bring, except for its stated goal of "reduced clouding" We do not know if the .outcome will make trophy gains easier, or more difficult (even without clouds). Do not assume that Blue Skies will simply reduce clouding, without impacting how trophies are gained.

So if you have never pushed to Legends, yet want the banner, I suggest do it now. Worst case is that Blue Skies makes pushing easier, so it was for naught. But, if Blue Skies makes pushing harder, you may end up regretting that you did not push under the current system.

I myself have been in Legends before, and like many others, then left after a few seasons due to clouding. I too am slowly climbing back (currently in T1). Not because of Blue Skies, but rather as a maxed out player, started pushing again only to give me a motivator to play.
    Last edited by rowman; May 13th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Have you previously completed a season in Legends (already have the profile banner)?

My reasoning: We have no indication of what changes Blue Skies will bring, except for its stated goal of "reduced clouding" We do not know if the .outcome will make trophy gains easier, or more difficult (even without clouds). Do not assume that Blue Skies will simply reduce clouding, without impacting how trophies are gained.

So if you have never pushed to Legends, yet want the banner, I suggest do it now. Worst case is that Blue Skies makes pushing easier, so it was for naught. But, if Blue Skies makes pushing harder, you may end up regretting that you did not push under the current system.

I myself have been in Legends before, and like many others, then left after a few seasons due to clouding. I too am slowly climbing back (currently in T1). Not because of Blue Skies, but rather as a maxed out player, started pushing again only to give me a motivator to play.

Very sage advice - we do not know what iteration the new "Blue Skies" will take; what is known that there will be a whole lot of people who support it and a whole bunch that will not (such is the way of the forum).
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |

From what was said so far we may conclude that there will be a sharp transition in the trophy system between Titan I and legends league. Titan and below might remain in the current ladder system, clouds might be getting slightly worse there. We will see it soon.

starting to push all of my accounts as I max heroes and walls for them. 4 out of 9 so far lol

I pushed up to legends a month ago because of that, and will stay up here till obs arrives.

Clouds in titans can get worse, too, because so many active players there may want to push further to legends...

I wanna be part of the new system from the start, and not have to grind my way up through titans first...

I am in Legends now since there is nothing else to do (fully maxed TH12 with some major resource overflow).

If you have anything to upgrade, I would stay lower - otherwise it may be a long time before you get enough loot to max out.

I have not heard an estimated OBS rollout date lately, but would appreciate some feedback if anyone knows.

ETA: just saw Darian's note on first half this year. Nevermind the feedback....
    Last edited by Corgzilla; May 13th, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

I won't push untill they release the date of clear skies.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I won't push untill they release the date of clear skies.
    I think it might be unlikely they release a date this time after what happened in the last update.