Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legends is a Changin'

Centennial Club

Legends is a Changin'

So I'm starting to push to legends again ahead of the new update. I was thinking about it and knowing people, someone's going to complain. Who do you think will complain and how will it change the current regime? When I was there I was working full time and about once an hour I'd attack. I don't think I could get away with that if there's no clouds so it actually might be harder for some people to get there. Are only the dedicated going to prevail? I think the complainers will be the players with multiple accounts pushing at the same time and picking up the device that had an open base. We want to solve the problem but will it create more?

I think it'll largely depend on the change they make that lessens the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Enceladus View Post
    So I'm starting to push to legends again ahead of the new update. I was thinking about it and knowing people, someone's going to complain. Who do you think will complain and how will it change the current regime? When I was there I was working full time and about once an hour I'd attack. I don't think I could get away with that if there's no clouds so it actually might be harder for some people to get there. Are only the dedicated going to prevail? I think the complainers will be the players with multiple accounts pushing at the same time and picking up the device that had an open base. We want to solve the problem but will it create more?
    Perhaps a little pre-mature to assess as we have yet to see what the change will be - but be sure, as with many posts on the forum, there will be those that support it and those that do not. Nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion and certainly I would not "label" those with divergent views as "complainers".
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |

Forum Contender
    Unless the change includes a change to shield/village guard, I don't think the new change will impact players who can hit once an hour, you'll still have to wait for troops to cook and heroes to regen. I'm in the attack once in a while at work category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Finally I would like to thank the lock on the toilet door. You are the reason I am here, the ying to my yang, my Clash buddy, my soul-mate. You have always been there when I needed to raid, when I needed to empty my collector and when I needed to turn down the sound and then finish with a distraction flush despite the fact that I didn't even sit down.

There is no way the change will satisfy everyone. I enjoy legends now, so I'm a bit worried. On the one hand, it could be a lot better. On the other hand, it could always be worse. I suspect overall the change will be liked by more than it will be disliked, but with a few details here and there that could be improved.

Also, there is a big difference between those who want to "get there" like you referenced and those who play higher in legends and really trophy push, so that might impact their opinions.
    Last edited by 2222; May 30th, 2019 at 02:48 AM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

You 'know' what the 'changes'/update is going to be then? I'm thinking just like you. .. 'someone's going to complain', which is like a really big gaping open door waiting to be kicked in - or not .

I'll wait for the update to drop, not sure why the repeat is necessary.

If someone has a difference of opinion it does not make them a complainer.. it purely means they have an opinion and that opinion should be respected as you would want yours to be.

many people are waiting for Blue Skies with trepidation as the unknown is always a little scary and as humans we often struggle with change. Personally, in the past, i have been very vocal with regards to my opinions about past changes and when good i have said well done.. but when its bad (imo) i have been equally vocal...

Now, i have realised that there is really no point in moaning about it as by the time it gets to us as sneak peaks/info then its already been agreed and whatever we say wont change diddly... so i just go with the flow now.

Happy Clashing and dont let clash give u wrinkles!

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    If someone has a difference of opinion it does not make them a complainer.. it purely means they have an opinion and that opinion should be respected as you would want yours to be.
    Indeed. It's when they take that opinion to a forum like this one and complain about it not being followed that makes them a complainer.

Honestly the only change that could present a problem for me is if I will have to sit down in front of the iPad for long durations in order to compete for the top. The passive nature of the clouds has worked well for many who like going about their day instead of grinding raids over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    Honestly the only change that could present a problem for me is if I will have to sit down in front of the iPad for long durations in order to compete for the top. The passive nature of the clouds has worked well for many who like going about their day instead of grinding raids over and over again.
    That would be a problem for me too. People talk about legends players as having no life and staring at the screen all day, but it is actually the opposite. I don't have an hour straight to sit down and play. I do have the ability to have a device searching and play for a couple minutes every hour or even less.

One of the main things I would be disappointed with would be something that ruins the legends trophies accumulated prior to the change (well, pay-to-win also would be terrible but I'm confident that won't happen).
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.