Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWL is really causing problems for my clan,not requesting help just pointing out prob

Centennial Club

CWL is really causing problems for my clan,not requesting help just pointing out prob

I am a member of a very solid war clan , we have been going for several years and warring none stop day on day week on week . We have been high up in top UK clan list many times but since CWL was introduced and very quickly became all about max th12s, we set up a new clan just for th11s and lower so they could enjoy the CWL week .

Now we we have a th12 clan of 20 plus and a CWL group of 20 plus and the desire to reform as our original clan is happening less and less .

As as a result we as a clan are getting further apart one th11 just went th12 and wants to quit straight away as the reality of going th12 upset his game experience so much .

We as a clan are now fragmented and I can really see a day when we die out simply because of the poorly thought out introduction of cwls .

you match a bunch of clans but place no weighting on th lvl or constraints on the actual number of such th lvls each war config so everyone simply puts there strongest th 12s out each war leaving the rest of the clan to simple become supporters or observers.

For me CWL is both fun and frustrating for us at th12 but it is also slowly killing the consept of mixed th lvl clans altogether unless you are a purely th12 clan. ( which I belive it was originally design for )

So for any negative feedback guys , we have adapted we have moved on but by doing so I feel the whole clan experience is becoming diluted and less fun . One last thing , yes we could just not do CWL sessions but I guess by the nature of us all from th9 to th 12 we just love a good fight so want to take part . ( and win )

Quote Originally Posted by IAMGROOT1 View Post
    I am a member of a very solid war clan , we have been going for several years and warring none stop day on day week on week . We have been high up in top UK clan list many times but since CWL was introduced and very quickly became all about max th12s, we set up a new clan just for th11s and lower so they could enjoy the CWL week .

Now we we have a th12 clan of 20 plus and a CWL group of 20 plus and the desire to reform as our original clan is happening less and less .

As as a result we as a clan are getting further apart one th11 just went th12 and wants to quit straight away as the reality of going th12 upset his game experience so much .

We as a clan are now fragmented and I can really see a day when we die out simply because of the poorly thought out introduction of cwls .

you match a bunch of clans but place no weighting on th lvl or constraints on the actual number of such th lvls each war config so everyone simply puts there strongest th 12s out each war leaving the rest of the clan to simple become supporters or observers.

For me CWL is both fun and frustrating for us at th12 but it is also slowly killing the consept of mixed th lvl clans altogether unless you are a purely th12 clan. ( which I belive it was originally design for )

So for any negative feedback guys , we have adapted we have moved on but by doing so I feel the whole clan experience is becoming diluted and less fun . One last thing , yes we could just not do CWL sessions but I guess by the nature of us all from th9 to th 12 we just love a good fight so want to take part . ( and win )
    I think you are trying to tie way too much to CWL. One of your clan mates doesn't like th12. That has little to do with CWL other than the fact that he upgraded to th12. Was he planning to just stay permanently at th11? I don't think SC gets much from players that perma-max and instead wants to encourage players to upgrade. As for the putting in the strongest, I do agree with that. My own clan has a different roster for regular war compared to CWL. We have some players that are allowed in one but not the other. They work on their heroes and in general scale back a bit when we are doing the one they can't take part in. Overall, though, we like both. If we didn't, we would just stick with regular war. If your clan loves regular war so much and dislikes CWL have you tried just sticking with regular war?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

League gives our other members a chance to gain a couple levels or one level on heroes before Clan Wars. Once we know our position is secure without demotion, then we rotate others members into League to win stars since, at this point, losing has no impact.

Absolutely love how the star medals are distributed, but improvement on bonus freedom is lacking.

Quite odd faulting League for a clan's break down. This break down is due to poor communication, not League.

Otherwise, do as some other hardcore Clans, splinter into 2 or 3 Clans during League then reform for Clan Wars.

War wieght has never bothered us since we strongly encourage our members to build with a specific purpose to be good in war.

We strive to stay in Gold 1 since it helps the most members in our clan. We can go/stay in Crystal 3, but only would help a handful of members for just a 2~4% increased of medals. So, not worth for us to be promoted.

Iamgroot1, focus on a goal good for your clan rather than fighting for the top. Then, you will find your way to the top, eventually.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; May 13th, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Forum Elder
    I can sympathise IAMGROOT.
    Only, for us, its not splitting and reforming, simply the fact that growing an account is far easier than growing skill.
    We started cwl as a means of allowing those that dont make the war roster to see some action.
    Trouble is, with all the free goodies that are constantly being dished out, there isnt a single friendly challenge being done, nor is there anybody trying out a new strat to go with the bolstered weight being done whilst raiding.

I do feel SC are putting too much out there now. The game is gonna be full of big accounts soon, and a big percentage of those account holders arent going to have a clue what to do with them.

Our clan hasnt done a regular spin for 5 or 6 weeks now, and when random war is mentioned, it tends to be met either with a wall of silence, or that heroes are down. I have my doubts we could win a war now. Last war was our 3rd defeat on the bounce, first time it ever happened. But I would still like to know how we stand.

need to drop the "we like to win" mindset tho mate. Just doesnt happen with cwl, unless you are one of those elite max 12 clans.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I can sympathise IAMGROOT.
    Only, for us, its not splitting and reforming, simply the fact that growing an account is far easier than growing skill.
    We started cwl as a means of allowing those that dont make the war roster to see some action.
    Trouble is, with all the free goodies that are constantly being dished out, there isnt a single friendly challenge being done, nor is there anybody trying out a new strat to go with the bolstered weight being done whilst raiding.

I do feel SC are putting too much out there now. The game is gonna be full of big accounts soon, and a big percentage of those account holders arent going to have a clue what to do with them.

Our clan hasnt done a regular spin for 5 or 6 weeks now, and when random war is mentioned, it tends to be met either with a wall of silence, or that heroes are down. I have my doubts we could win a war now. Last war was our 3rd defeat on the bounce, first time it ever happened. But I would still like to know how we stand.

need to drop the "we like to win" mindset tho mate. Just doesnt happen with cwl, unless you are one of those elite max 12 clans.
    Wouldn't that make it even more important to war then? There is no substitute for war, raiding is just not the same. You could do clan mails asking people to update war buttons and give advance notice so they could manage their hero upgrade times.

It sounds like you are afraid to lose and the only way through that is to push through and war more.

You could also not upgrade, or even some take the opportunity to start an account anew and fight at those lower TH levels. Why is everyone so hell bent on reaching max 12?

You know, if you are experiencing this, then other clans are too so if you gain experience then you are ahead of the game.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Wouldn't that make it even more important to war then? There is no substitute for war, raiding is just not the same. You could do clan mails asking people to update war buttons and give advance notice so they could manage their hero upgrade times.

It sounds like you are afraid to lose and the only way through that is to push through and war more.

You could also not upgrade, or even some take the opportunity to start an account anew and fight at those lower TH levels. Why is everyone so hell bent on reaching max 12?

You know, if you are experiencing this, then other clans are too so if you gain experience then you are ahead of the game.
    Going max 12 has many reasons but I will speak for myself. I realized early on that the only way to be beyond the reach of the optimizers was to be full max. i set that as a goal many years ago and worked my way there over time. SC helped a ton by making permamaxxing less effective and advertising hard that everyone would want to be TH12. Looks like it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Going max 12 has many reasons but I will speak for myself. I realized early on that the only way to be beyond the reach of the optimizers was to be full max. i set that as a goal many years ago and worked my way there over time. SC helped a ton by making permamaxxing less effective and advertising hard that everyone would want to be TH12. Looks like it worked.
    For me, I have my max 12 and it has been at a high level for a very long time so maybe I'm used to it. So many complain that they have nothing to do at max 12 but I enjoy it because I can use him to donate everything to everyone. I war with my beautiful blue base quite often because I want to sharpen my skills and a max defense TH12 is quite useful but I love all of my alts for different reasons.

CWL, Clan Games, farming and events are a means of base building for regular clan wars. Optimization within regular wars is one of the purest forms of strategy, a clan mate once said "If I could win 99% of wars, I would ask how I could win that 1%"
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Veteran
    For me, I have my max 12 and it has been at a high level for a very long time so maybe I'm used to it. So many complain that they have nothing to do at max 12 but I enjoy it because I can use him to donate everything to everyone. I war with my beautiful blue base quite often because I want to sharpen my skills and a max defense TH12 is quite useful but I love all of my alts for different reasons.

CWL, Clan Games, farming and events are a means of base building for regular clan wars. Optimization within regular wars is one of the purest forms of strategy, a clan mate once said "If I could win 99% of wars, I would ask how I could win that 1%"
    I would agree with everything you just posted with only one addition to your last sentence “ If I could win 99% of wars against equals, I would still ask how i could win that 1%.

I do understand your view that it is the purest form of strategy, I happen to disagree which is why I chose to put myself on fully equal footing to negate that strategy. no animosity at all here, I took the world as is and took the advice given often here...I adapted and am trying to get more gud.

To bring it back to the OPs original post, I wouldnt abandon CWL. The medals are good, the development is good and most importantly the experience of warring without a safety-net is good experience. We choose to stay together as a team and dropped from M1 down to M2 with our starting roster of a half dozen TH12s some elevens and down to TH9. We sit now solid in M2 with a dozen TH12 and lots of 11s and 10s and a couple of 9s. We win better than 50% now and I expect in a couple seasons we will move back up. CWL kind of forces development and forces learning, I dont view that as a bad thing.
    Last edited by Tosti111; May 14th, 2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I would agree with everything you just posted with only one addition to your last sentence “ If I could win 99% of wars against equals, I would still ask how i could win that 1%.

I do understand your view that it is the purest form of strategy, I happen to disagree which is why I chose to put myself on fully equal footing to negate that strategy. no animosity at all here, I took the world as is and took the advice given often here...I adapted and am trying to get more gud.

To bring it back to the OPs original post, I wouldnt abandon CWL. The medals are good, the development is good and most importantly the experience of warring without a safety-net is good experience. We choose to stay together as a team and dropped from M1 down to M2 with our starting roster of a half dozen TH12s some elevens and down to TH9. We sit now solid in M2 with a dozen TH12 and lots of 11s and 10s and a couple of 9s. We win better than 50% now and I expect in a couple seasons we will move back up. CWL kind of forces development and forces learning, I dont view that as a bad thing.
    For the OP myself, I would probably balance the teams with a focus on players who need it the most. Why do you need to fight with all max 12's if you don't need it? help out the bros instead in the lower clan.

M2 with that roster is very gud, but how could it be better?

As much as I hate on CWL, the base strategy aspect is quite interesting and I want to help clan mates make gud bases.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Elder
    For the OP myself, I would probably balance the teams with a focus on players who need it the most. Why do you need to fight with all max 12's if you don't need it? help out the bros instead in the lower clan.

M2 with that roster is very gud, but how could it be better?

As much as I hate on CWL, the base strategy aspect is quite interesting and I want to help clan mates make gud bases.
    Difference is tho mate, they are looking to push, whereas you look to farm.
    I tend to think being over competitive takes the fun out of it tho. It becomes all about the winning, rather than enjoying the game.
    Even to the point where even winning brings no joy, its simply war, win, move onto the next one, until it almost seems like a job.

Sorry if i gave the impression the clan were afraid to war.. The interest simply isnt there.
    Most of the clan are typical casual, in that they request.. disappear.. attack.. disappear.

But since the April cwl season finished, there is nobody doing anything except completing the daily tasks, and using the gold pass to speed up progression. There are plenty of troop requests, but not a lot of chat. Even cwl was slow last season, but that could be because the oppo rosters were heavier than previously.

I am in the process of building up the mini's in the alt clan. But since I decided to hang around, I would like to see things come alive again.
    And just like OP, I feel the clan mood is hinging on cwl.

So far as going to max 12.. If the clan is only going to do cwl, then there is little reason to do anything else.
    A big chunk of the success in cwl is reliant on the roster weight.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 14th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.