Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CWL is really causing problems for my clan,not requesting help just pointing out prob

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Difference is tho mate, they are looking to push, whereas you look to farm.
    I tend to think being over competitive takes the fun out of it tho. It becomes all about the winning, rather than enjoying the game.
    Even to the point where even winning brings no joy, its simply war, win, move onto the next one, until it almost seems like a job.
    Not fun to forge new ground and every war is for keeps? Alliances being forged with dangers and pitfalls around every bend?

It really depends on what you want in a clan and have goals. I also fight in wars with 5-7 TH12s and I am #1 on the map, another clan mate has his main in an all max 12 clan in Champs 1, others have their own clans or are part of the underground network of clans.

It's a whole different world but the most annoying part is that we play our wars legit and would be higher ranked in the world if SuperCell did something about all the self-matching clans.

Sorry if i gave the impression the clan were afraid to war.. The interest simply isnt there.
    Most of the clan are typical casual, in that they request.. disappear.. attack.. disappear.

But since the April cwl season finished, there is nobody doing anything except completing the daily tasks, and using the gold pass to speed up progression. There are plenty of troop requests, but not a lot of chat. Even cwl was slow last season, but that could be because the oppo rosters were heavier than previously.

I am in the process of building up the mini's in the alt clan. But since I decided to hang around, I would like to see things come alive again.
    And just like OP, I feel the clan mood is hinging on cwl.

So far as going to max 12.. If the clan is only going to do cwl, then there is little reason to do anything else.
    A big chunk of the success in cwl is reliant on the roster weight.
    It seems like you are at odds with the direction of the clan, if they are doing those tasks and gold pass then it shouldn't be too long before you have a bunch of max 12s and could really push in CWL.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:27 PM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

I think OP clan started off with the right idea splitting to get more involved in CWL and earning medals. Building a strong clan top to bottom is a fine goal! Seems if there is less will to reform as one big clan each season that would fall on leadership. What is being done to motivate everyone to move as appropriate? Are clan mail sent directing everyone where to go? Are follow ups made with stragglers? What happens when everyone falls in line and gets back together?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    I think OP clan started off with the right idea splitting to get more involved in CWL and earning medals. Building a strong clan top to bottom is a fine goal! Seems if there is less will to reform as one big clan each season that would fall on leadership. What is being done to motivate everyone to move as appropriate? Are clan mail sent directing everyone where to go? Are follow ups made with stragglers? What happens when everyone falls in line and gets back together?
    Have seen this in so many threads. The clan splits for legitimate reasons, then eventually they end up with separate identities.

I think the best way around this, would be if the alt clan were "governed" by the leadership of the main one. This way, the bond of loyalty would not shift. It would also allow the alt to be cleared back to the main as soon as cwl was over, thus ensuring that no identity crisis can develop

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    It seems like you are at odds with the direction of the clan, if they are doing those tasks and gold pass then it shouldn't be too long before you have a bunch of max 12s and could really push in CWL.
    You nailed that one mate. i have had issues with clan direction for some time.
    I gave up leadership an age ago now, in preparation of change.
    But life got in the way for now, so a restart is not foremost in my mind.
    It will be a pity if the chapter was to end, so I am enduring. I enjoy cwl week, which is enough for now.

But maybe dabbling with roster engineering is still in the sub conscious, or maybe it actually is the knowledge of knowing those rapidly expanding accounts will draw opponents that are far superior, as you suggested.

Either or, but disregarding weight gain is bad for regular spin, unless the account is being worked in war. On that we totally agree
    As for gaining those heavy 12s, I agree again. But heaven help us in a weighted match once they are. CWL or a red log is not a great option, but I feel it is out of my hands with the guys. I have certainly been vocal enough with the warnings.
    Time will tell its story mate.

Have seen this in so many threads. The clan splits for legitimate reasons, then eventually they end up with separate identities.

I think the best way around this, would be if the alt clan were "governed" by the leadership of the main one. This way, the bond of loyalty would not shift. It would also allow the alt to be cleared back to the main as soon as cwl was over, thus ensuring that no identity crisis can develop

It will be a pity if the chapter was to end, so I am enduring. I enjoy cwl week, which is enough for now.

But maybe dabbling with roster engineering is still in the sub conscious, or maybe it actually is the knowledge of knowing those rapidly expanding accounts will draw opponents that are far superior, as you suggested.

Either or, but disregarding weight gain is bad for regular spin, unless the account is being worked in war. On that we totally agree
    As for gaining those heavy 12s, I agree again. But heaven help us in a weighted match once they are. CWL or a red log is not a great option, but I feel it is out of my hands with the guys. I have certainly been vocal enough with the warnings.
    My goodness. Lose a war? It happens to half the clans in every random spin. We've given up the playing the matchmaker game. We just try to keep our bases reasonably balanced. We spin with whoever is available. We win some, lose some. C'est le guerre. Life goes on.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Yes I agree with this, if you have an alt clan it should be run with the same leadership as the main clan and more importantly have it's own function, having it's own identity is not a bad thing but the clans need to be an extension of each other. Some players only war in one of either clans, while others war in both at the same time. Our great leader is like the Yoda of engineering and has leader in the main clan on his TH3 and runs the alt clan while I and a few others run the main clan. Our alt clan was established around the same time as the main clan long before I joined, I'd have to ask which one came first. Running the clans is really not much work when everyone is on the same page.

We have clans we only use for CWL and the leadership comes together and we send out clan mails of who is going where each CWL. Actually when I say leadership I really mean it's the clans going "Major, whats the plan for CWL?" lol

The CWL update actually made the splitting part much easier since I no longer need to juggle like 4 clans, and which ones will drop etc. I can just do 2 clans with a clan mail, and a follow up mail for the stragglers.

Everyone has the choice of doing CWL with any and as many accounts they want regardless of TH. At the end of CWL everyone moves back and we carry on with every CWL planning the following CWL.

I was in a family clan once and it was only me who thought of my effect on war with many inactive people that wouldn't be kicked and what I'd say would fall on deaf ears. I eventually left and bounced around until I found a clan where everyone was like me and the leader would go through calculators, and message creators of them asking in depth questions in order to learn more.

You could just war with a few people, set a date for spin in a clan mail with a followup reminder close to spin time, it's just 2 attacks but if you like doing just CWL that's cool too. I think whatever you want your clan to be, you should be aligned in that goal otherwise it will cause strife.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:50 PM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    My goodness. Lose a war? It happens to half the clans in every random spin. We've given up the playing the matchmaker game. We just try to keep our bases reasonably balanced. We spin with whoever is available. We win some, lose some. C'est le guerre. Life goes on.
    And in that there is no problem.
    The problem comes when its lose some, lose some more.
    The top 2 in the roster went to 11, and the obvious teething problems started for new hall. The struggle to adjust to new attacking requirements.
    trouble is, the attacks didnt change.. and that was 2 cwl's ago.
    Since then, the accounts have continued to grow, and nothing has moved on attack strategy.

So for cwl, bigger is better, for random spin bigger is better opposition. Balanced is fine, so long as using a strat that can compete is being learned as part of the natural growth.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMGROOT1 View Post
    (...) We as a clan are now fragmented and I can really see a day when we die out simply because of the poorly thought out introduction of cwls .

(...) So for any negative feedback guys , we have adapted we have moved on but by doing so I feel the whole clan experience is becoming diluted and less fun . One last thing , yes we could just not do CWL sessions but I guess by the nature of us all from th9 to th 12 we just love a good fight so want to take part . ( and win )
    That is the point imho. Quit CWL if it breaks your clan. Just do normal wars, where your TH12 can have their fair share of challenge anyway.

You can't blame SC for giving new content to the game. Just enjoy it if you (individually and as a clan) like it. Ignore it if you wish. That's up to you. Same exact thing as the BB. Play it if you want. Let it be overwhelmedd by bush and trees if you don't :-).