Thread: Interesting war match

New Bloke/Chick

Interesting war match

I have avoided starting wars when possible since the days when engineering was running rampant. I have heard some positive things about war mm on the forums recently, specifically a conversation between 2222 and noctaire . So I thought ok Iíll try spinning the wheel and see how much things have improved .
    I spun a 20v20, 2 th10ís, 7 th9ís, 7 th8ís, 4 th7ís. The match was almost perfect except for a big difference at the number 1 spot.
    our top two in war are almost maxed th10ís, their #2 an almost maxed th10. Their #1 however a th11.
    only miners and electric dragon and wizards maxed for th11 other troop are mainly still lvl 1.
    Lvl 4 infernos, xbows, lvl 2 eagle, lvl 9 air defense. Archers towers, canons, mortars and wizard towers are only max for Th8ís.
    The fact that a th11 can stomp a th10 with electric dragons indicates they will most likely have a perfect war.
    kudos to them for still finding a way to manipulate the system.
    Unfortunately my experience is the match maker shows me that there are still clans out there manipulating the system and nothing has really changed.
    Anyway just wanted to share my experience of giving clan war another go.
    I probably should have mentioned heroes, king 21, queen 28, gw 8
    Last edited by Beefenclog42; May 12th, 2019 at 06:07 AM.

Forum Elder
    Unfortunately, this is a drawback for those clans that insist on completely maxing their levels. Especially once the account is reaching max for level.
    For many, it is almost at Obsessive Compulsive Disorder levels.
    Strategic upgrading has always, and will always, be a way of gaining prep day advantage, as you have discovered.

I appreciate you are not one of those that cry foul when these match ups occur, but many do. They insist it is the only way to play, even calling it "fair play" lol.
    Even with the build all policy in place, it just shows the system is not infallible.
    Good luck with your war beefenclog.

As a foot note. Maybe this thread should be linked to the "No Matching In CWL" thread, as a warning to those that think weighted matches are "fair" matches.
    Their #1 has an account that is superior for both regular and cwl options, due to the way it is "weighting" within the system, so well done to him (rather than carrying a maxed 10).

But before everyone decides to build one of their own, it needs to be realised that the MMA only matches clans that appear close enough to create that war. That optimised 11 may indeed help gain his clan a full 11 in the oppo ranks next time, dependant on the rest of their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    I have avoided starting wars when possible since the days when engineering was running rampant. I have heard some positive things about war mm on the forums recently, specifically a conversation between 2222 and noctaire . So I thought ok I’ll try spinning the wheel and see how much things have improved .
    I spun a 20v20, 2 th10’s, 7 th9’s, 7 th8’s, 4 th7’s. The match was almost perfect except for a big difference at the number 1 spot.
    our top two in war are almost maxed th10’s, their #2 an almost maxed th10. Their #1 however a th11.
    only miners and electric dragon and wizards maxed for th11 other troop are mainly still lvl 1.
    Lvl 4 infernos, xbows, lvl 2 eagle, lvl 9 air defense. Archers towers, canons, mortars and wizard towers are only max for Th8’s.
    The fact that a th11 can stomp a th10 with electric dragons indicates they will most likely have a perfect war.
    kudos to them for still finding a way to manipulate the system.
    Unfortunately my experience is the match maker shows me that there are still clans out there manipulating the system and nothing has really changed.
    Anyway just wanted to share my experience of giving clan war another go.
    I probably should have mentioned heroes, king 21, queen 28, gw 8
    That will still happen from time to time and the chance of it happening increase with having max or close to max halls at the top of your roster that aren't th12. Hopefully my comments that the war matchmaker has greatly improved didn't lead you into a terrible war. Good luck!
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.