Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farming Dark Elixir in Master League - TH9 and TH10

Farming Dark Elixir in Master League - TH9 and TH10

With this method I have just about reached 5 Million Heroic Heist(Dark Elixir farmed).

The build time is longer and the bases are tougher but the loot is higher.

This method will profit on Gold and Elixir as well but only enough to barely keep builders busy, therefore this is only recommended to those looking for dark elixir primarily.

It takes a lot of practice to get right. You may not do well at first.

Good luck.
    Last edited by BonbeeTyrael; December 21st, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
    "I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "Will you give me your name?"
    "My name is Tyrael."
    BonbeeIsACat - The original farmer.

What you need:
    Level 6 Balloons
    Level 4+ Minions(5 very recommended)
    Level 5+ Lightning
    Level 5 Rage

Troop ratio:
    20 Balloons : 60-70 Minions is what I use
    16 Balloons : 70-80 Minions seems weak
    24 Balloons : 50-60 Minions is strong but takes 8 minutes longer per raid

Clan Castle:
    Level 5 Minions OR
    Level 3+ Dragon OR
    Level 6 Balloons OR
    Any mix of those

KNOW WHAT’S IN YOUR CC BEFORE ATTACKING. BALLOONS HAVE A VERY DIFFERENT USE THAN A DRAGON. NEVER BE SURPRISED BY WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR CC.

Spells:
    1 Lighting
    3-4 Rage spells
    Try to only use one spell per raid or even none if you can. This takes practice, I’m now barely able to keep it to one per raid.

Trophy Range: 2500-2800+

Master League Badge is a must:

The league bonus from master league is double the dark elixir given by Crystal 1 and over the course of hundreds of attacks it adds up to tens and hundreds of thousands of Dark Elixir difference.
    Last edited by BonbeeTyrael; December 21st, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
    "I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "My name is Tyrael."

What to look for:
    Dark elixir storage and drills to the outside 2 layers and/or all in one place. NEVER GO FOR DE IN THE CORE UNLESS THE VILLAGE IS INCREDIBLY WEAK AND INFERNOS ARE SINGLE TARGET. DOING SO WILL NOT END WELL 60% OF THE TIME.

Down X-Bows(if possible, you can still work around up bows)

Single Target Infernos(if possible, at least not multi in range of the DE)

Spread out bases for easy 50% because you need to hold trophies.

Average Day - 3000+ DE
    Bad Day – 2500+ DE
    Good Day - 3300+ DE

Abandoned bases are your friend but don't expect to find more than one a day!(I've attacked this abandoned base multiple times )
    Last edited by BonbeeTyrael; December 23rd, 2013 at 02:40 AM.
    "My name is Tyrael."

How to use balloons:

Luring:
    If you can find a strong building not covered by anything or only covered by an archer tower(if it is, take out the archer tower with 1-2 balloons first). Lure archer queen and clan castle if possible(if you can’t lure AQ just rage minions on her when they meet up and if you can’t lure clan castle use lightning on it mid attack). You can always rage or lightning them off to the side in a safe place.

Balloon Drop Dispatching:
    In this lure you bring the clan castle troops to a corner with most of them still alive and deploy a balloon in a way where it will pass over them. 7 wizards or 25+ archers will kill the balloon right over top of them and take 196 damage from the falling balloon. This will one shot all ground troops except level 6 wizards die after 2 balloons.

Dealing with High Level AQ:
    A level 30+ AQ will waste a lot of minions. To lure these high level queen bring her to an area near an air defense or de storage, drop a rage on the minions and then use the rage for your balloons and cc to clear that whole area at the same time; using the rage for two purposes, AQ and regular use instead of just raging on the grass or losing 20 minions to just the AQ.

How to go deep:
    Deploy in lines with bunches over air defense. Do not deploy more than 3 on top of each other near a wizard tower unless you need to take out on air defense. Attack in a v-type pattern with rages ahead of the air defense to speed balloons to the AD. Follow with minions just far enough behind that any air bombs triggered will only damage the balloons. Clean up as necessary and clear buildings if you need to deploy cc or remaining minions to what’s left deep in and exposed(outside buildings may be left and may be closer making it so your minions won’t go towards the center).

How to pick off(surgical):
    Deploy 1-4 balloons on each defense in your way. Still rage air defense or DE storage like in a deep attack. Certain buildings take certain amounts of balloons to pick off.

Archer tower(alone) – 1 balloon per archer tower(2 if you have to go across a large distance)
    Archer tower(multiple) – 2 per archer tower(3 if multiple level 12 towers)
    Air defense – 4+ per Air defense(6 if you have to cover a lot of distance to get to it)

Wizard tower(alone) – 1-2 Balloons or 1 Balloon and 3-5 Minions
    Wizard tower(multiple or protected) – 3 balloons on it and 1-2 for whatever is covering it(4 if it’s an air defense)
    Last edited by BonbeeTyrael; December 23rd, 2013 at 02:28 AM.
    "My name is Tyrael."

Get used to the ranges of certain defenses so you know what you can take with 1 minion. You need to be able to visualize its range mid-attack.

Get used to different common design and how to beat them or which to completely skip.

Common Design A(slowly getting pictures of all types) -

Common Design B -

GET USED TO HOW BALLOONS MOVE – THEY ARE SLOW HOGS – AND REMEMBER WALLS SPACE OUT DEFENSES. YOUR BALLOONS WILL GO SIDEWAYS NOT IN OVER WALLS.

You will have bad days, try not to get frustrated even I get angry sometimes when everything seems to be going wrong. Take it one day at a time.
    Last edited by BonbeeTyrael; December 21st, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
    "My name is Tyrael."

Photo walkthrough(Video(s) sometime soon)

Lure and dispatch 1 Air defense(mirrored on opposite side after lure)-

1 balloon pick of Lv12 AT while AD is distracted -

Take out queen before rage dissipates -

Go for a full attack on the defenses guarding the DE -

Not enough balloons were left to remove the defenses but 50% was taken so remaining minions were flooded near a hard to reach drill on the other side(with success) -

Last edited by BonbeeTyrael; December 23rd, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
    "My name is Tyrael."

Thanks for putting in the time to make this ♥♥!
    I'm sure this will help many.

Very cool guide ♥♥!
    Will you be on norsk global later on?

|Centum Ludus|Centum Nexus|Centum Centuria|Centum Centurae|Centum Testudo|

This is a great guide, well written and informative! Once I max out gold this shall happen!
    Retired.
    "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."
    -William Butler Yeats.
    "Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back."
    -Piet Hein.

That's a good guide, but Th9 needs an asterisk Th9* (online time management, questionable nexting (over 20mins), spell boost).
    It may not be the fastest and most efficient way to farm de, but it is more "user friendly".
    None gold mine and elixir collector were harmed in the making of this post.Heh!