Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: CWL: won 7/7 but not promoted

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    255

    CWL: won 7/7 but not promoted

    We have won 19/21 wars in CWL Crystal I but not managed to get promoted in the last three attempts.

    The last CWL we won 7/7 but missed out by 4 stars. Obviously that means that another clan averaged more stars across the week despite losing by 2* to us. That is fair enough, but doesn't account for the potential for clans to give away stars, either deliberately (no evidence this time) or by not bothering to fill ccs towards the end of CWL. We have seen clans give up, so that scores against them increase at the end of the week, which makes it a bit of a lottery as to which clans you meet when.

    We almost had the same thing last CWL. We won 6/7 wars and lost one when we had a disconnect, but would not have been promoted even with the win.

    We only have 4/5 TH12s (one new this CWL) and compete against up to 11 TH12s, but still win all our wars, but we can't get out of Crystal I whilst the promotion is limited to one clan.

    How about a 10* bonus for winning all 7 wars, on the basis that that clan is obviously the best clan? That removes or reduces the impact of collusion or clans just giving up.

    It's not all bad news: winning 7/7 wars maximises war loot and almost maximises medals.

    Chilli
    Clan: black fire
    Tag: #29LLY8PV

  2. #2
    Forum Hero Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli59 View Post
    We have won 19/21 wars in CWL Crystal I but not managed to get promoted in the last three attempts.

    The last CWL we won 7/7 but missed out by 4 stars. Obviously that means that another clan averaged more stars across the week despite losing by 2* to us. That is fair enough, but doesn't account for the potential for clans to give away stars, either deliberately (no evidence this time) or by not bothering to fill ccs towards the end of CWL. We have seen clans give up, so that scores against them increase at the end of the week, which makes it a bit of a lottery as to which clans you meet when.

    We almost had the same thing last CWL. We won 6/7 wars and lost one when we had a disconnect, but would not have been promoted even with the win.

    We only have 4/5 TH12s (one new this CWL) and compete against up to 11 TH12s, but still win all our wars, but we can't get out of Crystal I whilst the promotion is limited to one clan.

    How about a 10* bonus for winning all 7 wars, on the basis that that clan is obviously the best clan? That removes or reduces the impact of collusion or clans just giving up.

    It's not all bad news: winning 7/7 wars maximises war loot and almost maximises medals.

    Chilli
    Clan: black fire
    Tag: #29LLY8PV
    If i was in your shoes, I would actually be happy staying in C1, the bump to masters will be big with the number of 12's you will face, the 7 bonus packs out weight the extra 5-8 medals you would get for 7-8 spot in M3 with 1 or 2 bonus packs.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h






  3. #3
    Millennial Club Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,404
    agree with warios. I'd consider this a win. far better than bouncing back and forth.

  4. #4
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    606
    Good news is that you have a good chance of getting an additional 7 bonus medal rewards again next season. Sounds like your clan won’t have any trouble fighting in this league.

    Also expect to see a lot more th12 only clans in Masters CWL.

    We got promoted to Masters 1 in the recent May season despite another clan winning 7/7 and we only won 6/7. We simply performed better than them on all other days by three starring all of their th12s.

  5. #5
    Warriors are OP DOOM2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    884
    OP you are in the sweet spot!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.


  6. #6
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,498
    My clan rolled Crystal I going 7/7 and was promoted to Masters III. Last two CWL's we finished 5th and 4th. I agree with the above posters, be happy where you are, the medals aren't really all that different.

  7. #7
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    9,811
    That has happened twice to my own clan. The reason why is very simple ...

    Rather than use any real world compative model, CWL uses "stars, not wins" to determine outcome. And no, giving 10 stars to the winner does not rectify that.

    By that inexplicatble system, offense is highly rewarded over defense. For example, in one grouping, we won every war! We came in 3rd overall, yet beat both the 1st and 2nd place clan. I noticed that every clan had by far their lowest star total when facing us. Yet, by them freely stomping over each other, it yielded them so many stars that they easily overcame the lack of stars from us.

    The sad truth is that they do not even keep track of wins, losses, nor win percentage. Instead they took an easy way out: "Just add x stars to a win, pretend that by some magical means accounts for win percentages, and then simply track stars".
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C


  8. #8
    Warriors are OP DOOM2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    That has happened twice to my own clan. The reason why is very simple ...

    Rather than use any real world compative model, CWL uses "stars, not wins" to determine outcome. And no, giving 10 stars to the winner does not rectify that.

    By that inexplicatble system, offense is highly rewarded over defense. For example, in one grouping, we won every war! We came in 3rd overall, yet beat both the 1st and 2nd place clan. I noticed that every clan had by far their lowest star total when facing us. Yet, by them freely stomping over each other, it yielded them so many stars that they easily overcame the lack of stars from us.

    The sad truth is that they do not even keep track of wins, losses, nor win percentage. Instead they took an easy way out: "Just add x stars to a win, pretend that by some magical means accounts for win percentages, and then simply track stars".
    Don't disregard the result of that promotion that didn't happen though, you would lose more and earn less bonuses next season in return for a negligible gain in medals. IMO winning 7 rounds and not earning the most stars means you are in your optimal league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.


  9. #9
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,297
    We lost 7/7 last CWL..in Champion3, we were NOT in the optimal spot!

    /Affront

  10. #10
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    9,811
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    Don't disregard the result of that promotion that didn't happen though, you would lose more and earn less bonuses next season in return for a negligible gain in medals. IMO winning 7 rounds and not earning the most stars means you are in your optimal league.
    Admittedly, my own clan participates for fun, and yes, medals! But ....

    I strongly believe that CWL was created to have a competative league in order to crown a champion (and heave cash rewards upon that winner). Medals were added to give all clans a reason to participate, and something to gain in that process. Remember that the same "stars not wins" rule applies in all tiers. So a clan whom won every war in Champs-II, yet failed to get promoted to C-I to be able to compete for the eventual championship will take solace in "We didn't get a chance for the money, but we got medals"????

    Imagine the outcry from players and fans if the World Cup decreed "In Group Play, we will not count wins, rather we will add 1 goal to the winner of each match, then determine overall group winner by total goals".

    The system in place is flawed in my eyes.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •