Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CWL: won 7/7 but not promoted

I forgot that you only got 1 promotion in Crystal 1, we will be fighting there next CWL.

We have around 7-8 TH12's and OP's description of Crystal 1 furthers my belief that we will probably chill in Crystal 1 for a little while too.

As Warios said, OP is likely in their sweet spot.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Admittedly, my own clan participates for fun, and yes, medals! But ....

I strongly believe that CWL was created to have a competative league in order to crown a champion (and heave cash rewards upon that winner). Medals were added to give all clans a reason to participate, and something to gain in that process. Remember that the same "stars not wins" rule applies in all tiers. So a clan whom won every war in Champs-II, yet failed to get promoted to C-I to be able to compete for the eventual championship will take solace in "We didn't get a chance for the money, but we got medals"????

Imagine the outcry from players and fans if the World Cup decreed "In Group Play, we will not count wins, rather we will add 1 goal to the winner of each match, then determine overall group winner by total goals".

The system in place is flawed in my eyes.
    Agreed. The current CWL system is flawed to begin with. If we follow along the lines of football leagues (take English Premier League for example), a win = 3 pts, a draw = 1 pt each, and a loss = 0, same number of points obtained will be determined by goal differences (stars in CoC context), we would have a league that actually rewards winning. Unless you field 15 or 30 maxed TH12s, anything else is just medal farming with a little bit of war tactics to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli59 View Post
    We have won 19/21 wars in CWL Crystal I but not managed to get promoted in the last three attempts.

The last CWL we won 7/7 but missed out by 4 stars. Obviously that means that another clan averaged more stars across the week despite losing by 2* to us. That is fair enough, but doesn't account for the potential for clans to give away stars, either deliberately (no evidence this time) or by not bothering to fill ccs towards the end of CWL. We have seen clans give up, so that scores against them increase at the end of the week, which makes it a bit of a lottery as to which clans you meet when.

We almost had the same thing last CWL. We won 6/7 wars and lost one when we had a disconnect, but would not have been promoted even with the win.

We only have 4/5 TH12s (one new this CWL) and compete against up to 11 TH12s, but still win all our wars, but we can't get out of Crystal I whilst the promotion is limited to one clan.

How about a 10* bonus for winning all 7 wars, on the basis that that clan is obviously the best clan? That removes or reduces the impact of collusion or clans just giving up.

It's not all bad news: winning 7/7 wars maximises war loot and almost maximises medals.

Chilli
    Clan: black fire
    Tag: #29LLY8PV
    All i can sy is you got unlucky, but consider that going 7/7 already gives you a huge advantage (10 stars) vs any other clan so it's just likely you missed some gainable stars along the way (which ofc can happen to anyone). Giving other 10 stars just for going 7/7 should be too much. That would only be reasonable if there were NO star bonus per war win.

Admittedly, my own clan participates for fun, and yes, medals! But ....

I strongly believe that CWL was created to have a competative league in order to crown a champion (and heave cash rewards upon that winner). Medals were added to give all clans a reason to participate, and something to gain in that process. Remember that the same "stars not wins" rule applies in all tiers. So a clan whom won every war in Champs-II, yet failed to get promoted to C-I to be able to compete for the eventual championship will take solace in "We didn't get a chance for the money, but we got medals"????

Imagine the outcry from players and fans if the World Cup decreed "In Group Play, we will not count wins, rather we will add 1 goal to the winner of each match, then determine overall group winner by total goals".

The system in place is flawed in my eyes.
    No system is perfect. Look at the NBA draft lottery system shafting the Bulls year after year. Sure it should be continuously improved, but this is what we have right now. It should be hard to get promoted. Each league is a big jump in skill level overall. I would liken it to progressing from T-ball (Bronze) to MLB (Champ 1) with everything in between.

If you come up short on a promotion then battle harder and try for more three star attacks next season. IMO the clans with the most three star attacks are likely the most skilled of the groups so in a way the star totals do make sense.

I would certainly be sore over winning 7 in champ 2 and not being promoted, but it is within the rules and applied evenly. This is how they developed it to work with the top tiers in mind. I don't think they put a whole bunch of thought into the lower tiers initially as evidenced by the ease that the system was exploited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

That has happened twice to my own clan. The reason why is very simple ...

Rather than use any real world compative model, CWL uses "stars, not wins" to determine outcome. And no, giving 10 stars to the winner does not rectify that.

By that inexplicatble system, offense is highly rewarded over defense. For example, in one grouping, we won every war! We came in 3rd overall, yet beat both the 1st and 2nd place clan. I noticed that every clan had by far their lowest star total when facing us. Yet, by them freely stomping over each other, it yielded them so many stars that they easily overcame the lack of stars from us.

The sad truth is that they do not even keep track of wins, losses, nor win percentage. Instead they took an easy way out: "Just add x stars to a win, pretend that by some magical means accounts for win percentages, and then simply track stars".
    Did wonder if like in sport where you have goal difference would be good to have something similar in cwl. That way difference between stars earned and stars given away on defence. Then your not just rewarding good attacking play but also good defence as well.

Few months back we came 2nd despite giving away a very small amount of stars. Our defences were brilliant but the other clan that came first just was th12 heavy but with low defences and just overpowered a lot of the smaller clans to win extra stars

clash is offensive oriented and rewards from stars to loot are based on what you did on attacks. only thing you ever get from defense is cups in raids.

if there was a base nobody could beat everyone would use it and clash would die

so yes offense is rewarded and good defense is a momentary mention at the bottom of war results