Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: about the clan war leagues bonus

Senior Member twentyfivemillion's Avatar
    Meh. Everyone in our clan receives them at some point. I have a list of who has received them and I hand them out to those who have not. After everyone has received them, we start over. This has gone over very well in our (50 member) clan. Everyone is always very appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why should we have those medals taken away just because your clan can't set reasonable rules for handing them out?
    This question creates an interesting conclusion. So, the purpose of the bonus medals is to encourage clans to learn how to set reasonable rules. Hmmm... I don't know...sounds like a thought after the fact of implementation, an unintended resolution to amiably resolve the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    We also hand out bonuses to a lower th (7-9), a mid th (10-11), and a high th (12). Depending on how many bonuses we get depends on how many low, mid, and highs get a bonus.
    I really like this approach. Since, in League, members are like a link in a chain so the League team is only as strong as their weakest town. Quite often, if a round is close to a draw or ends in a draw, then due to the lower towns not able to attack as well as others above. So, I really like this idea of yours, Joemann.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; May 13th, 2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maumbo View Post
    This question creates an interesting conclusion. So, the purpose of the bonus medals is to encourage clans to learn how to set reasonable rules. Hmmm... I don't know...sounds like a though after the fact of implementation, an unintended resolution to amiably resolve the situation.
    The purpose is to be able to hand out some additional rewards.
    Humans envy is what make said option complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    Ok, so the conclusion is, implement an option that can be complicated by human envy.

Why are the additional rewards necessary?

Centennial Club
    that is what I am wanting to say. there will be always greedy people. so what is the need of having something to fight for? this question is raised because I know, at the end, that a th12 if you don't show your appreciation for his work he might feel pushed aside. we are all almost th12. several don't care for the bonus, I will play cwl even if they don't give hammers. But still, deep down people are greedy so why give them a reason to fight?. take away the bonus and problem solved.

Ok, so the conclusion is, implement an option that can be complicated by human envy.

They aren't. It's a bonus you 'can' use. No one is forced to do that.

Like I was included in the bonus last CWL, since I missed day 3+4, due to a vacation and made no fuss about beeing in the roster for the last three days the CWL was still lasting after I returned. Since I just got my account back after having it lost for about a year, our leader decided to include me, since others got plenty of medals during that time.
    No one objected, no one was mad about it. *shrugs*

I really like how Super Cell revamped the medal distribution. The old medal distribution was directly related to total star count (x medals per star) and now the new distribution has ceiling so to avoid the "human envy" predicament. This change shifted the focus away from individual members toward a focus to make the entire clan stronger.

In our clan, once a member reaches the maximum 8 stars and ensured we won 3 rounds to avoid demotion, then we rotate all other members to allow them the opportunity to grow stronger, faster, which then helps the clan as a whole.

I would like to see a change in the bonus medal idea as well.

Agree how itís done early and stick to it. Ours go to weakest members who may not get to 8 stars due to being rotated in and end. Namely th9 and 10 players. Everyone is told this early doors and if they donít agree with leadership then they donít last too long. Free medals, whatís not to like

This question creates an interesting conclusion. So, the purpose of the bonus medals is to encourage clans to learn how to set reasonable rules. Hmmm... I don't know...sounds like a thought after the fact of implementation, an unintended resolution to amiably resolve the situation.
    This is of course nonsense, and you know that very well. Clan management is clan management, it's as simple as that. Again: don't project the 'issues' of one clan on the whole of CoC ... there IS a big diversity you know...

That is YOUR conclusion.... all of your posts so far are all in this same manner: looking at things through ONE set of glasses, quite narrow minded and solely focused on your own experience/clan .... if you're in a clan where management is an issue, maybe check other clans? Or check with management if you and the clan are suited for your respective needs?

Edit: ok, your now latest post 17 is a touch different ... wow....
    Last edited by JusMe; May 11th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.

They aren't. It's a bonus you 'can' use. No one is forced to do that.
    My post is not suggesting you are forced to distribute them.