Thread: How to get the clan leader

How to get the clan leader

One of my accounts is in a dead lv8 clan as a co-leader.All players in the clan including mine are inactive.The most recent activity was that a member left the clan 130d ago.I wonder how to get the leader.I have tried to say something in the clan,request troops(haven't received anything)and attack once(in Apr.,haven't entered May league so far),but haven't been successful.
    By the way,I can't login more than twice a week,so it's impossible to be really active.

In the last update, they added a process If Leader inactive for 90 continuous days, then promote an active Coleader to Leader. That 90 day period was not made retroactive to before the update. So in about another 2 months (90 days after the update release), your problem should be automatically resolved as long as one Co was active to receive Leadership.
    Last edited by rowman; May 11th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    In the last update, they added a process If Leader inactive for 90 continuous days, then promote an active Coleader to Leader. That 90 day period was not made retroactive to before the update. So in about another 2 months (90 days after the update release), your problem should be automatically resolved as long as one Co was active to receive Leadership.
    REALLY?!?!? How did I miss this in the announcement thread? Is this a setting some place Leaders can control? What if a Leader wants to take a break but does not trust or want to give away leader for fear they will never get it back?

I'd be shocked if they (SC) just did this without the existing leader having some say/control over this.

If I ever take another break I guess my only option is to kick everyone out so as to prevent losing leader.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    REALLY?!?!? How did I miss this in the announcement thread? Is this a setting some place Leaders can control? What if a Leader wants to take a break but does not trust or want to give away leader for fear they will never get it back?

I'd be shocked if they (SC) just did this without the existing leader having some say/control over this.

If I ever take another break I guess my only option is to kick everyone out so as to prevent losing leader.
    Was announced here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...or-Next-Update ...

Leader Rotation
    If a Clan's Leader has been inactive for 90 days, the Leader title will be assigned to the most senior Co-Leader in the Clan. This is determined by who has been Co-Leader the longest without interruption.If no Co-Leaders are present then Leader is passed to the most senior Elder.

What if the Leader quit the game, was never returning? This was a problem for many clans, the perpetual AWOL or MIA Leader. As with many aspects of real life, there has to be a succession mechanism to allow continuity and survivability.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Forum Veteran
    Wow - Pretty sure starting after June 3rd and on going there after, we will see a flood of posts on here screaming about how ppl lost clan leader and they cant get it back and want Super Cell to fix it for them.

For me, its clear to me that if I take a break, I will demote everyone except my accounts and let Leader rotate around them.

Question - the description above says Leader will pass to Elder if no CO is available. What if there are also no Elders? Will it then pass to the most senior Member?
    I got nothing

Forum Veteran
    One more follow up - If There is 1 leader and 1 CO, and both are inactive - will Leadership keep bouncing back and forth between them forever?
    I got nothing

Wow - Pretty sure starting after June 3rd and on going there after, we will see a flood of posts on here screaming about how ppl lost clan leader and they cant get it back and want Super Cell to fix it for them.

For me, its clear to me that if I take a break, I will demote everyone except my accounts and let Leader rotate around them.

Question - the description above says Leader will pass to Elder if no CO is available. What if there are also no Elders? Will it then pass to the most senior Member?
    One more follow up - If There is 1 leader and 1 CO, and both are inactive - will Leadership keep bouncing back and forth between them forever?
    As always, they tend to give us a "10,000 foot overview" without gory details. So the normal procedure is that we, the community, ferret out the details overtime. Once it kicks in in another 60 days or so, people will start reporting cases, then we can figure out the details.

Per my own understanding (I do not play the game), Hay Day enacted the same 90 day policy for Neighborhoods. Maybe you may want to hop over to that side of the forums and ask them how their leadership transition works. They may have simply reused the Hay Day rules.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Fresh Spawn
    There are leaders who do not appear more than a year. I watched such clans very many. Clans ghosts their call. It would be good to and to the members of the clan passed leadership

Centennial Club

Seriously, if you need that long of a break you have no business being a clan leader.