Thread: Add new features to village profile

Add new features to village profile

Who is not upset when we have repeatedly said "I cannot participate in the next clan war because there is a busy life" even though we have turned green to red in the village profile, but still they take us to participate in the clan war. Here I only want to suggest a new feature for the next update, which is "notes in the village profile section" (please see the screenshot that I have edited). Is there a clerk who agrees with this idea?
    Last edited by IzalBootloop; May 10th, 2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: I'm forget to adding a screenshot

How about simply this....if you are red, then a leader can not add you to war. Simple....done.

First off, I do absolutely understand the issue that you are attempting to solve. The war "In/Out" flag is often not maintained by the clan members. People set them, then forget them. So many clan leaders have come to learn that for their own clan at least, the flag cannot be trusted to convey the player's current availability. (Example: Did they set it to red a month ago when hero was down, but just forget to reset it to green when hero awoke?). In my own clan, we too mistrust the flag, we always ask in chat "Speak up if you want to be in next war".

That said, I disagree though with your proposed solution. It seems to me it would layer on another flawed system on top of a currently flawed system. If we agree that the war flags are not maintained by players today, why should we believe they would maintain a text field? Then there are language barriers. Anybody can communicate with a flag, but to communicate via text means we both must speak the same language. Lastly, at least the flags show up in the war search menu. If I have 50 people in my clan, I would have to read 49 profiles (assuming they kept the information current), then remember all 49 when I enter the war search!

What I think is a better way, proposed in the past ...

Allow the leader to press a button which sets all flags to red. Now for the next war, if it is changed to green, I then know that you logged in and agreed to be in the next war. That is, the leader can trust that the flag is your current availability state. And if the leader added you to war, eventhough red, that then would be the fault of the leader, not you!
    Last edited by rowman; May 10th, 2019 at 05:51 PM.

This seems like asking supercell to fix something players should be able to do. Why are you in the clan you are in if you don't want to war and it is compulsory? Why not bring it up in your clan chat and get co / leader input on how your specific clan runs? If you sitting out means 4 other people miss out maybe the Leader would rather have you in there anyway so it can be a bigger war? 2 hits in a 24 hour period is really not too hard to get in, especially with another 24 hour to cook war troops as well before it, and if you are red they can't really complain if your heroes are down or you have to do a rushed hit early or late. Personally I don't like the all red idea either. There are sure to be players left out by not marking green which seems worse to me. If players can't cope with turning a button red or green then a kick may be the best solution ;P

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    What I think is a better way, proposed in the past ...

Allow the leader to press a button which sets all flags to red. Now for the next war, if it is changed to green, I then know that you logged in and agreed to be in the next war. That is, the leader can trust that the flag is your current availability state. And if the leader added you to war, eventhough red, that then would be the fault of the leader, not you!
    I like this one, it lets the leader know who's active and who is not which in turns allows them to make better judgements on who can and cannot be in the war
    Hello! I am Koking, though I left the clan in the signature,
    I loved the picture too much to change it.
    You like the signature? Check out Dharmaraj
    for your own!

Above the world, dropping wizards everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koking2018 View Post
    I like this one, it lets the leader know who's active and who is not which in turns allows them to make better judgements on who can and cannot be in the war
    Exactly this would be good, and would make warring so much easier. I’ve ended up in wars I didn’t want to be in, and vice verse. This would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    ... There are sure to be players left out by not marking green which seems worse to me. If players can't cope with turning a button red or green then a kick may be the best solution ;P
    While I respectably disagree ...

Players asked for a polling system, that is, a means to poll the clan to find out easily whom is in, or out, for the next war. Supercell responded and gave us what we have today, which in my eyes, is a flawed polling system. With any reusable poll, there must be a means to reset the vote. If not, then there is no way to determine if your response (In or Out) was for this time I asked, or from a previous time I asked.

We are not asking for an automatic reset after each war. What we are requesting is an optional button that the Leader can press to reset the poll. Leaders that feel as you do, that the poll should not be reset, will be allowed to continue that course by simply never pushing the button.

Tom set his flag to green. Tom participated in war. After that war, Tom quit the game, or his device was hit by a bus. Unknown to us, Tom will not be available for the next week, month or possibly never. If he does not log in, nor can he log in, of course he can neither reset it to red, nor then will he be available for war by definition. Meanwhile Mary is still active, still playing. She can log in. By definition then, she can set her flag to green if she wants to be in the war.

So Mary "can cope" with changing the flag as you stated, since she is active. Meanwhile, for Tom, not only can he not "cope", he cannot not even change it since he is not even logging in!
    Last edited by rowman; May 10th, 2019 at 06:30 PM.