Thread: TH12 armies and balancing

TH12 armies and balancing

Watching all the TH12 attacks in the May CWL I must say I'm quite pleased how Supercell managed to have so many different kind of strategies viable for TH12. I have seen attacks with almost all troops available, whether as a main force or as specific support troops. Each troop with it's own use. Each strategy with it's own planning and difficulties, and almost no easy spam and pray strategies. Resulting in solid 2 stars or spectacular 3 star attacks.
    Even the Pekka's have retaken their place in the war scene.
    The lack of viable strategies has been one of the biggest complaints in the past (everybody used bowitch) and it seems to be solved.
    Congratulations Supercell for this achievement! Great work!

Now trying to master one of the strategies I have seen recently and never used before and having fun with it.

I completely agree. I have been critical of supercell in the past, mostly for how out of whack the tornado trap was.

This past war league I 3 starred 4 of 7 attacks against max TH12s or near max TH12s. That was with a mix of armyís, from queen walks into miners, bowitch, and edrags.

My opponents also used a mix of attacks on me, as did the other max 12s in my clan. Including hogs with success.

The game is fun again. Iím happy to give my money to supercell to play a game that is challenging but I have a chance to 3 star if I take enough time to learn troops and strategy.

I’m liking th12 balance right now also. I believe the May CWL th12 3 star rate is coming in at around 10% which is a little bit higher than in the past and I like that. I think it could be a little higher yet, but it isn’t bad as it is now. I’m reminded of the old th11 days when it was impossible to 3 star and this is so much more fun.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Watching all the TH12 attacks in the May CWL I must say I'm quite pleased how Supercell managed to have so many different kind of strategies viable for TH12. I have seen attacks with almost all troops available, whether as a main force or as specific support troops. Each troop with it's own use. Each strategy with it's own planning and difficulties, and almost no easy spam and pray strategies. Resulting in solid 2 stars or spectacular 3 star attacks.
    Even the Pekka's have retaken their place in the war scene.
    The lack of viable strategies has been one of the biggest complaints in the past (everybody used bowitch) and it seems to be solved.
    Congratulations Supercell for this achievement! Great work!

Now trying to master one of the strategies I have seen recently and never used before and having fun with it.
    i agree game is balanced all around wish they could make seven where you don’t just spam 10 drags 1 in cc and put rages. But all other townhalls are really ballenced I think 10 is too buff with sieges I remember 3 staring max 10s without sieges and I can’t do it anymore idk if games to easy or if I have gotten worse
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; May 10th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.

I feel like TH12 is close to being balanced. All that's missing is +1 spell slot.

I think that the game is still too much out of balance. Yes it is true that all the troops are viable , probably it is much better for the strong/pro players but... lets not forget that the majority of the players are the average players who play for fun and they are not having fun now.
    The max th12 base is still too strong to be 3 stared from the casual player. The max th12 casual player will 2 star it. the weak th12 player will 2 star it, the th11 player will 2 star it even in some cases th10 can 2 star it.So...If SC intend to keep that attack/defense ballance may be it is a good idea to think about 4 or more stars system so there can be some difference between the non pro players, so the wars of the casual players will be won/lost by skill and not by luck.
    Last edited by Misho12; May 10th, 2019 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho12 View Post
    I think that the game is still too much out of balance. Yes it is true that all the troops are viable , probably it is much better for the strong/pro players but... lets not forget that the majority of the players are the average players who play for fun and they are not having fun now.
    The max th12 base is still too strong to be 3 stared from the casual player. The max th12 casual player will 2 star it. the weak th12 player will 2 star it, the th11 player will 2 star it even in some cases th10 can 2 star it.So...If SC intend to keep that attack/defense ballance may be it is a good idea to think about 4 or more stars system so there can be some difference between the non pro players, so the wars of the casual players will be won/lost by skill and not by luck.
    That's the issue under the current system. You cant make it too much easier for the casual players. If three staring was at, let's say 10-25%rate for casual players, what do you think it would be at for members of champs 1 clan players? There would be too many perfect wars. Current top clans earn 33-38 stars in cwl going in cold. That's where it should be.

Personally I think it's under balanced in some ways and over in others. The addition of the bat spell makes some comps viable that would not be without or at least less so. Pekkabobat for instance is super strong. Take away the bats and freeze and your army typically fizzles out with perfect use of jump/rage/heal combos. So does that make the comp or spells under balanced or over balanced or perfect because it's a mix and you have to recognize the perfect mix based off the enemies layout?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMayhem View Post
    That's the issue under the current system. You cant make it too much easier for the casual players. If three staring was at, let's say 10-25%rate for casual players, what do you think it would be at for members of champs 1 clan players? There would be too many perfect wars. Current top clans earn 33-38 stars in cwl going in cold. That's where it should be.

Personally I think it's under balanced in some ways and over in others. The addition of the bat spell makes some comps viable that would not be without or at least less so. Pekkabobat for instance is super strong. Take away the bats and freeze and your army typically fizzles out with perfect use of jump/rage/heal combos. So does that make the comp or spells under balanced or over balanced or perfect because it's a mix and you have to recognize the perfect mix based off the enemies layout?
    I agree too easy would be a bad thing, but the current 3 star rate in Champs 1 could be doubled and it still wouldn't be at 25% for those players, let alone casuals.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Misho12 View Post
    1. I think the definition of casual is not being represented correctly here. The term you are looking for is "weak attacker" or "weak strategically". I am "casual" as I might get 1-4 attacks a day. I have an almost max base....which by default I think means you aren't "casual" unless you've been playing for a long time. My casual nature of attacks in no way limits the amount of 3 stars attacks I make (probably 1 every 2-3 wars).

2. If TH11s and TH10s are getting 2 stars...then the base is weak or they are good attackers. For a good TH12 base I would expect the following: TH12 ~75-80% TH11 ~55-70% TH10 maybe 50% 1 star or ~35% 1 star. Therefore even if it comes down to % the better attackers should prevail (aka no luck).

I haven't seen any wars won by luck in a long time.