Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is there a way to look at the prior text entries of prospective clan members?

Fresh Spawn

Is there a way to look at the prior text entries of prospective clan members?

I run a clean Clan and we’ve run into a situation where we think a new member will act appropriate to our mores, but ends up blowing up bombs of vile filth. Is there a way to see what they have espoused prior to wanting to join our clan?

go to a previous clan and ask, I think that's the only way ... and/or if you have doubts, don't let them in?

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfiesler View Post
    I run a clean Clan and we’ve run into a situation where we think a new member will act appropriate to our mores, but ends up blowing up bombs of vile filth. Is there a way to see what they have espoused prior to wanting to join our clan?
    There really is no way of telling how people interact with other people.

Announcing, that you accept no cussing, is usually seen as an invitation to cuss, isn't it? I mean, Trolls are gonna troll.

We run a clan of grown adults, we don't have any rules about cussing and yet, people rarely use words you wouldn't use in the company of your mother.

Once in a while we have a young sailor joining (i.e. somebody who includes the "F-bomb" or the "N-word" in every sentence) and he will usually be called the "C-word" and asked to tone it down a notch. It either helps or he's kicked.

In short .. You have to rely on your own common sense and judge of character when new people join. If you kick people for cussing or asking for "Co" or calling other people "Bro", you'll soon have educated the remaining members on the way to behave in the clan.

/Affront
    TH12-62/63/33|BH9-16.16.16.17.16.18.16.16.16.16.1/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

The Not So Sneaky Ninja N1NJ4W4RR10R's Avatar
    Nah. Would probably be helpful, but really by that point you'll probably find out how well they act soon enough (if you exclude them from the first clan war for example...)
    Click here to see my youtube channel. Make sure to read the description for the info I cant fit here.
    Looking to join a clan where wars dont stop, a clan with some great people
    always around to chat? Check out the Forum Goat Herd, the best place to be!
    Thanks to evertonjeff for the awesome sig pic and avatar!!!

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    I asked my Hairdresser for a Donald Trump...she gave me a tremendous hair cut and had me deported.
    Your fears seem very extreme so you must have a reason to suspect this clan member will behave in that way? If they have behaved badly when you met them on Global then generally Leopards don’t change their spots and if they have already behaved badly in clan then simply move them on. There is no way to see players posting history and all players deserve a level of anonymity regards being kicked from clans as many, many people have been kicked for no reason or nothing they can fathom. Just do NOT promote unless the player thoroughly proves themselves and trust your Co’s to manage chat.

The Not So Sneaky Ninja N1NJ4W4RR10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Your fears seem very extreme so you must have a reason to suspect this clan member will behave in that way? If they have behaved badly when you met them on Global then generally Leopards don’t change their spots and if they have already behaved badly in clan then simply move them on. There is no way to see players posting history and all players deserve a level of anonymity regards being kicked from clans as many, many people have been kicked for no reason or nothing they can fathom. Just do NOT promote unless the player thoroughly proves themselves and trust your Co’s to manage chat.
    I'd imagine they have some kiddos in the clan, hence wanting to avoid the not so nice members of global. A noble cause, but probably a lost one if you're recruiting from global.

Albiet - something to keep in mind is that (unless this has changed in the last year) there is a filter that'll generally filter out the nastier words of the games supported languages. Probably more practical then risking personal info :P
    Click here to see my youtube channel. Make sure to read the description for the info I cant fit here.
    Looking to join a clan where wars dont stop, a clan with some great people
    always around to chat? Check out the Forum Goat Herd, the best place to be!
    Thanks to evertonjeff for the awesome sig pic and avatar!!!

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4W4RR10R View Post
    I'd imagine they have some kiddos in the clan, hence wanting to avoid the not so nice members of global. A noble cause, but probably a lost one if you're recruiting from global.

Albiet - something to keep in mind is that (unless this has changed in the last year) there is a filter that'll generally filter out the nastier words of the games supported languages. Probably more practical then risking personal info :P
    Problem with the filter is that it even censors “This is” into “Th*****” for me And when I turn it off, it censors different completely normal words.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 10th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    <snip> Just do NOT promote unless the player thoroughly proves themselves and trust your Co’s to manage chat.

.. bu-bu-but how will it be possible to run a "clean" "free co" clan for 12 year olds found on Global?

:-)

Sometimes, parents have to let their children play unsupervised and just accept that they might hear "bad words" ..

My 11 year old son sometimes drop the "F-bomb" in front of me at home and I kindly ask him to mind his language and keep the "School Yard Language" where it belongs. By and all, he has a pretty good sense of acceptable language standards with adults around (and he DOES know how to swear in 3 different languages)

Common Sense; The less common of the senses.

/Affront
    TH12-62/63/33|BH9-16.16.16.17.16.18.16.16.16.16.1/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Most clans will self govern language and find a happy and acceptable level. The reality is that most "younger people" will use inappropriate language more so than adults due to the older generation not having to impress and knowing what is appropriate.

as a clan we are having a one day break from war after a successful 7/7 win in CWL (both clans) and have opened the doors. We have had many people come in and we have a unique welcome process (interrogation) and the words we have been greeted with.. well lets just say are colourful.

How anyone joining a clan thinks its appropriate to start a conversation with words like "Sup N***ers" amazes me... these children dont stay very long..

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    In short .. You have to rely on your own common sense and judge of character when new people join. If you kick people for cussing or asking for "Co" or calling other people "Bro", you'll soon have educated the remaining members on the way to behave in the clan.
    Give me co bro!

In general it is quite easy: as soon as a new recruit misbehaves by using abusive/inappropriate language, kick and move on. My home clan had two fresh recruits (well a few days) that were pretty silent. Once I discovered one of them intentionally donating wrong troops, I confronted him about it and instead of an apology I got a descriptive insult. Took me one second to kick, then his friend decided to continue the vile language and got the boot as well. That is about the only thing you can do.

The risk that kids read that kind of language? Most kids can teach us more then the other way around when it comes to that
    <gone>