Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expansion scrolls

Hi and I hope I am posting this message about expansion scrolls in the correct thread. I have been a forum lurker for a while now. I have played hay day since August 2012 and used to rely on the forum for invaluable advice regarding many aspects of the game. I am level 161 now and don’t need this so much for myself anymore, but I must say the one time positivity, encouragement and constructive tips from this forum seem to have been more heavily outweighed by criticism and negativity over the last year or so.

My reason for posting is my concern that the forumites’ feedback may come to be interpreted by Supercell as being the general consensus of all of us long standing and dedicated players of the game, when it definitely isn’t. I am the leader of a very contented neighbourhood, all of us having played for several years now and for different reasons.

Recently there have been numerous complaints regarding the availability of the land expansion scrolls. I don’t understand the urgency to open the new land. I have all of the fields, animals and machines for my level and more than adequate space for them. I am also a keen decorator so any new pieces of land usually form part of a new farm design for now.

I have several pieces of land still to open, but get as many scrolls as I need from playing the derby each week (not particularly competitively, just for the horse shoe prizes) and from events. My deed, mallet and marker stash can only just keep up with them.

I recently completed my fishing book (caught that last infuriating gold weight grass carp a couple of weeks ago!). This took me years of work and, along with many other players, I consider this to be by far the hardest achievement of the game and I feel there should be some sort of reward in recognition of this. However, since completing it, I must admit to missing the thrill of the chase and trying to catch those last few elusive fish whenever I visit my fishing area.

i guess my question is, what’s the urgency with opening the new land? Once it’s done we’ll start asking for something else. All in good time, and I for one certainly appreciate supercell’s efforts in maintaining a game I have enjoyed for almost 7 years.

Real life brings its own stresses, hay day is the escape. Thank you for all the hard work �� (and apologies for such a lengthy and rambling post!)

Jen
    Last edited by Jennyannec; May 14th, 2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    Hi and I hope I am posting this message about expansion scrolls in the correct thread. I have been a forum lurker for a while now. I have played hay day since August 2012 and used to rely on the forum for invaluable advice regarding many aspects of the game. I am level 161 now and don’t need this so much for myself anymore, but I must say the one time positivity, encouragement and constructive tips from this forum seem to have been more heavily outweighed by criticism and negativity over the last year or so.

My reason for posting is my concern that the forumites’ feedback may come to be interpreted by Supercell as being the general consensus of all of us long standing and dedicated players of the game, when it definitely isn’t. I am the leader of a very contented neighbourhood, all of us having played for several years now and for different reasons.

Recently there have been numerous complaints regarding the availability of the land expansion scrolls. I don’t understand the urgency to open the new land. I have all of the fields, animals and machines for my level and more than adequate space for them. I am also a keen decorator so any new pieces of land usually form part of a new farm design for now.

I have several pieces of land still to open, but get as many scrolls as I need from playing the derby each week (not particularly competitively, just for the horse shoe prizes) and from events. My deed, mallet and marker stash can only just keep up with them.

I recently completed my fishing book (caught that last infuriating gold weight grass carp a couple of weeks ago!). This took me years of work and, along with many other players, I consider this to be by far the hardest achievement of the game and I feel there should be some sort of reward in recognition of this. However, since completing it, I must admit to missing the thrill of the chase and trying to catch those last few elusive fish whenever I visit my fishing area.

i guess my question is, what’s the urgency with opening the new land? Once it’s done we’ll start asking for something else. All in good time, and I for one certainly appreciate supercell’s efforts in maintaining a game I have enjoyed for almost 7 years.

Real life brings its own stresses, hay day is the escape. Thank you for all the hard work �� (and apologies for such a lengthy and rambling post!)

Jen

No worries... some people do agree with you! I have a place for everything and everything has a place. I have not needed the new land and I have not used the previously added land and I have a silly amount of permits, but no desire to use them.

i guess I am not a completionist
    Farm 139
    CoC TH11 BhB8 maxed and waiting for 9 AQ 50 BK 46 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Hello Jen, good to "see" you on the forum! You've made some good points, especially that many of the opinions stated on the forum do not represent the majority. I think it would be great for other "lurkers" out there to weigh in. I, too, am in no hurry to clear more land, but do understand the frustration players feel about the lack of scrolls.

Congrats on completing your fishing book! There have been previous posts regarding the suggestion of an achievement, fish trophy, etc. for completing the book. Look forward to more posts!

GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard

ďI love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.Ē ― Audrey Hepburn

i guess my question is, what’s the urgency with opening the new land? Once it’s done we’ll start asking for something else.

Jen
    To answer your question, I wouldn’t use the word “urgency” to describe how I feel about opening the new land, but I do feel impatient with how slowly it’s going. It’s not that I need the land, but my farm feels crowded, and the new land will allow me to spread out and do more decorating. But the main reason is that I think the permit-locked land is an eyesore—especially with some of the decorations I find ugly—and I’m impatient to get rid of the ugly parts. I’ve spent a lot of time making my farm look the way I want it to, and it’s frustrating to have a big section of it become an eyesore—especially when it’s going to stay that way for so long.

Unlike you, I accumulate more than twice as many land deeds etc. as I have scrolls for. So after I have all the land deeds, etc., I spend a long time waiting for the needed scrolls. One reason I find the long wait annoying is that SC has made the scrolls so much more rare than they were the first time permits were introduced. Unlocking that land was slow enough, but with this new batch it seems to be taking forever. Having gotten used to the previous pace—and having had free permits available in the original mystery boxes—I find SC’s new approach to be a big change for the worse. If this were the first time we’d been given permit-locked land, I think I’d be less impatient because I wouldn’t be comparing the unlocking to the previous faster pace.

Personally, I’m not planning on “asking for something else” if/when I finish unlocking the land. I enjoy new game content when it comes along, but that’s the case regardless of whether or not I still have locked land. I don’t consider unlocking land to be game-play, I don’t find it to be an enjoyable challenge, and it doesn’t give me a sense of accomplishment. I just see it as a huge chore that I have to go through for (what I consider to be) an unreasonably long time.

P.S. Congratulations on finishing your fishing book! That must have taken a lot of hard work, and I agree that there should be some reward in recognition of the accomplishment.
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; May 15th, 2019 at 05:12 AM.

If the way the unopened land looks bothers you then I can understand that. For the most part I ignore it, but now that you’ve said that I remember the first pieces I opened were the ones with the beach decorations as they looked so out of place adjoining my oriental garden area!

Although I am in no hurry with the new land I do remember experiencing similar frustration with the time it took to accumulate puzzle pieces, I guess because I wanted the sanctuary animals more than I want new land. Sadly, these days I mostly forget they exist. They must be very malnourished, poor things!

i don’t remember how quickly we were able to obtain expansion scrolls previously. I don’t use diamonds to open locked chests, but I would say I use between 20 and 25 diamonds a week shuffling horse shoes to obtain 2 scrolls, which is something we didn’t have to do before and I can see why players are unwilling to do this. I don’t mind too much myself as the only thing I spend diamonds on now is decor and poor beleaguered Ernest. In previous years though I would definitely have prioritised using diamonds on opening more slots on machines and the net and lure maker!

I guess my question is, whatís the urgency with opening the new land? Once itís done weíll start asking for something else. All in good time, and I for one certainly appreciate supercellís efforts in maintaining a game I have enjoyed for almost 7 years.
    Jen

I want the new land open because it is not finished and has left my land uneven.

I never asked for this new land. I would have been content had they not given it. But now that they have I need to even up my farm again.

I for one am not complaining, just longing for the old days when scrolls were always in the derby prizes. I am willing to wait it out, which is why I don't spend diamonds to shuffle. I just wish that we saw them more frequently in derby prizes.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I agree with you completely. For me the game is about decorating and not leveling. I'm building a food and craft court with playground across the road. I have a gnome village in the main section. I would love to have complete holiday villages where I can have all my decorations out. I can wait to get scrolls because the expectation is sometimes better than the gettin.

I recently completed my fishing book (caught that last infuriating gold weight grass carp a couple of weeks ago!). This took me years of work and, along with many other players, I consider this to be by far the hardest achievement of the game and I feel there should be some sort of reward in recognition of this.
    Any tips for those of us still trying to finish the fishing book?

I am about 2/3 of the way through, and I agree this is definitely the hardest thing to complete I have found ii the game.

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    Any tips for those of us still trying to finish the fishing book?

I am about 2/3 of the way through, and I agree this is definitely the hardest thing to complete I have found ii the game.
    I used the thread on this forum, I think it was called how’s your fishing going. It is a thread compiled from a lot of painstaking hard work from numerous players for which I am eternally grateful and without which I would no doubt be miles off having completed my book. I am new to the forums so I’m not sure yet how to post the link.

The thread explains where and how to catch each fish, and since the introduction of the fishing weight boosters the platinum fish are not too difficult to catch if you know what you’re looking for. It is the gold weight which remains the most elusive in my experience, and some of them are very tricky indeed! It was the golden trout and grass carp which I thought I would never catch, but it can be done with a good deal of patience.

Which brings me back to my original point about the expansion scrolls...we’ll get there in the end �� I agree with xenkitty that the expectation is often better than the getting. I used to use all my mining tools to make jewellery to fill truck orders to get vouchers to make lures to catch fish...now I can just use worms. Somehow it’s not as exciting.

Apologies for hijacking this thread and going a bit off topic!

Good luck with the fishing,

Jen

Trying to get expansion permits is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by careeberry View Post
    Is anyone else experience problems getting expansion scrolls? I havenít received a single one in almost 2 months! My barn is almost exploding with other expansion items because of this, so frustrating !!!!
    I agree. Trying to get expansion permits is ridiculous. HD needs to do something to increase the availability to get these. At the rate I am getting these it will be 10 years before I get what I need.

I have heard frustration from many players that is causing me to rethink whether or not I want to continue playing this game or move on to another!