Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fresh bot attacks video

Exclamation Fresh bot attacks video

Hello, bots are back at it again, Supercell take action please...
    Suspected bot user tags : <redacted>

If you doubt the bot behind the wheel here, you need to clash some more sorry:)

Mods, take some action please (apart from giving Infraction to me again:), let´s keep this game clean

<Video redacted>
    Last edited by Ajax; May 8th, 2019 at 10:56 PM.

First off, you’re breaking the forum’s name and shame rule.

Second, we are just players here just like you. Nobody here has the ability to take in game action. Your best bet is to report any suspected players to in game support. That’s the best way to combat any TOS infringements.

Pro Member
    Naturally someone would be more outraged over forum rules than cheating in the game. The OP, like many others around here, is trying to shed light on the botting that has become rampant over the past couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by PUREAWE View Post
    Hello, bots are back at it again, Supercell take action please...
    The mods are moderators of this forum. The only "action" they can take is to give you an infraction and/or ban you. Given you have now discussed their action (against the rules), included the name of the player you are shaming (against the rules) and had a prior infraction/warning....

Seriously though, you need to report to SC. We, including the moderators, are players like you.

Edit: watched your video, doesn't look like good evidence of a bot attack. Maybe it was, but doesn't look like one to me.
    Last edited by 2222; May 8th, 2019 at 10:46 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    Naturally someone would be more outraged over forum rules than cheating in the game. The OP, like many others around here, is trying to shed light on the botting that has become rampant over the past couple months.
    And failing completely, since there was no evidence of botting in that video, which has now been rmeoved for breaching forum rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    I hate botting, I think it is a big problem and I wish SC would do more. OP did nothing to shed light on it, though. He didn’t even share a video that was strong evidence of botting. There is other evidence of botting and it should be shared with SC and we the players should continue to tell SC it matters to us and we want them to work to stop it. Naming and shaming here won’t help.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

So Ajax says the video didn’t have any evidence of bot usage My question is why was it removed? If it is not “naming and shaming” how is it not allowed? If the video didn’t show signs of bot use then it’s not naming and shaming. People share attack videos and terrible AI videos often and those don’t get deleted.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by SO1555 View Post
    So Ajax says the video didn’t have any evidence of bot usage My question is why was it removed? If it is not “naming and shaming” how is it not allowed? If the video didn’t show signs of bot use then it’s not naming and shaming. People share attack videos and terrible AI videos often and those don’t get deleted.
    Because OP was claiming it does and the author of the video has no chance of defending himself, hence name and shame.

/Edit: The videos of queen lacking intelligence for example, are something completely different - they just show gameplay. The name and shame rule doesn’t apply since nobody’s showing the video to bash on author. The moment you show a video (or picture) and claim that the author is doing something which is against the rules (or plain wrong/evil/negative you name it), you’re purposely shaming that person and that’s something that’s not allowed here, regardless of whether the thing you posted shows breaching of the rules or not.

The safest thing to do here is simply to remove the tag and/or player’s name.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; May 9th, 2019 at 04:24 AM.

Banned
    This topic keeps coming up. And every time there is a band wagon of people who have never botted or don't play with botters who apparently know everything about how a bot interacts with the game. The constantly undermining of people on the forum is getting old.

So if the OP posted the video and put up a poll asking if the attack looked normal or not then all would be good. There would be no shame in that scenario. I have seen prior posts claiming bots and they were handled in similar fashion by mods. A mod saying there is nothing in the video to “prove” bots however they were clearly bot attacks just based on common sense. I think this name and shame policy has become a crutch for people to avoid stating the obvious. When it looks like a bot, walks like a bot and quakes like a bot; it’s a bot.

i just don’t understand the overly sensitive nature of people these days I guess.