Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repetitive tasks in this week's Mystery Derby

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajoy View Post
    I am finding this Mystery Derby quite odious, and I feel the pressure to have to use diamonds in order to compete with other neighborhoods. Based on the multitude of 20 hour tasks our neighborhood keeps getting, I can only surmise that either other hoods are getting simple tasks or they are spending LOTS of diamonds in order to be 5,000 points ahead of our team. I have seen this trend in the last few derbies. The people in my hood are on top of tasks. They don’t drag their feet or sit on their tasks. Everyone is working as fast as possible with the tasks being dealt. It is really frustrating that a team’s success in the derby directly correlates to the number of diamonds spent. Very disheartened by this.
    They may be just lucky, getting quick tasks but also getting tasks for which they had stacked items for. I had two such tasks...really a matter of luck that I had prepped for 24 blue hats (had to give up on 8 sweaters to get there) and later got a chilly task (7 sweaters, 16 hot choc, 7 pumpkin pies). Luckily I still had 7 sweaters stacked up behind the blue hats, as well as the needed hot choc and pumpkin pies. So those 2 tasks were done within seconds. Longest part was to empty my barn somewhat in order to release those items for the tasks.

Now I am waiting for more Mystery tasks to show up. All along I always got 4 Mystery Tasks on board, but suddenly, I have none!

...oh! I just got my 10th Mystery Task...17 general town visitors...easy...all done. So glad I didn't get a 5th fishing task! Hahah...

Good luck, Kajoy!
    HayDay Level 163
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 153 Gold, 27 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Am I just having bad luck, or is anyone getting repetitive tasks? My first three tasks are all fishing! Normally I don't mind a fishing task now and then but to have three in a row is very frustrating to say the least! I am not really complaining. I'm just guessing it's bad luck. It's particularly painful to watch other NH going full steam ahead. #1 NH has already done 6 tasks and I'm stuck fishing for the third time! I am using gold lures left and right to try to stay near 4 lb of fish per catch. Sigh!

Sucks big time, indeed.
    As a tip, you can get almost above 4 lbs fishes with normal lure, the trick is to catch a sockeye eye fish, you can identify it by the way it moves, or actually by the way it almost doesnít move; when the fish catches the fishing line move it, if it looks like the fish doesnít move, thatís your fish, you can catch 60lbs in one round through the 15 fishing spots.
    ================================================== ======
    Pardon my spelling, it is a little bit hard to write while you are cooking, playing Hay Day and throwing shoes at your kids so they stop fighting (just kidding about this one )
    VICTIM OF CERTAIN THING THAT BUYS MY BEMS AND SEMS LIKE FLASH

Quote Originally Posted by Kajoy View Post
    I am finding this Mystery Derby quite odious, and I feel the pressure to have to use diamonds in order to compete with other neighborhoods. Based on the multitude of 20 hour tasks our neighborhood keeps getting, I can only surmise that either other hoods are getting simple tasks or they are spending LOTS of diamonds in order to be 5,000 points ahead of our team. I have seen this trend in the last few derbies. The people in my hood are on top of tasks. They donít drag their feet or sit on their tasks. Everyone is working as fast as possible with the tasks being dealt. It is really frustrating that a teamís success in the derby directly correlates to the number of diamonds spent. Very disheartened by this.
    I absolutely agree with you. I have just completed a 24 blue hat task which took 20 hours. Apart from a couple of mining most of the tasks have been long boring ones. 1st team are currently 8000 points ahead and we have no chance of catching up. Either they're extremely lucky with their tasks or they love to spend money on diamonds in their quest for 1st place. There is no fun in the derby anymore.

Fresh Spawn
    Oh, I have prepped and stacked for tasks, but that does no good when having to grow 295 lettuce, fill boats, fish, or bake 16 carrot cakes when I have red berry cakes prepped (and vice versa). Yea, I have those 24 blue hats sitting ready, but need to make fabric in order to make 11 cotton shirts. Hmmm.... dump 24 hats or beg for 22 fabrics? My complaint is the length of time to complete the tasks. If the there are 9/10 tasks to complete, derby lasts 6 days, and one task takes 20 hours; you do the math. I shouldn’t have to spend diamonds in order to compete in the derby.

Well it happened. I had blue hats stacked at the beginning of the derby. I had to pick them up because I needed white sweaters for a boat task. I put more in.... picked them up because I needed fabric for a shirt task. FORGOT to restock them and drew the task today. 23 in 24 hours with no boosters. So I trashed it. ~Sigh~ I may or may not purchase a task this week. It all depends on how close my team gets to that last horseshoe.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I had regular town, help, eggs, town, help....

hot dogs 26 of them. I liked repetitive!
    Farm 139
    CoC TH11 BhB8 maxed and waiting for 9 AQ 50 BK 46 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Arrrgh...I finally finished my 3 fishing tasks, got a townie combo (which did not take long), 24 blue hats (I had that stacked, so done in a seconds)...and then, and then....arrgh...ANOTHER fishing task. It's 11pm and I still have 50 more lbs to go.

1st fishing task-90 lbs
    2nd fishing task-90 lbs
    3rd fishing task-96 lbs
    4th fishing task-101 lbs

Must look on the positive side...all this fishing (and mostly with gold and purple lures) I ended up getting 5 or 6 of the platinum rewards for the heaviest fish...diamonds, diamonds, diamonds...yay!
    What?!...thatís terrible...I love fishing...but ya, not that much!

We get bombed by piggie tasks and long basket tasks not fun at all.
    We normally win each week but this is taking way too long time.

Yvonne Leader of Zissou :0)
    Tag: #2LCV92UO
    109 gold

Are you the addict we are looking for?

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1258324

Fresh Spawn

Mechanics Mechanics Mechanics

With 2 of us in derby, my neighbor had 3 mechanics tasks in a row and I had a total of 2 salesmen and 2 townies. We were reduced to buying trains to finish the tasks.

This week Mystery Derby is really a pain. When I finally thought my bad luck would end at my fourth fishing task, I got another one. Anyone has luck like mine? FIVE fishing tasks this derby!? What's going on?