Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ideas on how to limit clans... without making them unattainable

ideas on how to limit clans... without making them unattainable

I've been reading some of the threads around the forums and it is clear that many folks believe that there are far too many clans around. (and by nature, this reduces the number of viable candidates to join clans that are truly trying to progress (or whatever excuse they want to use).

While this is only a rough theory, it has potential AND helps to serve a purpose that SC actually WANTS to help happen.

For the creation of a clan, certainly there should be the need to have a clan castle built (iI believe this is already in place)

I do agree with increase in cost, however, I am all about making it hurt; I would go with startup cost of 300k gold and 300k elixir.

Now, here is what may not have come to mind, but may be a bit tricky to implement...

Lets have a monthly cost (paid at the end of the month (from clan creation). This cost should be known to the clan leaders and Co-leaders (maybe an upkeep tab within the clan button). This cost should be based on clan level and number of members. (failure to pay the upkeep removes all members except leader - at this point only leader can attack to contribute to upkeep)

Now, how to pay the cost.. create a guild fund that CANNOT be donated to, but only contributed to by way of individual attacks (shave 1% to go into the guild fund)

Before people get all up in arms, this serves multiple purposes.. it keeps active those guilds that are not dormant and have people afk for months. and it helps encourage everyone to keep active to help keep guild alive.

Will add more after my Final exam..

If someone wants to be in a clan with 4 inactive accounts, who are you to deem this is not the best way to play the game? See the word "GAME", everyone has their choice on how to play clash, no need for more rules to stop them from playing the way they want to.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

i m not telling anyone how to do anything. I am merely suggesting a way of curbing the amount of inactive clans.

and for the record.. I have 5 accounts in my own clan, so yes, this would very much effect me as well.

I agree there are many clans. I also agree that there are many inactive clans (either dead or dying). On the remaining factors though, I will respectably diverge from your own line of thought.

Players are aware of the state of their clan, and are aware that other clans are out there. So some reasons they may be in the "dead" clan:
    1) They themselves are inactive, they either abandoned the game, or the account.
    2) They are active, but elect to be in that clan. A small group of friends whom clash occasionally, but not regularly.
    3) They simply do not care, they play for some other reason than clan related activity.

In my own thoughts, those clans very existence do not impact me, nor my clan, nor the game. So my point of disagreement is that I myself do not see how those clans negatively impact anyone but the players themselves within that clan.

Let us say they invoked a clan maintenace tax, as suggested. Then what? Players in Group 1 are inactive, so it is not that they are going to join another clan. In Group 2, they will probably just return to the same identical clan they were auto-kicked from. Players in Group 3 may decided to go clanless, ormay join your clan once auto-kicked. But are they the type of player you want, someone who does not care nor contribute to the overall health of the clan?

I could see tightening the cost for creating a clan to begin with (as you suggested), but I see nothing gained by a maintenace tax. Some people stop playing (go inactive), while some clans also die over time. So be it, it does not impact me, nor my clan.

So then, what do I myself see as "the problem"? Too many active clans exisit, with more forming each day (which are also active), all competing for a small pool of active players whom may be seeking a clan. Taxes can be paid easily by active clans, yet those are the ones, if any clans, that need to be reduced to reduce the recruitment pool competition.

Appreciate that you are attempting to find ways, just feel a tax would not accomplish the goal. Look for alternative ways.
    Last edited by rowman; May 8th, 2019 at 07:08 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

I do appreciate the logical discussion Rowman, really.

You are correct in that we should COLLECTIVELY think about different ways to do things.

Maybe increase the cost of creating a clan even higher. I don't know, but unless people try to START the discussion.. it would be that much longer until it does happen.

Centennial Club
    The problem is not the dead clans, the problem is the new clans with temporarily active leaders. Some upstart th6 starts a new clan and goes on to global to recruit. They sucker in new players who donít know better. When the leader realizes how much work it is or gets disinterested, they go inactive and the clan dies. The problem with this is that 1 leader with delusions of grandeur ruined the clash experience for 15-20 new players who will probably never return or ever experience a real clan.

IMO 300k is not enough. I want the requirement to be more like 2 million. This makes a new player get to th6 and be an active farmer to get enough. That price tag will also make them think twice before starting a new clan. While this may seem high, it will lessen the glut of new clans on global that NEED new members.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by coczart View Post
    Before people get all up in arms, this serves multiple purposes.. it keeps active those guilds that are not dormant and have people afk for months. and it helps encourage everyone to keep active to help keep guild alive.
    Actually, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

All it does is make it that bit harder to run a clan, with absolutely no benefit to any player, or to the game.

Yes, there are some people, who for whatever reason of their own would like to see fewer clans. I have never seen anything remotely approaching a convincing argument as to why they want this.

And as far as I can tell, nor do Supercell see any argument in favour of limiting the number of clans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by coczart View Post
    Maybe increase the cost of creating a clan even higher. I don't know, but unless people try to START the discussion.. it would be that much longer until it does happen.
    Before trying to start it, you should have a clear reason as to why it needs to happen. Don't just tell us many people think it, tell us why you think this clans are somehow harming the game.

I see no reason why inactive clans should not just be left alone. I see no benefit to the game as a whole in damaging those clans. I don't really agree that there are too many clans, but if there were, it would be the active clans who would be the problem, not the inactive ones.

And all your proposal does is hurt the active clans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Fresh Spawn
    Rowman "Players are aware of the state of their clan, and are aware that other clans are out there. So some reasons they may be in the "dead" clan:
    1) They themselves are inactive, they either abandoned the game, or the account.
    2) They are active, but elect to be in that clan. A small group of friends whom clash occasionally, but not regularly.
    3) They simply do not care, they play for some other reason than clan related activity."

or 4 - They have some dumb loyalty to the clan that they are right about now getting tired of. I have been in my clan for 5 years and for the past 3 years I have been the most active player. In the mean time I have lost loot bonuses from several different sources and have been trying to recruit against ridiculous odds. I have for the past year contemplated leaving the clan, but for the last 3-4 semi-active players and not wanting to let them down - I have stayed. But leaving tonight.
    I think that SuperCell has done what it needs to do to correct the problem of dead or dying clans. There are now greater incentives for being part of an active clan and not trying to be the 'lone warrior' of a dying clan. At some point, if their servers get to full, they will delete clans that have zero activity in the past 12 months. If their servers do not feel stressed, they will probably not care one way or another.

maybe make it so that you can't make a clan until th9