Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to do CWL regular resets?

Quote Originally Posted by Akarat1020 View Post
    As many of us have experienced, CWL matchups can ruin the experience for clans with less TH12s and TH11s than the oposing clans. This is expected in higher leagues, but it becomes a bummer when it happens in lower Gold, silver or bronze leagues.

Some clan mates here just don`t want to participate in the league simply because they won`t find any fun in fighting unfair matches. I understand that clans can force their way down and farm their way up as they please, but double checking war weight in lower leagues should make this event better for everyone.

Even better than that, it would be nice if there was a league reset every now and then, just to force stronger clans to adjust their league and enable lower clans to compete for their medals in a fairer battle. Of course, this reset should follow the competitive CoC World Championship schedule in order to allow Champion league selection.

We have season reset for trophies, why not for CWL?
    If you want to reseed, why not just create a new clan and everyone go there for CWL? then in your main clan you can do regular wars as well. You could also do CWL in main clan with low bases and if you need numbers just recruit randoms from global.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; May 10th, 2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by SirNeoGeo View Post
    There should have been a re-seed when the new 30v30 was added and the clan rewards were changed. Changing the rules in the middle of the game and not allowing for the clans to get re-aligned is an issue. We tried the 30v30 format this time and it did not work well with bringing lower TH levels into the bottom 30. We ended up using old .5 and low defense bases instead of some of our TH9s and lower. Could only use 2-3 TH9s in our CWL match-ups and did not try and add in any TH8s.
    Yep, that would have been a good time for it. Again, though, I only support it for new clans (and all of those 30v30 would have been new clans) entering the model for the first time. I don’t know if it has to be monthly, but there should be a regular adjustment of where new clans are placed because the average power in each tier is not the same now as it was when this all started.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    Perhaps new clans could be fresh seeded into the league where average roster weight is closest to that of their top 15 players? A relatively simple, but effectively self-adaptive system.
    Yeah, I think SC just needs to adjust those parameters. Even if they only did it every 3 months or something, it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I see the same thing in our clan. More and more are opted out because of this issue. We are falling in leagues because of it.

We are just medal farming now. Last season we managed three wins. This season we lost all seven wars and finished 6th. At least we got demoted. We win if we can but we had no chance of wining.

I think things will improve but it will take a while. The new medal system helps. But, it will take some time for that to catch up. Plus, some clans just don't care. They'd rather keep playing their games with the system by taking their feeder clan once and their name clan once in the same league. I don't think that's productive but I don't lead those clans so there is nothing to do but grin and bear it.

We were in Crystal 2

It doesn't ruin the experience for me but I am playing CWL for medals. We try to win but I'll take the medals if we can't win.
    Last season was pretty average then, 3-4 wins means you were right about average where you often should be. It sounds like this season was rough, 0 wins, but next season should be much easier. Assuming your clan sticks together and is active and keeps upgrading, you should be able to win 5-7 wars next season, which still keeps you in that range of about 3.5 wins per season. If your clan is not actively progressing as much as average or loses strong players, then it will struggle to keep the 50% win rate going.

While I don’t support any sort of regular reseed for all clans, it might not have been a bad idea to do it after the medal change to get those tanking clans out of the lower leagues.
    Last edited by 2222; May 10th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Veteran
    Periodic reseeding runs into the same technical issue that the initial seeding had way back when CWL was new: there are not enough tiers to cover the entire range of clan weights without some tiers having a super wide range.

Plus, now that clans have been moving up and down, the range of weights in each tier is likely even wider than it was before. Some super skilled lower weight clans have moved up and some not so skilled heavy clans have moved down. Lots of clans have been upgrading their bases without necessarily moving up. So the upper range of e.g. crystal 1 probably overlaps quite a bit with the lower range of masters 3.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarat1020 View Post
    As many of us have experienced, CWL matchups can ruin the experience for clans with less TH12s and TH11s than the oposing clans. This is expected in higher leagues, but it becomes a bummer when it happens in lower Gold, silver or bronze leagues.

Some clan mates here just don`t want to participate in the league simply because they won`t find any fun in fighting unfair matches. I understand that clans can force their way down and farm their way up as they please, but double checking war weight in lower leagues should make this event better for everyone.

Even better than that, it would be nice if there was a league reset every now and then, just to force stronger clans to adjust their league and enable lower clans to compete for their medals in a fairer battle. Of course, this reset should follow the competitive CoC World Championship schedule in order to allow Champion league selection.

We have season reset for trophies, why not for CWL?
    Forced resets will ruin the fun for clans with very high skill working there way up to Champions despite not running all 12s, it would also make it less meaningfull to strive to work your way up as high as you can go.

I agree there is the problem where some clans, somewhat irrationally I believe, drop a bunch of heavy bases into a clan that is in a fairly low league, to rolfstomp the league and get ar less reards they they would get fighting in a more suitable league.

If you come across this the best way is to simply farm the war, get the most stars you can by expensing the least resources.

its very difficult to stop people engaging in this somewhat irrational behavior, you have to let clans enter the bases they have Otherwise since clans change so much cwl would be blocked to lots of people, maybe If a clan gets a certain a amount heavier they need to be placed in a league somewhat higher than the league they in, doesnt have to be the league that firsg placement would have chosen, maybe a league or 2 below, in effect a minimum league wih a certain weight of bases.

kinda destroys the no weights idea though. Hopefully this kind of things wont happen to often.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; May 15th, 2019 at 04:05 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

New Bloke/Chick
    I dont see the harm in setting some sort of parameter for clans that are egregiously overweighted based on the league. My 3rd clan was in silver 1, and the clan that won the league couldve easily competed in crystal 2, possibly even crystal 1. Why should this clan shun one of the other 2 clans that wouldve advanced to the next league? They have to wait an extra month to advance. This can be a never ending cycle as their are endless numbers of dead clans who can be approached by a clan that just feels the need to crush a league for their own superiority issues. Why cant the war search tell the clan when they press the button that "their lineup is simply too strong to compete in the current league, please reduce the war weight to proceed". This will force some players to find another clan to do cwl in that month. And dont tell me thats not fair because the system has already forced players to split in their clans to play cwl in some form. I dont see the harm in this. Why should one clan ruin the bunch for the masses?