Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Improving the Donation Mechanism

  1. #41
    Can I assume that maybe in near future some SUPERCELL STAFF will say something regarding this post?
    It will make their stand about this clear to the rest of us here and probably help out with our curiosity.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemWarLord View Post
    I apologize, It was a mistake!
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemWarLord View Post
    Can I assume that maybe in near future some SUPERCELL STAFF will say something regarding this post?
    It will make their stand about this clear to the rest of us here and probably help out with our curiosity.
    Unlikely. They very rarely respond to threads here, although they do tell us all threads in this subforum are looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  3. #43
    I guess this is the reason why I didn't spent so much time on those mock up photos.

    99% of the topics opened here are, indeed, ideas that were already suggested, useless stuff or spam.

    But at least we tried to bring a strong argument for this system.


    Although in the Sticky topic there are a lot of stuff mentioned to have come from players suggestion, most of those are common sense feature. I don't believe that any MAJOR idea came from these suggestions.

    So basically, this sub-forum is just a place where users can share ideas in order not to say that they are unable to express their opinion on what can be improved.

    It would be nice though, someone from the developers to take few minutes and give some comments on some of the ideas.
    If not, there isn't any reason why we should further discuss anything here since it won't be even looked at.

  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzu View Post
    I guess this is the reason why I didn't spent so much time on those mock up photos.

    99% of the topics opened here are, indeed, ideas that were already suggested, useless stuff or spam.

    But at least we tried to bring a strong argument for this system.


    Although in the Sticky topic there are a lot of stuff mentioned to have come from players suggestion, most of those are common sense feature. I don't believe that any MAJOR idea came from these suggestions.
    You might be surprised at how much of what seems like "common sense" wasn't there originally.

    So basically, this sub-forum is just a place where users can share ideas in order not to say that they are unable to express their opinion on what can be improved.

    It would be nice though, someone from the developers to take few minutes and give some comments on some of the ideas.
    If not, there isn't any reason why we should further discuss anything here since it won't be even looked at.
    That just isn't going to happen. If they started commenting on ideas, they would be expected to comment on all of them, and that would just not be sensible or even practical, if they want to get any actual development done.

    We have to take their word for it that all ideas posted here are looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5. #45
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,265
    I like the idea, it's a definite improvement on the current system and still flexible enough that it doesn't take away from the benefits the current system has. This would be a definite QOL improvement. Nice job OP.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I like the idea, it's a definite improvement on the current system and still flexible enough that it doesn't take away from the benefits the current system has. This would be a definite QOL improvement. Nice job OP.
    Exactly it is designed particularly to tackle some donation issues but the feature is decided to be optional for players as they can still use classic requests.

    This feature improves the quality of this game is far as i believe.

  7. #47
    Warriors are OP DOOM2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    So in our clan wrong donation is in a friction of 1% so maybe you have a problem in your clan. What your concept is missing at all is a choice. That means sometimes people write give me that or that depending who is online. Especially in mixed clans that is needed.
    I think this is what you would hear from anyone in an established high level clan. Players who have been clashing for years tend to shut down wrong donations quick with a swift boot to the seat of their pants.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitzu View Post
    It's not only about the people who are trolling for real by donating wrong troops.
    I bet that at some point, it also happened to you that you want do donate a troop but you press the next one either due to touch screen issue or big fingers (happened to me).
    When this happens, can cause a lot of issue, think that you can request troops 5m before war ends and you have to spend gems to Request again due to a mistake made by another person.
    Oh my poor fat thumbs, occasionally they do miss their target.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitzu View Post
    I think this can happen now also. I mean, if I request MAX troops, I really want them max. Low level players either don't donate, as they know they don't fulfill my request or they donate and I have to delete them and blame whoever donated (this is the situation we're trying to avoid here).

    Assuming you're in a low level clan, you won't ever request max troops as you should know there is no chance in every filling your CC.
    You wouldn't if you knew what you were doing. What about peeps who are new to the game. If the mechanism allows the requesting of impossible donations within a clan, the noob may never figure out why nobody will donet him fast broo, and move on to fort night never to clash again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.


  8. #48
    I like the idea. And as the other people are showing great examples upon how the UIs would be all set up. This would actually help everyone. The only bad thing I can think of from this is when people restrict things to let's say a baby dragon, but to troll they say Giants only. The only way they would see if it was a troll is if they had the baby dragon already cooked.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottrader View Post
    I like the idea. And as the other people are showing great examples upon how the UIs would be all set up. This would actually help everyone. The only bad thing I can think of from this is when people restrict things to let's say a baby dragon, but to troll they say Giants only. The only way they would see if it was a troll is if they had the baby dragon already cooked.
    This wouldn't be an issue. See second post on page 2.
    The interface should be made to see the troops that are requested even if you don't have them cooked by being displayed grayed in the bottom part of the donation window.

    About the "impossible donation", I guess there can be a check to the Clan when opening the request tab to see if anyone is able to donate max troops (or a certain level troop of a Info button would be available for users to select the desired troop level) but this would be expensive (in terms of processing) and could possibly be a bad thing.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzu View Post

    About the "impossible donation", I guess there can be a check to the Clan when opening the request tab to see if anyone is able to donate max troops (or a certain level troop of a Info button would be available for users to select the desired troop level) but this would be expensive (in terms of processing) and could possibly be a bad thing.
    When it comes to selecting max level it can be more flexible.

    (This is going to be lengthy using '*' for Must Read content)

    Let me repeat by idea..
    Let's say, In a Lv. 4 clan there are all sort of player from TH1 - TH11/TH12
    But none got their troops to the max level(they were just too lazy) .

    So when like a TH9 in the clan ticks the Max. Lvl. option in the Advanced Menu of Donation Tab.

    The max level is set to the highest level of they troop which is owned by any player.( It think it's a bit confusing so I'll explain more)

    * Let's say the TH9 guys asks for a Golem and Poision and he ticks the MAX LVL option.

    * Now, in the whole clan let's say max level for golem possessed by any player is lv. 4 i.e. with the TH11 and TH12 guy got a Lv. 3 golem.

    * So now considering the facts, The max level for golem will be automatically set to Lv. 4 (Excluding the Clan perk levelups)

    * This ensures that even if you check that max lvl option and there's no max lvl troops possible in your clan.. still your request is not wasted.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •