Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Improving the Donation Mechanism

Centennial Club

Improving the Donation Mechanism

It's often experienced by players that clan members donate weaker or wrong troops with does only add to waiting time for recieveing the one you wanted.
    For fixing this players should be allowed to add restrictions to their requests which restricts others from donating wrong or weaker troops like for a TH9 using LavaLoon only Lavahound/Balloons and Haste is desired so he could select Lavahound, Balloons, Haste then the lowest desired level and then send the resquest so appropriate donation is ASSURED!

I leave the related interface designs to the developers and hope this suggestion is pondered upon.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemWarLord View Post
    I leave the related interface designs to the developers and hope this suggestion is pondered upon.
    Therein lies the problem. This idea is proposed very very often and one of the biggest obstacles is the interface design and all of the special cases that would need to be handled. There is nothing to ponder unless YOU can design an elegant UI to go along with this idea.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Therein lies the problem. This idea is proposed very very often and one of the biggest obstacles is the interface design and all of the special cases that would need to be handled. There is nothing to ponder unless YOU can design an elegant UI to go along with this idea.
    I have an UI design in my mind
    Like, When we click "request" button then a window open like that of barracks but there we have to select troops and their quantity and where the troop's level is displayed, there when we click a small window opens where we can select the level of the troops we want uptill our clan castle capacity and then request.
    When a clanmate clicks on "donate"
    Then the window that opens shows troops requested in icons(colored if he currently own the troop in army camp and they meet the requirements/black&white if his troops don't match requirements or he don't have the troops in this army camp currently). Then he can like usual click on that troop to donate by training or using gems.

I think this will be the simplest and the most convenient UI for the same.

Haven't seen this before I opened another thread.

I'm sure that this has been suggested over and over again but I think it's the moment for this big QoL improvement.

I would like to suggest to have a system that will prevent players donating wrong troops to their clan.
    My idea is to have something similar to the system in Clash Royale where you click the troop you want to receive.

Clicking the Request button would open a window similar to the one that is existing already when you want to Quick Donate using gems. In this window, all troops would be there and in the left/right corner you would have written the amount of troops that your Clan Castle can hold.
    Clicking a troop would increase it's number and the capacity would fill.
    Same goes for the spells and siege machine.
    Each would have a - button in the upper right corner that will drop the count with -1.

Example. Empty Clan Castle level 8. 40 Troops Capacity. 2 Spells Capacity. 1 Siege Machine
    You would have in a corner [TroopIcon] 0/40 | [SpellIcon] 0/2 [SiegeIcon] 0/1
    I want to receive 1 P.E.K.K.A and 1 Ice Golem, 2 Freeze Spells and 1 Wall Wrecker.
    I press the P.E.K.K.A. P.E.K.K.A count goes to 1 and number would change. 25/40
    I press the Ice Golem. Ice Golem count goes to 1 and number would change. 40/40
    I press the Freeze Spell two times. Freeze Spell count goes to 2 and the number would change. 2/2
    I press the Wall Wrecker. Wall Wrecker count goes to 1 and the number would change. 1/1
    *optionally, the text field can remain in order to specify the troop level or other textx*
    I press the Send button.

Clan chat changes:
    When a clan mate clicks the donate button, he can donate only the troops I requested. (troops in his camp that aren't requested will be grayed out).

Optionally:
    Thick button "Only MAX troops". If this is ticked, player would only receive MAX level troops after the Clan Perks bonus has been applied. Example: MAX troops level is 6. If player has a troop level 4 in his army camp, the troops will be available for donate. If the troop level is 3, the troop will be grayed out.

If you think that this is a good idea, I would be glad to spend some time working on some concept photos.

I imagine that this can have a big impact by not being able to request for 'anything' but the idea can be changed to have this added as an "ADVANCED" donation option.

Open Request :

Go Advanced:

Select Desired TROOPS:

REST OF TROOPS WILL BE GRAYED OUT BECAUSE OF FULL REQUEST.

In the above example, SPELLS are not selected.
    It would mean that ANY spells can be donated.

Same should go with the troops.
    If I have selected only 1 Ice Golem in the Advanced tab, the request will be 15/40.
    The 25 spaces left can be filled with any troops coming from the clan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mitzu; May 11th, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemWarLord View Post
    I have an UI design in my mind
    Like, When we click "request" button then a window open like that of barracks but there we have to select troops and their quantity and where the troop's level is displayed, there when we click a small window opens where we can select the level of the troops we want uptill our clan castle capacity and then request.
    When a clanmate clicks on "donate"
    Then the window that opens shows troops requested in icons(colored if he currently own the troop in army camp and they meet the requirements/black&white if his troops don't match requirements or he don't have the troops in this army camp currently). Then he can like usual click on that troop to donate by training or using gems.

I think this will be the simplest and the most convenient UI for the same.
    i am a good disigner/photoshop I could whip something up if you want

I have posted above some mock-ups I made in Paint )

I only did the REQUEST part but some designs can be also be done on DONATE side.

Any comments on it ?

Trainee
    I agree, that is, how do you refuse a "useful" thing like this one? They all benefit from it. How often do you ask for a dragon and give you arcier, barbarians etc? With this we will solve the problem.However, i advise you to add this function also to the request of the potions, just to be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix96x View Post
    I agree, that is, how do you refuse a "useful" thing like this one? They all benefit from it. How often do you ask for a dragon and give you arcier, barbarians etc? With this we will solve the problem.However, i advise you to add this function also to the request of the potions, just to be complete.
    Of course if should also apply for spells and siege machines.
    I've added them as a long version of the inital design:

A full request should look something like this:

Also, the Quick Train design can be used.

PAINT SKILLS LEVEL OVER 9000.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzu View Post
    Of course if should also apply for spells and siege machines.
    I've added them as a long version of the inital design:

A full request should look something like this:

Also, the Quick Train design can be used.

PAINT SKILLS LEVEL OVER 9000.
    Great Job!
    I think this much of ideas should be enough for a developer to design a donation mechanism.
    Also above ideas greatly reduce their effort as they just have to put their hands on a bit programming almost everything is provided.

Also they can Introduce a Quick request feature to the above ideas.

Let's see wether SUPERCELL employs RAPID GUNS or LAZY BUNS!!
    Last edited by MayhemWarLord; May 11th, 2019 at 03:21 PM.