Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Improving the Donation Mechanism

theoretically, this idea is brilliant. hell, mitzu even volunteered in helping us getting a sense of what will it look like with some amazing paint skills. I think this would be very helpful and it's really practical, the "advanced" feature you can see here is a tie breaker between the people who think it's unnecessary and us, who think it is.

mayhemwarlord also mentioned that
    Let's see wether SUPERCELL employs RAPID GUNS or LAZY BUNS!!
    , it's whether not wether :P just kidding. in conclusion i'm totally WITH this idea.

Had some time and also created the Donate window mock-up:

When asking for a donation. Things to notice here:
    - although no troops are donated, only the troops the player requested are colored
    - same goes with the spells, even if the requester has 2 slots for spells, only the requested spell is colored
    - at the bottom, grayed out, the troops and the number of troops requested

After a request has been filled:
    (let's assume this has been filled by someone else)

NEW IDEA TO BE ADDED TO DONATION GUI
    Number of levels the Clan Perks will add to the troops.
    I guess it can be added somewhere in this screen.
    Last edited by mitzu; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitzu View Post
    Had some time and also created the Donate window mock-up:

When asking for a donation. Things to notice here:
    - although no troops are donated, only the troops the player requested are colored
    - same goes with the spells, even if the requester has 2 slots for spells, only the requested spell is colored
    - at the bottom, grayed out, the troops and the number of troops requested

After a request has been filled:
    (let's assume this has been filled by someone else)

NEW IDEA TO BE ADDED TO DONATION GUI
    Number of levels the Clan Perks will add to the troops.
    I guess it can be added somewhere in this screen.
    Clan perk levelup stat is not that important, it's just that donation fixing which can be considered very important.

Your mockups on page 1 are overly simplistic. When this idea is typically requested, people want to also specify the minimum level of troop they'll accept. In addition, people want some flexibility in what they'll accept, for example, "1 dragon 2 loons, or 6 loons" - how does your advanced interface address that? Another example, when I request troops for defense I can't stand it when people give me giants or a pekka - how do I request anything except those 2 troops?

Based on those examples, hopefully you see that making everyone happy would make the UI crazy complex. So your solution is to make some people happy with a limited UI that they can use for a small subset of their troop requests. Unfortunately, there's a downside.

The reality is if Supercell were to implement the simplified interface you've defined, people will immediately get angry at the limitations and start requesting the things I mention above. You give the users an inch and they demand a mile. So why would Supercell want to cure one minor grief (note "minor") if it will result in a potentially major grief? It's easiest and safest just to leave the system as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Your mockups on page 1 are overly simplistic. When this idea is typically requested, people want to also specify the minimum level of troop they'll accept. In addition, people want some flexibility in what they'll accept, for example, "1 dragon 2 loons, or 6 loons" - how does your advanced interface address that?
    Why you cannot make sure that weather you want 1 dragon 2 loons or 6 loons only?

Another example, when I request troops for defense I can't stand it when people give me giants or a pekka - how do I request anything except those 2 troops?
    To curb this we had provided that donation restrictions through selecting the troops you desire to prevent people from donating unwanted troops.

Please carefully read and understand the previous posts on this thread first.
    Last edited by MayhemWarLord; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:44 AM.

Forum Elder
    There is some attraction to the request being made. In practice, there may be downsides, such as it favoring the rigid and greedy.

Something I wish for, which is simpler I think, is a customizable list of standard requests, so people can easily request exactly what they want, not just the same or last time or you have to type it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Your mockups on page 1 are overly simplistic. When this idea is typically requested, people want to also specify the minimum level of troop they'll accept. In addition, people want some flexibility in what they'll accept, for example, "1 dragon 2 loons, or 6 loons" - how does your advanced interface address that? Another example, when I request troops for defense I can't stand it when people give me giants or a pekka - how do I request anything except those 2 troops?

Based on those examples, hopefully you see that making everyone happy would make the UI crazy complex. So your solution is to make some people happy with a limited UI that they can use for a small subset of their troop requests. Unfortunately, there's a downside.

The reality is if Supercell were to implement the simplified interface you've defined, people will immediately get angry at the limitations and start requesting the things I mention above. You give the users an inch and they demand a mile. So why would Supercell want to cure one minor grief (note "minor") if it will result in a potentially major grief? It's easiest and safest just to leave the system as-is.
    Indeed, I've made those just to get a sense of how the interface should look like.
    The minimum level troops can of course be added somehow: either there would be a checkbox "only max level troops" or there will be an info button and through that info button you could select level for each troop in the request (might be harder to implement).
    If you want to be flexible, you can use the old way of requesting. In your example "1 dragon + 2 balloons OR 6 balloons", you would either select 2 balloons in the advance interface and say in the text "1 dragon OR 4 balloons" either you don't use the advance feature at all and request text would be "1 dragon + 2 balloons OR 6 balloons"
    In the second example, "defense troops", indeed, the initial suggestion doesn't included a case where you can block certain troops but this can be, of course, added. Example: in the advanced window, when a troop is not selected at all, you can have a BLOCK SIGN in the same place you have the MINUS SIGN when a troop is selected. I hope it's clear, I can add a photo for this too.
    What you raised here are some interesting stuff to make sure that everyone is happy.
    I guess this is the reason of why we're discussing this here, to make improvements so that everyone gets what it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Something I wish for, which is simpler I think, is a customizable list of standard requests, so people can easily request exactly what they want, not just the same or last time or you have to type it all again.
    These list can exist, but they will need a management window. As I said in previous posts, the Quick Train can be reused for this.
    Last edited by mitzu; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:56 AM.

I think this is a great idea. The only issue being that almost everyone would request max troops everytime, leaving out the lower leveled players

Quote Originally Posted by Codybuster1 View Post
    I think this is a great idea. The only issue being that almost everyone would request max troops everytime, leaving out the lower leveled players
    I think this can happen now also. I mean, if I request MAX troops, I really want them max. Low level players either don't donate, as they know they don't fulfill my request or they donate and I have to delete them and blame whoever donated (this is the situation we're trying to avoid here).

Assuming you're in a low level clan, you won't ever request max troops as you should know there is no chance in every filling your CC.

The advanced donation menu could be like working in sync with the clan members.

Like, when we open the advanced menu in the request option.
    And select the troops and tick the Max level option.
    Then, the max level is not set to the original max level of the troops but only to that level which your clan can offer you.

Like the best player in your clan has Lv. 2 Electro Dragon then the max Lv. will be set to lv. 2 only for an electro dragon.

Same goes for other troops.

This feature does not include clan perk level up for troops.
    Last edited by MayhemWarLord; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:20 AM.